• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, but legit, one thing I want the games to take away from Sonic Movie 2 was the characterization of the main cast.

Sonic legit felt like his Adventure self, wisecracking and having a cool attitude, and yet he still has a sense of justice and will figuratively slow down if it means keeping his friends out of danger at the risk of himself.

Tails wasn't a whiny pushover that relies on Sonic 24/7. Sure, it's obvious that he idolizes him, but he still makes independent decisions and is willing to get in on the action. I also love what they did to his inventive personality, and gave him cool tools and weapons for combat.

Knuckles was a dumbass, yes, but he still has a sense of dignity and honor which reminded me of the Adventure games a lot. Lowkey wish Tails and Knuckles weren't flanderized to hell.

Dr. Eggman reminded me of Adventure 2 with being both goofy and a threat. That is a good thing cause Adventure 2 Eggman was genuinelly peak.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I loved this. Reminded me of why I loved Knuckles, before they goofed him.
The issue with modern Knuckles is that he's goes against the rules that Sega set for him.

In the old games (3K, SA, SA2), yeah he was a dumbass but the thing about him was that he was the man on a mission, in most cases that mission was protecting the Master Emerald. Made him badass in that front.

But since they pretty much written out the Master Emerald, he's just... a man. A dumbass with... nothing to do.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Now this is never gonna happen, but you know how we're getting that Mega Man Netflix movie?

Hear me out. So we got a Sonic Movie, and getting Mega Man movie. And crossovers make the big bucks.

Worlds Collide movie.
Only question would be, what actor would be a good straight man/Dr. Wily to Jim Carrey's manic Eggman?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you ain’t watching Close Enough, or need a reason to, here’s something to get you watching it
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbh you could have left it at this
Well you probably wouldn’t be wrong when one of his complaints is that knuckles gloves are to big.

like wtf?

Not only do they perfectly fit him, he literally looks like that all the time. I know he wanted that content, but damn at least work for it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well you probably wouldn’t be wrong when one of his complaints is that knuckles gloves are to big.

like wtf?

Not only do they perfectly fit him, he literally looks like that all the time. I know he wanted that content, but damn at least work for it.
"That's too hard, now let me appease the algorithm so people will remember me for more than that weird Pikmin and Paper Mario guy"

Reactions: Z25

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, Kingdom Heart 4 might come out in the next 5 years I guess.

Only question would be, what actor would be a good straight man/Dr. Wily to Jim Carrey's manic Eggman?
Jason Statham.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Went to the city's aquarium this morning. Wanted to share some pics as I feel folks such as Noipoi Noipoi or osby osby may appreciate some of the photos.
Keep in mind they may be a lot doh, so watch out if the site starts lagging.

And I saved the weirdest specimen for last

Truly a fascinating and odd creature.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Went to the city's aquarium this morning. Wanted to share some pics as I feel folks such as Noipoi Noipoi or osby osby may appreciate some of the photos.
Keep in mind they may be a lot doh, so watch out if the site starts lagging.

And I saved the weirdest specimen for last
Truly a fascinating and odd creature.
I love aquariums, thanks for sharing!

Glad to see you're back and enjoying yourself.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I respect Arlo and all, but sometimes his takes are just...

Well, I'm just gonna say that there's no reason to review a part of a franchise that you have literally 0 interest in, let alone force yourself to play/watch it.
Putting food on the table is one reason. At the end of the day, though, YouTube is a largely passion driven platform. If you aren’t dedicated to the content you’re producing, it’ll show. That’s kinda just why I make content solely related to content I’m passionate about, even if it garners less views. Though I know some YouTubers gotta make an “algorithm video” every now and then, and I can’t really blame em for that. I’m in a situation where I don’t need to since I don’t make revenue from my videos anyway, haha. 💦

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

like wtf?

Tbh, I think this has to take the cake

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still can't believe that Durarara actually crossed over with Megami Tensei

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1649686044796.png

“I’m Haunt Dullahan! Footsteps of death that close in on the dark of the night, that’s my sword!”

Alignment: Neutral-Dark

Origin: Irish mythology. A headless horseman who rides a black horse and carries their head in their hand. A dullahan uses a human spine as a whip and the wagon its horse pulls is adorned with corpse parts and funeral objects. It is said that a person will soon die at a place where they stop riding, as their call withdraws the soul of anyone they call their name. Golden objects can protection against dullahans.

Skills: Mudoon, Blight, Spirit Drain, Donum Gladi

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

As dullahans are not very well-known in Japan, they’re usually used as a generic term for headless knights and this one is no different. While a creepier and darker design would fit the role better, Dullahan still manages to be unsettling with its bizarrely realistic, yet uncanny face. I also like how its head has a mechanical part that fits the bulb on its neck. Dullahans are usually male but this one is decidedly feminine, making the demon a bit more distinctive. Fun fact, it is thought that this creature is a corrupted version of the Celtic god Crom Dubh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sonic 2 just made $141 million WW against a $90 million budget.

Definitely a success and absolutely deserves it.

This is the whole Birds of Prey/Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) scenario again only Morbius and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 given the former ain't doing so well unsurprisingly.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tbh, I think this has to take the cake
Arlo when Mario doesn't say the F word in the Mario movie (The out of touch executives don't realise that grown manchildren like the franchise more than the intended audience of actual children)

D

Deleted member

Apparently my mother tested positive for Covid. Although thankfully I took the nose test thingie and I myself tested negative so I can still meet with my IRL friends this week as we had planned.

Gonna have to keep an eye on my mother at the moment doh, in case she needs anything.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Garchomp/Tyranitar

Garchomp can set up a Swords Dance and then KO everything for super effective damage with STAB Dragon Claw and Earthquake. Might have to add Dual Chop if Dragonite runs multiscale.

Tyranitar is to counter Dragapult. Dragapult outspeeds Garchomp and threatens to OHKO it with Draco Meteor or Dragon Darts, but T-tar can pursuit trap it.
Pursuit is only an option in a NatDex meta.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently my mother tested positive for Covid. Although thankfully I took the nose test thingie and I myself tested negative so I can still meet with my IRL friends this week as we had planned.

Gonna have to keep an eye on my mother at the moment doh, in case she needs anything.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she pulls through.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hope she gets well soon.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507

Hope she'll be okay.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Hoping the best for her

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
He very much disliked the first one, he doesn't care about Sonic at all in the first place, and most of all, it's a kids movie with kids movie humor that was never going to mix with (from what I can see) Arlo's constant want for things to take themselves super seriously and be big and bold all the time.
I haven't watched any Arlo content in a long time but he seems to be disinterested in anything that isn't Metroid, Zelda and Pikmin when I did.

There are plenty of games that tackle or explore adult or mature themes despite their target demographic being younger audiences. It just seems that Arlo doesn't actually play any of those things.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Praying for a fine recovery for your mom.

Hope she's been double vaxxed and boosted.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I haven't watched any Arlo content in a long time but he seems to be disinterested in anything that isn't Metroid, Zelda and Pikmin when I did.

There are plenty of games that tackle or explore adult or mature themes despite their target demographic being younger audiences. It just seems that Arlo doesn't actually play any of those things.
I remember he said good things about Splatoon 2 at one point or another but it's been a good while since I watched any of his content(just in general I've been trying to ween off the whole "reaction/commentary" channels because I realized half of the time I wasn't really 'watching' just listing to the person talking for 15-20 minutes)

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I remember he said good things about Splatoon 2 at one point or another but it's been a good while since I watched any of his content(just in general I've been trying to ween off the whole "reaction/commentary" channels because I realized half of the time I wasn't really 'watching' just listing to the person talking for 15-20 minutes)
His Pokemon SWSH video was probably the only thing I really respected in awhile with the exception of the claim of Pokemon should stop being turn based. There's nothing wrong with a game being turn based. It's more of a problem of how Pokemon's turn based system isn't that good compared to a ton of other games.

That said, I don't mind more informative essay videos as opposed to more critical or commentative ones. These days, alot of my YouTube entertainment is in the form of just rewatching/listening to TF2 Smexual memes while I play games.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I need to get my booster soon, already been double vaxxed but I don't know if it's been long enough.

Honestly, compared to a lot of other vaccines I've had the covid vaccine is more of a little prick than anything else; I barely felt it when I got both my doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom