• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't understand why Smash Ultimate takes a while to load the characters' alt colors on the character select screen when the Brawl mod PMEX Remix (which has a larger roster and more alts than Ultimate) doesn't have this issue?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Don't understand why Smash Ultimate takes a while to load the characters' alt colors on the character select screen when the Brawl mod PMEX Remix (which has a larger roster and more alts than Ultimate) doesn't have this issue?
Are you running PMEX on PC or actual hardware? Is Ultimate running on cartridge, internal storage, or SD Card?

'Cause especially on Switch, loading textures from SD card is always gonna be big oof.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
PMEX is on computer and Ultimate is on SD card.
PMEX is gonna always load faster on PC, especially if you're running it off of an SSD or NVME, load times between SSD and NVME storage are gonna blow SD Cards outta the water.

This would be a comedic post in 2021.

But it's 2022.

Got something to say Marty McFly? 🤨🤨🤨
Yeah

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The ML in Shikimori-san is holding the show back by a lot. Granted, I still don't think it'd be all that great even if he was remotely capable of defending himself and wasn't causing his friends to get hurt because of his cursed luck, but still.

Spy x Family still slays tho.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm debating with myself on wether or not to Shiny hunt Darkrai.
I'm not that big a fan of Darkrai's shiny colors but like, it's still a rare Pokemon lol

And it only affects the newcomers.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The images used for SSBU's character select screen are much larger than they need to be. I'm talking 2048x2048. That and while it's loading all these 2k images, it has to load stage assets as well.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So when Gen X made movies for kids, it was all about wishing their parents were actually there to spend time with them.

When Millenials made movies for kids, it's all about them expressing their generational trauma and fighting back over the outdated views of the older gen.

So when Gen Z makes movies for kids...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So when Gen X made movies for kids, it was all about wishing their parents were actually there to spend time with them.

When Millenials made movies for kids, it's all about them expressing their generational trauma and fighting back over the outdated views of the older gen.

legally required words

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Amogus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok real talk

Epic and GOG give away stuff for free, like, a lot nowadays.

How the heck they making money? How on earth is it profitable to do it as often as they do, especially Epic?
Funny enough this was brought up in the Epic vs Apple lawsuit, Apple brought this up and how Epic is losing money iirc
I was a kid in 2002. Trust me, it was predominately on our minds. Also there's a difference between a movie taking place in a vague contemporary point in time (Toy Story 2) and one where there was a conscious effort to have it take place in that exact year.

Also, the severity of the two incidents are not equivalent
The movie doesn't take place in America, so would it be on the mind of non American kids in 2002? I know I only really became aware of 9/11 in the 2010's because of a teacher who lived there for a decade

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I'll apologize.

My mental health recently took a plummet and I've been really cranky lately. Pseudoscience is a big pet peeve of mine but I should've been more respectful.
Hey don't worry about it bro. After all I got warned for my post while you didn't. Must be nice to be able to instigate people and then watch them get punished for not wanting any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom