• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The true Nintendo announcement for today

Billion Dollar corp doesn't want unions. More at 11.

Honest to God I hope people don't start pulling the "my billion dollar corp is better than yours" **** that they always do when Ninty ****s up. Like, no company wants unions.

That said, unionize the workforce.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Billion Dollar corp doesn't want unions. More at 11.

Honest to God I hope people don't start pulling the "my billion dollar corp is better than yours" **** that they always do when Ninty ****s up. Like, no company wants unions.

That said, unionize the workforce.
Tbh I usually see it the other way around, with people acting like Nintendo are saints

FazDude

Smash Master
Yeah; I don't want to see people getting into a catfight over corporations because NOA screwed up for the 342th time (not to mention it is a BIG screwup this time).

Anyway... Jeez. I didn't know NOA could stoop this low. I'm perfectly aware corporations aren't our friends and all that, but this kinda hit deeper for me. My only hope is that NOJ isn't this bad.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And now boys with the Xenoblade we have the trio together:

1650394618544.png
1650394629451.png
1650394664228.png

1. Credit to Monolith Soft for colour scheme and I'm just obsessed with it.

2. The gradual evolution of the boxarts is a nice subtle way of storytelling. One day some kid is gonna pick up all three of these in a store after looking at them all....................and gets bored halfway through one.

3. The various takes on the logos. The feathers of the 1's subtitle, 2's cross (the marking on Pyra's chest), 3's..........I'm thinking that is a nation symbol. Beautiful.

4. The characters and the sword in the case of 1 automatically gives off that this is a big adventure that will pull you in.

It's amazing from Monolith to do this. Storytelling in a way of its series just by boxart alone doubly so with what is the merge of the two "blue giants" for 3. Outside of Mass Effect maybe I can't think of any series that did this.

Here's to the third game.

FazDude

Smash Master
Emulation is cool and all and I'm not opposed to using it but I'm sick of people using it as the go-to response when a company does anything morally dubious

It's not even an original take anymore, nor does it really solve all problems (Switch emulation, for example, isn't as easy as folks make it sound)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
[10 chaeacters]
Look.

We all know the real antagonist of the Sonic films is going to be Olivia Gardeus: CEO of Olive Garden.
She plans to put everything in motion to make every being in the multiverse to be forced to eat Olive Garden's breadsticks the rest of their lives.

And its up to Sonic and eventually Mario and god knows who else (Mr Bean) to stop her!

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah, about that...

I will die on the hill that it wasn't the worst Mario RPG out there
that's it

i'm about to make a Nintendotuber-style rant

puts on glasses

crosses arms

wears Super Mario graphic t-shirt

"Paper Mario Sticker Star, is the worst game to ever offend my senses. It poisoned my water supply, burned my crops, and delivered a plague unto my house. It also stole my wife and firstborn. It then ran over my dog.

I hate Toads."

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Obligatory GabaLeth comic dub time! I got to voice Marth in their latest dub. Not gonna lie, I actually totally forgot I recorded for this until it appeared in my feed.
Also, got fun stuff going on this weekend! I'm gonna be heading to HSV Expo. Pretty excited, cause not only do I like conventions, but Havoc Fox's creators will be there to present a new demo for the game! I'm not 100% sure, but I think my voice might be in it. So that's fun! And one of my biggest VO inspirations is going to be there as well, so I'm gonna get a print from em', haha.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just comin' by to see my fellow Xeno fans, including Lamperouge Lamperouge , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna & many others, since as you know, a new trailer just came up today. (who could have been more surprising if NOA twitter didn't **** up & leaked a picture early) and, while I'm not going anything over anything specific, I say that:
hoo boy.jpg

I hope my crippling Hades addiction can wear off soon enough so that I can finish most of my huge backlog in time. 'cuz hoo boy, this game is somehow probably gonna be bigger than 2, and that game - alongside 1 & somewhat Torna - stole a huge piece of my life, and if the game not only measure but surpass them, then i'm all for it.

(also how did Monolith managed to get the game release in freakin' July. Usually you see delay, not Uno delay these days.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
started watching Fire Force and will start watching season 2 of Demon Slayer (even the episodic retelling of the train movie)…I am really digging it

also I think Zenitsu, Inosuke/Boar Man, and Arthur are my favorites from both shows

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wouldn't reddit just delete the post?

This seems like a classic "post a fake leak then remove it yourself". Like that ArtsyOmni hoax back in Smash 4.

It has the disclaimer that it was removed by Reddit's Legal Operations team in response to a copyright claim by a third party.

Fake or not, we're overdue on new official announcement.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You know, I still have new clue what this devious little creature is from, but I think that makes it all the more intriguing. 👁
She's a hyperdeformed, cat chibi abomination of Type-Moon's main girl, Alcrueid.

But Neco Arc is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better because Neco Arc.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm honestly surprised that Urban Champion hasn't been added the Switch's NES Online app.

At least the arcade version is on the Switch eShop.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The true Nintendo announcement for today

God I really hope this ends up being unfounded. Nintendo is highly anti-consumer but they've also been consistently pro-worker at the same time. idk if it's a hot take but I care far more about workers than consumers, which has been my main response Nintendo's business practices recently, that at least they're the best in the industry among AAA devs at treating workers right. If we lose that then there's just nothing left which would suuuuuuck.

Shroob

Sup?
God I really hope this ends up being unfounded. Nintendo is highly anti-consumer but they've also been consistently pro-worker at the same time. idk if it's a hot take but I care far more about workers than consumers, which has been my main response Nintendo's business practices recently, that at least they're the best in the industry among AAA devs at treating workers right. If we lose that then there's just nothing left which would suuuuuuck.
Nintendo? Being ****ty to not only its consumers but also its employees?

Who coulda seen that coming?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can someone please send them to a therapist or something? Ik WB can afford one.
at this rate, I’m starting to think they are the therapist. No reason for all of these problems to continue happening for a single movie franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom