• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
RoS was pretty much like watching a boring filler arc for the majority of the movie…a very epileptic one…best part of the movie was easily the part where you get to leave the theaters and wait for more Mandalorian and the last season of Clone Wars
The best metaphor i saw for the rise of skywalker is that it's like the post games of the Megaman RPG's.

Yeah things happen, but at the end of the day it's nothing that matters and it's just one long tedious fetch quest spanning like 10 hours.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Im fairly mixed on the sequels.

Loved TFA, mid on TLJ, and RoS gets worse for me as time moves on

On a side note, Rouge One was great and the Darth Vader scene at the end is probably my favorite scene across the entire franchise.

And Solo.... uh... It was a movie I guess lol

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
gonna go watch sonic 2. I'm really happy I managed to go into it without getting spoiled on the post credits scene. I wasn't so lucky with a single movie last year that I watched (that had one obviously), nor with the first sonic. All I know is that apparently it's insane! i have a few guesses as to who it could be (Chaos, Shadow, maybe Silver), but I don't know for sure!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
“Excuse me sir but would you by chance have a lick of honest I could have?”

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
“Excuse me sir but would you by chance have a lick of honest I could have?”
They can't let Star Wars into the canon: They don't want to reveal Pooh solos both Sephiroth and Vader.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, been working on a lot of stuff lately! Namely, I've been concepting ideas for a game I wanna make someday. So I figured I'd share some small snippets here.

Rome
Species: Demon
Birthday: December 27th
Demon Power: Transformation
Dislikes: Bad hair days, loud music, distractions, potatoes, thunder

A flamboyant demon scientist who works under the government. Rome is no doubt an intelligent man, and he takes great pride in that fact. Though his peers would likely argue that he has a few screws loose. While he may be a bit of an odd and mysterious individual, his desire to help Sorrel and Faye seems genuine. So perhaps we can trust him… or maybe his interests just happen to align with theirs.

The Threshold Between Worlds is the “passageway” between the other world and the human world. It takes the appearance of an endless field, with a white, cloudless sky. Only demons with a power that allows them to cross worlds, or people with an item embedded with such power, can cross the Threshold Between Worlds.
I've always kinda been thinking "Okay, so how do demons cross worlds? Do they just like, use the power and boop they're there?" Well, I figured having a "gateway" would make more sense, and that's what the Threshold Between Worlds is: The space in-between universes. Design-wise, it's based off of the memory sequences from OneShot.

Demons are powerful beings, marked by extreme strength and regenerative abilities. Each demon harnesses a magical ability known as a Demon Power. These powers are usually triggered by an emotion, thought, or action, and how long it takes for a demon to discover their power can vary greatly.

While demons have a fight-or-flight response, they have another, unique reaction to life-threatening danger. When brought into a potentially fatal situation, demons enter a state in which they lose all self control, and a feral, manic, and bloodthirsty personality emerges as a “last resort” in order to fend off any threats. When all threats have been dealt with, the demon stays in this state for thirty minutes to two hours. While this psychological response is effective at ensuring a demon’s survival, it’s deemed detrimental overall, as demons are prone to harming innocents when in this bloodthirsty state. Thus, from a young age, demons have been taught to masterfully suppress and contain this side of themselves. While it’s not always easy, causing the demon to recall a strong bond, an important memory, or other emotional, substantial thing will snap them out of it, on the off chance that they do slip into that violent state.
The demons are generally based off of various portrayals of demons in media. Y'all remember how I asked about InuYasha a few days ago? Well, I asked cause I liked the character design in it. Then I learned the franchise had demons and I was like "OHOHOHO INSPIRATION STATION HERE I COME" and read several Fandom pages on the show, lmao

AAAAAAND POSSIBLY MOST EXCITING OF ALL... Asteria's first comic is 100% finished! I'll drop in the coming days,
Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64 Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think Smash would work better as like an animated series than a movie universe
I 100% agree with this.

Leaves more room to explore notably worldbuilding and not limited like a movie, allowing also more focus on characters.

Should be an anime just as Kid Icarus should (Which despite having anime-like cutscenes in Uprising which is a darn waste).

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just watched K-On the Movie. Tagging SneakyLink SneakyLink (K-On fan) and a few of my other weebs Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and Wademan94 Wademan94 cause he's my mate.

Holy **** I'm beyond impressed.

ritsu-heart.gif

1. Bro leave it to KyoAni to do a city like London so well. No let's try and cut corners to have everyone speak Japanese or copy and paste backgrounds. When you literally take an entire scene of a supermarket and pretty much cover them to resemble one in the UK with UK products and such, its impressive or having the people speaking it doing well.
Reminded me a bit a few years where I wanted to study in London but passed on it.

2. Give me a series honestly of Hokago Tea Time touring the various music cities in Western Europe. Belfast (ye my hometown is famous for its music), Liverpool, Vienna, Paris etc. I could watch that forever.

3. The whole Azu-nya/Yui dynamic was brilliant throughout the film and funny. Ritsu is still the best character though.

4. Gohan wa Okazu is my new ringtone now on my phone. No, I do not care if it blares out in public.

Decided to watch it as well I consider today in a way the day I "graduated" to being finally employed after a few roughish years cause of the pandemic.
K-On just felt appropriate and its one of the most comfy anime of all time.

So I'm off to bed and I'll wake up to get ready to go to work for the first time in my life. Tomorrow is a monumental day for me.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just watched K-On the Movie. Tagging SneakyLink SneakyLink (K-On fan) and a few of my other weebs Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and Wademan94 Wademan94 cause he's my mate.

Holy **** I'm beyond impressed.

View attachment 350139

1. Bro leave it to KyoAni to do a city like London so well. No let's try and cut corners to have everyone speak Japanese or copy and paste backgrounds. When you literally take an entire scene of a supermarket and pretty much cover them to resemble one in the UK with UK products and such, its impressive or having the people speaking it doing well.
Reminded me a bit a few years where I wanted to study in London but passed on it.

2. Give me a series honestly of Hokago Tea Time touring the various music cities in Western Europe. Belfast (ye my hometown is famous for its music), Liverpool, Vienna, Paris etc. I could watch that forever.

3. The whole Azu-nya/Yui dynamic was brilliant throughout the film and funny. Ritsu is still the best character though.

4. Gohan wa Okazu is my new ringtone now on my phone. No, I do not care if it blares out in public.

Decided to watch it as well I consider today in a way the day I "graduated" to being finally employed after a few roughish years cause of the pandemic.
K-On just felt appropriate and its one of the most comfy anime of all time.

So I'm off to bed and I'll wake up to get ready to go to work for the first time in my life. Tomorrow is a monumental day for me.
You'll do great, my dude.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
user warned
Oh, so when anime girls are red haired it's based but me being ginger is an L?
Do what Cartman did and start a ginger uprising.
Ranma Saotome is also hot.

I did not make 100000 posts simping for Marina and Olivia just for you to say this.
Into petite and loli, are we? That's cool.

The demons are generally based off of various portrayals of demons in media. Y'all remember how I asked about InuYasha a few days ago? Well, I asked cause I liked the character design in it. Then I learned the franchise had demons and I was like "OHOHOHO INSPIRATION STATION HERE I COME" and read several Fandom pages on the show, lmao
I recommend reading the manga. There are lots of good panels showing off all the variety of demon artwork. Rumiko Takahashi's work is highly regarded. Still love how alot of her stuff got to do crossovers with Yo-Kai Watch games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom