• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Fun fact!

Sega of America screamed at JP home office that they were murdering their home console business with a series of terrible decisions in the 90s.

And Sega of Japan told them to jump in a lake and did their own thing anyways.

And then they nearly collapsed and had to become a software developer. :)
And then Sega of Japan proceeded to make games SO japanese that it would be physically impossible to sell the Saturn to a western audience in any capacity. Like Sakura Wars.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ah

Arlo did a Sonic Movie 2 review

He did not like the first one, and from what I'm reading here, he did not like this one.

How shall I react to this, you ask? How dare someone not enjoy the same things as moi, you might think? Well, let me tell you, I will...

Go grab a cup of tea, my throat is quite dry.
Can I just say- this thumbnail is hillarious.
1649640699171.png

Mans about to get GUNNED. DOWN.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, at least he is one of the smaller amount of people (as it currently seems) who did not like it.

The Muppets were right to reject him, though. :troll:
I like Arlo, and as someone who's trying to get into content creation later this summer, I get it, I really do, this was an algorithm video. He very much disliked the first one, he doesn't care about Sonic at all in the first place, and most of all, it's a kids movie with kids movie humor that was never going to mix with (from what I can see) Arlo's constant want for things to take themselves super seriously and be big and bold all the time.

But yeah, let's not beat around the bush here, he did this because it's easy views from a fanbase that is the easiest bear in the world to poke and feeds an algorithm that's Sonic heavy ATM.

Basically: Sonic fans are the targeted demographic for the Sonic movie, and anyone outside of that will probably be whelmed. Shocking, I know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like Arlo, and as someone who's trying to get into content creation later this summer, I get it, I really do, this was an algorithm video. He very much disliked the first one, he doesn't care about Sonic at all in the first place, and most of all, it's a kids movie with kids movie humor that was never going to mix with (from what I can see) Arlo's constant want for things to take themselves super seriously and be big and bold all the time.

But yeah, let's not beat around the bush here, he did this because it's easy views from a fanbase that is the easiest bear in the world to poke and feeds an algorithm that's Sonic heavy ATM.

Basically: Sonic fans are the targeted demographic for the Sonic movie, and anyone outside of that will probably be whelmed. Shocking, I know.
Not so shocking to me, actually. By smaller amount of people who disliked it, I have no problem with that. I am only happy that many seem to like the movie, and that might lead for big bucks for Paramount. I can understand why it is not his kind of thing.

But yeah, the Muppets part was just a joke.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I skimmed through Arlo’s video and honestly he kinda has pretty bad takes.

Most of them aren’t problems because he forgets that this is a Hollywood film, that has obvious guidelines for how to follow the plot through. Even if that means nonsense Hollywood tropes. At the end of the day it’s a kids film that use whatever logic it needs to, to progress the plot.

Then if Arlo was actually aware a lot more on Sonic history, lore, and the fact that yes humans exist and have been important to multiple sonic medias, then he would realize he kinda can’t critique that.

Also he critiques the film for being too cartoony.

Which makes me wonder what the **** was he watching with Sonic previously or playing from sonic previously?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I skimmed through Arlo’s video and honestly he kinda has pretty bad takes.

Most of them aren’t problems because he forgets that this is a Hollywood film, that has obvious guidelines for how to follow the plot through. Even if that means nonsense Hollywood tropes. At the end of the day it’s a kids film that use whatever logic it needs to, to progress the plot.

Then if Arlo was actually aware a lot more on Sonic history, lore, and the fact that yes humans exist and have been important to multiple sonic medias, then he would realize he kinda can’t critique that.

Also he critiques the film for being too cartoony.

Which makes me wonder what the **** was he watching with Sonic previously or playing from sonic previously?
I respect Arlo and all, but sometimes his takes are just...

Well, I'm just gonna say that there's no reason to review a part of a franchise that you have literally 0 interest in, let alone force yourself to play/watch it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As I said earlier, this was 100% for the views.

It's unfortunate, but guy's gotta put food on the table, I can't fault him for it. It's just YT business. :drshrug:

But yeah nah, I respect Arlo too and I share a lotta his takes on certain things, but then there are times like this where I'm more like 😬 .

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I think I figired out my issue with Arlo.

Its that lately when he criticizes, it just turns into a full blown rant and a very poorly made, poorly researched, and hella biased one at that. Like, I don't mind critiques of my favorite franchises but people like Arlo really stretch that **** out and that **** is either terrible or just ****ing exhausting. If you wanna do that then just go the old school Mr. Enter route and make it ironically funny as ****.

He's fine otherwise though. He seems like a good person.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Keanu Reeves isn't cast for the voice of Shadow. They really missed a huge opportunity there.

No one is more perfect for the role but him and no one can change my mind.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rankings of the films I've seen this year so far.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2. The Batman
3. The Adam Project
4. Moonfall
5. Turning Red

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Still can't fathom how Sonic 2 has a 66% on Rotten Tomatoes. At least deserves an 80%.

How can such a fun escapism film have such low score?
I agree. Then again, I think reviewers wear themselves out with the many movies they see. It kind of has an impact on the scores they give to future movies, if you know what I mean.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More