• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
R A R E A R T W O R K of my boi and Toad holding hands

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hoo boy, where do I even begin with Sega of America vs Sega of Japan.

Long story short, they pratically hate each other. Can not get along as history shows.
Fun fact!

Sega of America screamed at JP home office that they were murdering their home console business with a series of terrible decisions in the 90s.

And Sega of Japan told them to jump in a lake and did their own thing anyways.

And then they nearly collapsed and had to become a software developer. :)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact!

Sega of America screamed at JP home office that they were murdering their home console business with a series of terrible decisions in the 90s.

And Sega of Japan told them to jump in a lake and did their own thing anyways.

And then they nearly collapsed and had to become a software developer. :)
SEGA is a genuine anomaly, any other company that did what they did (and still do) would be bankrupt at least 5 times by now, but somehow they are still alive

MooMew64

SEGA is a genuine anomaly, any other company that did what they did (and still do) would be bankrupt at least 5 times by now, but somehow they are still alive
It's because they're deceptive: They actually are behind some major IPs that bring in the big bucks, and not just Sonic. Football Manager being one of 'em.

They also had a thriving arcade business thanks to their parent company Sammy, but the pandemic ended that, so...

Yeah, they've been doing everything in their power to try and make a buck right now because they bled a lot of money over the pandemic and they're trying to keep afloat. The NFTs are proof of that.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Friendly reminder that Sega was founded in America :yoshi:
Yeah, I know. Shame how those who were in control of the Japanese branch of Sega took control and treated the American branch the way they have been doing. Or were they always in control?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's because they're deceptive: They actually are behind some major IPs that bring in the big bucks, and not just Sonic. Football Manager being one of 'em.

They also had a thriving arcade business thanks to their parent company Sammy, but the pandemic ended that, so...

Yeah, they've been doing everything in their power to try and make a buck right now because they bled a lot of money over the pandemic and they're trying to keep afloat. The NFTs are proof of that.
I mean Ubisoft's attempt at making NFTs crashed and burned, Bandai's trying but I think that's on the verge of crashing and burning, Squenix is just DoA (also obligatory SquEnix moment because that started a huge chain of Ls after Ls), so idk if Sega thinks that they can pull it off. Espcially since their largest fanbase is possibly the most anti-NFT you could get

MooMew64

I mean Ubisoft's attempt at making NFTs crashed and burned, Bandai's trying but I think that's on the verge of crashing and burning, Squenix is just DoA (also obligatory SquEnix moment because that started a huge chain of Ls after Ls), so idk if Sega thinks that they can pull it off. Espcially since their largest fanbase is possibly the most anti-NFT you could get
The creators of Sonic and FF7 making NFTs is quite possibly one of the greatest examples of irony humanity has ever produced.

But yeah, it's a typical money hungry people being out of touch moment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…oh yeah socials are so gonna come after the sponge
from assumed homophobia from Nickelodeon to Jane Foster news

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The creators of Sonic and FF7 making NFTs is quite possibly one of the greatest examples of irony humanity has ever produced.

But yeah, it's a typical money hungry people being out of touch moment.
I think the funniest one was what I believe to be Ubisoft's NFT manager getting pissed that their NFTs are dead in the water, and he was complaining that "Gamers just don't get it".

Like huh???

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Butch Hartman got hacked by NFT bros
the Butch Hartman example specifically is hilarious but anyone else worried at the sheer amount of YT or Twitter accounts being hacked by NFT nuts recently? It's been a long time since a hacking trend on this scale. And all over something as stupid as NFTs. Can they truly be making enough money to justify this?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Butch somehow got hacked by Crypto Bros…cause yeah
On one hand, I don't like NFT bros.

On the other...
EW0pQ5tWsAIxLn-.jpg

the Butch Hartman example specifically is hilarious but anyone else worried at the sheer amount of YT or Twitter accounts being hacked by NFT nuts recently? It's been a long time since a hacking trend on this scale. And all over something as stupid as NFTs. Can they truly be making enough money to justify this?
If they made enough money, then they wouldn't need to hack into peoples accounts.

MooMew64

I think the funniest one was what I believe to be Ubisoft's NFT manager getting pissed that their NFTs are dead in the water, and he was complaining that "Gamers just don't get it".

Like huh???
The funniest part is gamers do get it.

They get that it's a giant nothing burger pyramid scheme that offers features we already have or no one will ever use.

And then he calls people stupid to their face and is shocked they all of a sudden don't want to give him money. It's like a cook being surprised the customer got upset at them for spitting in their food.

MooMew64

Ah

Arlo did a Sonic Movie 2 review

He did not like the first one, and from what I'm reading here, he did not like this one.

How shall I react to this, you ask? How dare someone not enjoy the same things as moi, you might think? Well, let me tell you, I will...

Go grab a cup of tea, my throat is quite dry.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ah

Arlo did a Sonic Movie 2 review

He did not like the first one, and from what I'm reading here, he did not like this one.

How shall I react to this, you ask? How dare someone not enjoy the same things as moi, you might think? Well, let me tell you, I will...

Go grab a cup of tea, my throat is quite dry.
Well, at least he is one of the smaller amount of people (as it currently seems) who did not like it.

The Muppets were right to reject him, though. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom