• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario Odyssey really missed some obvious fanservice ideas. Bringing back the kingdoms from Mario Land 1, bringing back Subcon, bringing back other classic villains like Wart and Tatanga. Heck, a cool DLC pack could have been like... "Island Adventures" where you go to Isle Delfino, Kong Island, Yoshi's Island, and Kitchen Island.

Those could have been the DLC Packs! "Return to Sarasaland" and "Island Adventures"! Sure, that doesn't leave a place for Subcon but whatever. That could have just been a kingdom in the main game. Really hone in on the middle east inspiration with some additional elements from the original Yume Kōjō festival for good measure. It writes itself!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So, Amphibia and The Owl House both had flashback episodes this week.

Seeing the past of both Amphibia and the Boiling Isles makes me want a spin-off that takes place during past centuries of both settings.

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!
Mario Odyssey really missed some obvious fanservice ideas. Bringing back the kingdoms from Mario Land 1, bringing back Subcon, bringing back other classic villains like Wart and Tatanga. Heck, a cool DLC pack could have been like... "Island Adventures" where you go to Isle Delfino, Kong Island, Yoshi's Island, and Kitchen Island.

Those could have been the DLC Packs! "Return to Sarasaland" and "Island Adventures"! Sure, that doesn't leave a place for Subcon but whatever. That could have just been a kingdom in the main game. Really hone in on the middle east inspiration with some additional elements from the original Yume Kōjō festival for good measure. It writes itself!
Ah...

The Snake hates Mario Odyssey arc begins.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tiger and Bunny for sure seems like its supposed to get a season 3.
Netflix didn't do much to clarify it but Season 2 will be broadcasted in two parts. The first 12 parts were only the first cour and the second cour will come later. Season 1 was also televised in two parts.

I saw a lot of fans being confused about this so don't worry.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Mr. Enter is a cartoon reviewer known for being...one of those cartoon reviewers.

In his Turning Red review, he said that the movie doesn't talk enough about 9/11. Because it takes place in 2002.

It was very silly.
Curious but why does this Mr. Enter want 9/11 referenced in Turning Red? Also didn't 9/11 happened during 2001 and not 2002?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Plus this too, since the setting was in Canada not the US.

I really do question whether Mr. Enter had really put any thought within his arguments and criticism for Turning Red.
It sounds like the movie didn't really appeal to him so rather than just saying he didn't vibe with it, he put a lot of thought into coming up with nonsensical arguments and criticism.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Curious but why does this Mr. Enter want 9/11 referenced in Turning Red? Also didn't 9/11 happened during 2001 and not 2002?
In short, he's a weirdo who takes children cartoons too seriously. I remember watching him once out of curiousity and when talking about something he does like, in that case Teen Titans, he praised the episode's racism allegory by not having Cyborg be the focus of the episode and how his discriminatory issues are because of his machinery. I could be misremembering that but considering his political views I'd be surprised if I was

D

Deleted member

One of my IRL friends just called me and we talked for a bit.

Mostly about how I was doing with Covid, how he and his family were doing and other general stuff about our hobbies.
We also talked about my concerns regarding how I may be going too slow with life (as my psychologist suggested me to do), and he was fully supportive and thought that I was indeed trying my best with the issues I have and that It is worth being happy about due to how tough that can be.

So yeah, It was neat to talk with one of them again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey don't worry about it bro. After all I got warned for my post while you didn't. Must be nice to be able to instigate people and then watch them get punished for not wanting any of it.
Actually I did get a warning.

And if it counts for anything, I'm also just really embarrassed for acting like that.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Thinking of redoing the concept I did for a SEGA All-Stars Racing 3 a year ago. I still like the job I did, but I feel like there's probably a lot more I could add with the larger knowledge of SEGA history that I now have

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's really wild how Turning Red has certain white people acting really ****ing weird.
Well Disney movies lately been all about generational trauma of racial and ethnic minorities, so of course they're gonna be weird; It doesn't center around whiteness. And when things are not about them, then they start saying the stupidest ****.

Idk what the problem is though, they already have their own generational trauma film of Chicken Little. And it was deservedly ass, but it still exists.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, I watched Sonny Boy.

I don't know how I missed this when it first aired. It's very surreal in both visuals and writing, with a pretty bittersweet tone overall but it's easily one of the best anime I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Divine race:

1650204995200.png

“I am Divine Cherub. My wings shall protect you from the wicked and divine alike.”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Jewish mythology. Cherubim are an order of angels that can take a variety of appearances and roles. They are originally angels encountered by Israelites before being a part of Christianity and Islam but their roots may go back to Akkadian protector creatures. A cherub usually has four wings and four faces that represent wild and domestic animals, birds, and humans. They embody the throne of God.

Skills: Mahamabarion, Megidolaon, Samarecarm, Donum Magici

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

I think Cherubim may be one of the most regal, angelic if you will, looking demons in the entire series. It’s a great idea to place the human in the center while making the other animal parts form the throne of god around them. It even has the correct amount of wings. As it’s the case with some other angels, I think their expression might be a little too smug but it’s otherwise a brilliant design. It looks like it’d tower over other angels by design alone, as they should.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My dad. Not thinking, May have burried a baby possom that may have been playing possom. Nothing we can do about it now. Its probay alreqdy dead now if it wasnt already.

Pour one out for the maybe not dead but dead now possom

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That new Star Wars lego game is pretty cool, I like how they shook up the formula a ton
Yeah, been watching it on YT a ton and its gotten me super nostalgic for all the LEGO games. Played quite a bit of LEGO Indiana Jones growing up with one of my brothers.

I don't have my OG copies of the LEGO games anymore (I was a dumb butt who sold them) but most of 'em are on Steam, I'll probably try to get them back that way.

Although, the whole franchise isn't on there, which is weird. Ah well, most of the older ones were basically the same game with different skins, it's like a Warriors game: Just pick your favorite brand and there ya go. :4wario2:

I was also reminded about the tragedy that was LEGO Worlds, though...

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
So it looks like I do have a ear infection and I have to take like 5 different medicines + do a checkup later because I could have an underlying condition causing this.

... honestly might just skip out on work today because my last day is literally 3 days away and I am tired and fed up with this

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm about to finally reach Inazuma on Genshin. Thought going back to Ayaka Kamisato would work.

Also Lamperouge Lamperouge using Mai-san? Good. You watched Bunny Girl Senpai recently or was it ages ago? Can't remember.

So, I watched Sonny Boy.

I don't know how I missed this when it first aired. It's very surreal in both visuals and writing, with a pretty bittersweet tone overall but it's easily one of the best anime I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you for reminding me that anime existed. Really need to get round to watching it.

Spy x Family episode this week rocked by the way.

Lego Racers was genuinelly better than Mario Kart at the time. Bring it back
There is a far better Lego Racing game dude.

1650207807358.png

I'd cry of joy for a late 90s/early 00s Lego games collection remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom