• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Popped into my head for a potential scene in the next movie involving Eggman:

(First person POV of Eggman waking up, entire scene takes place from first person)

Stone: “Doctor. Doctor, can you hear me?”

(wakes up to see Agent Stone in a darkly lit laboratory)

Eggman (now voiced by Mike Pollock): “ugh…Stone?”

Stone: “It’s good to see you awake Doctor!”

Eggman: “What…happened?” (Attempts to get up)

Stone: (motions him back down) “Save your strength Doctor, your body still needs to charge up. Can you recall your most recent memory?” (Tilts the bed Eggman’s lying on upwards)

Eggman: “I think so…”
we were in our mech…”
I remember a golden light…”

the hedgehog.”

Stone: “Perfect, that’s exactly where you should be at before you blacked out, I’ll catch you up then.” (Moves over to the computer screen) “Several months have passed after the mech was destroyed. We’re currently at our hidden base beneath Station Square. GUN confiscated a lot of our equipment and I’m in the process of getting everything back.”

Eggman: “Alright…wait, why do I sound like this?” (Puts a hand to his throat before noticing its robotic) “AHH!” (Looks at both his hands) “STONE!”

Stone: (rushing over to him) “It’s okay! It’s okay. That’s on me for not leading with that. Unfortunately your body took a lot of damage from both the destruction of our giant mech as well the exposure to the uncontrolled power of the Emerald, so in order to keep you alive in our current situation, I had to build you a new body. Think of it like a Robocop meets Darth Vader kind of thing.”

Eggman: (looking at more of his robotic body) “I see…did any part of me survive?”

Stone: “Well your brain of course, as well as a few vital organs and…miraculously enough…” (pulls out a mirror to show Eggman’s robotic face that resembles his game counterpart with his natural mustache implanted into it.)

Stone: “Keep in mind this isn’t a permanent body, I’m currently working on one that’s more what you looked like before but I’ll need more time to complete it.” (points to a model that’s based off Carrey’s Eggman)

Eggman: (thinks for a second) “Take as much time as you need Stone.” (strokes his mustache) “I don’t mind spending some time in this body.”

D

Deleted member

I like looki g at spoilers so I looked up the scene whereSonic and Tails have the dance off and I high key found that adorable and idk why people saying "omg cringe"
I found it adorable and cool. I don't see what was wrong with it. It was quite good.
Yeah, It was quite a fun scene. And I liked It when Sonic did the Sonic Adventure 1 pose

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
eh, I dunno if attributing it all to anti-vaxxers is a great comparision, from my experience they've been a very vocal minority while the bigger underlying issue(cities and larger buisnesses refusing to even consider shutting down again now that we've been doing this for 2+ years) is a bigger issue.
If everyone eligable got fully vaccinated we probably wouldn't even need shut downs anymore.

But politicians are too cowardly to do anything about it. At least in the US, a vaccine mandate is long overdue.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh, I think this has to take the cake
WHAT?

He really just sad the audience isnt Kids. I’m 24 and I was one only people in that age range there. My screening was full of kids who were hyped as hell. Taking pictures in front of the posters, they had sonic shirts or hoodies on.

How could you actually think kids don’t play the game of one of the most recognizable characters of all time?
Yo! Yo! Yo!

I've offically reached the big 3 O.

I'm 30 now! :D
Congrats! Happy birthday, hope it’s a good one!
Apparently my mother tested positive for Covid. Although thankfully I took the nose test thingie and I myself tested negative so I can still meet with my IRL friends this week as we had planned.

Gonna have to keep an eye on my mother at the moment doh, in case she needs anything.
I hope she’s able to recover swiftly and without issue! Hope you stay healthy to.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
people didnt think i was weird and creepy
Life is easier when you stop caring about what other people think when they're not someone you have any reason to care about.

Are the people you're trying to please paying for any of your living expenses or food?
Are you hurting anyone with your actions?
Are you not having fun with what you're doing?

If the answer to those questions is a simple "no", then why care about what they think?

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Life is easier when you stop caring about what other people think when they're not someone you have any reason to care about.

Are the people you're trying to please paying for any of your living expenses or food?
Are you hurting anyone with your actions?
Are you not having fun with what you're doing?

If the answer to those questions is a simple "no", then why care about what they think?
straight facts honestly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like looki g at spoilers so I looked up the scene whereSonic and Tails have the dance off and I high key found that adorable and idk why people saying "omg cringe"
This scene was honestly one of the best moments. It was a fun setup for the plot, pretty well put together and fits honestly pretty well in terms of early sonic media. It was fun, and the reviewers are objectively wrong for thinking otherwise.
Remember reading a review where someone was mad that Sonic breakdances and snowboards in the movie, because that's "Not Sonic".

Yeah.
People literally forget that sonics movement in smash is low key how a break dancer would move half the time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People literally forget that sonics movement in smash is low key how a break dancer would move half the time.
Somewhat related, but here's a Brazillian fighting style developed by African slaves that was originally disguised as breakdancing so that masters wouldn't get suspicious.

Capoeira is what it's called.

Look at this vid, some of these movements may looks very familiar

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
He really just sad the audience isnt Kids. I’m 24 and I was one only people in that age range there. My screening was full of kids who were hyped as hell. Taking pictures in front of the posters, they had sonic shirts or hoodies on.
I think alot of it has to do with Sonic having a larger western demographic and many of the more vocal members of said western demographic seem to fall under the nostalgic 90s gamer umbrella. Sonic may be primarily Japanese but Japanese kids seem to lean into action or puzzle RPGs like Puzzles & Dragons and Monster Strike and meanwhile you have many a western kid leaning into the free multiplatform FPS game we all know to be Fortnite. Granted, I've seen my share of western kids wearing shirts and holding plushes of Sonic merch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking if which, I think there was a hardcore shipper in the audience when I saw it.

At the scene where Sonic and Knuckles talk about why they helped each other and who they lost on the beach, there was a very audible, very fangirly "Oh My God" at the back of the theatre.

**** was funny as hell.
Day 37290 of me trying to understand alloromantics:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom