• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought for a half second that Metroid Prime 4 was finally getting at least a trailer. But I completely lost interest right after.

disappointment aside, it does show how much faith Marvel and Insomniac have in Miles getting to headling a movie and a video game while still being 9 years old. So major props on them for that. Black Panther I can understand since Spidey and X-Men were really the only ones to constantly get big games (unfortunately Avengers ****ed up any chances in more solo properties getting solo games). Would kill for another X-Men game, and more Storm is never bad (a whole year since she and other mutants was in a console game is too long of a wait)...weird how DC has rarely made games outside of Batman involved titles. You'd think there would be a good Superman game or something with Wonder Woman.
Yeah, The amount of games super heroes could get would be sick, but they do play it safe for the most part, even if Spider-Man is my favorite.

The Flash is another DC character I'd want.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I had to keep repeating no to myself without raging. This went on for five minutes.

It helped.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Atleast we got Kirby with Sepiroth hair, so it balance it out... Ish.

Now it's time I actually sleep, see ya.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I should have played Minecraft and took a shower after Sephiroth was revealed.

I haven't played TLOU2. The reason why I don't really like it is the discourse is plaguing, and the whole situation with the multiple crunches makes me disgusted. Yeah, a lot of gaming companies do this, but still.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I am going to go.

Don't let the discourse get too toxic. Farewell!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I COULD have slept through that then.

I appreciate that TLOU took a risk with it's storytelling but it's not the greatest game of the year. And not to attack a community who I respect but how dodgy the work conditions, the thematic shoved right into the face and well, zombies are pretty generic enemy type caused by an event which is kinda ironic in regards to this year.

It was overhyped and shouldn't be remembered outside of it's storytelling risk, performances and music.

Still an amazing surprise in Smash at least.

animal crossing - basically brought people's parents back into gaming for the first time properly since the wii era
ffvii - been heavily demanded for a couple of decades, was praised to high heaven upon release
persona 5 royal - definitive port of a fan favourite
the last of us part 2 - ???
Ghost of Tsushima - A love letter to Samurai Cinema and the type of game people have dreamt of FOR YEARS.

Doom Eternal - Doom cranked up to 11. All they needed and did.

Hades - A brilliant game coming from one of the most respected indie developers of all time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Still think Doom Eternal should’ve won GotY. TLoU2 is good and it’s the literal video game equivalent to Oscar Bait but whatever I guess. It matters but all in all I think Doom Eternal will always have a longer lasting legacy. Why? Because it’s fun.

D

Deleted member

Welp, that was my first Game Awards.

It was............ alright. Nothing really caught my interest, but it was fine.

Sucks that Animal Crossing didn’t win GOTY though.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Let this be a reminder that we ALL know whos the REAL winner unlike the garbage judges and media think...

View attachment 295017
At least I have to remember this and FFVII Remake getting best score.

Also the GOTY medley wasn't as great despite being a fan of Lorne Balfe, probably cause it wasn't in the studio.

I'm just disappointed with so many wanted games in limbo (Bayonetta 3, BOTW 2 etc) that I expected a far bigger show honestly. I know very well to temper expectations.

Just this, Cyberpunk being a disappointment and the travesty of Brexit crashing and burning (being from said part with the border that needs to be kept open otherwise it could cause a return to the past of my home) has put me on guard.

Oh well, I've got TWEWY sequel and Laid Back Camp virtual reality announced the past few weeks so law of equivalent exchange I suppose.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean it was obviously rigged as hell. The Last of Us was to controversial imo for people to vote for it above any of the other games. The vote would be too split. But whatever, smash was pretty wild.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So everyone's overall thoughts of this years the VGA?

Certainly better than last year. Besides no God of War: Ragnarok gameplay or trailer and TLoU 2 winning GotY (Should have been Doom Eternal or Ghost of Tsihima), it was a fun one. The Smash reveal also made up for it as well.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So everyone's overall thoughts of this years the VGA?

Certainly better than last year. Besides no God of War: Ragnarok gameplay or trailer and TLoU 2 winning GotY (Shoild have been Doom Eternal or Ghost of Tsihima), it was a fun one. The Smash reveal also made up for it as well.
Stopped watching after Sephiroth/10

I'm soo thankful they put it at the start.

D

Deleted member

GROOVY

Now I don't need Mortal Kombat 11.

Also, I got really hyped with this shot from the Sephiroth trailer:
20201211_030113.jpg

It may not be the DQ8 Hero, but finally we got a high quality CGi shot of Samus and a DQ Hero sharing screentime

The new Ghost & Goblins looks really dope too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought for a half second that Metroid Prime 4 was finally getting at least a trailer. But I completely lost interest right after.

Yeah, The amount of games super heroes could get would be sick, but they do play it safe for the most part, even if Spider-Man is my favorite.

The Flash is another DC character I'd want.
that GBA version of Justice League Heroes wasn't enough for Flash, and they could easily use video games to push lesser known stars (or on DC's case, build Harley Quinn up even more) to make them rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom