• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Stopped watching after Sephiroth/10

I'm soo thankful they put it at the start.
Okay, I had to fill out some stuff.

I will go for real.

I really wished I dipped out after the Sephiroth reveal. I may be uncultured, but that was the only hype thing for me. I should have just played my Minecraft Hardcore world.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So everyone's overall thoughts of this years the VGA?

Certainly better than last year. Besides no God of War: Ragnarok gameplay or trailer and TLoU 2 winning GotY (Shoild have been Doom Eternal or Ghost of Tsihima), it was a fun one. The Smash reveal also made up for it as well.
Sephiroth was pretty cool. I’m not a Final Fantasy guy but I can’t deny the legacy of such an iconic gaming villain.

I literally feel the rest of the game awards slipping from my memory as we speak.

All in all, Wooper Watch/10

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
GROOVY

Now I don't need Mortal Kombat 11.

Also, I got really hyped with this shot from the Sephiroth trailer:
It may not be the DQ8 Hero, but finally we got a high quality CGi shot of Samus and a DQ Hero sharing screentime

The new Ghost & Goblins looks really dope too.
Thank you my good friend JD for reminding me about Evil Dead.

This game is gonna make my few IRL friends very excited to hear.

Okay, I had to fill out some stuff.

I will go for real.

I really wished I dipped out after the Sephiroth reveal. I may be uncultured, but that was the only hype thing for me. I should have just played my Minecraft Hardcore world.
I should have just jumped it after had I been good at foresight and watched more Fate.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Welp guess I’ll have to see how close I got with these for his Spirit Board, yes I know the last one is outdated.
You can thank @SnakeFighter64 for this, she suggested spirits and costumes for a FFVII Remake spirit event and I had to follow up on the idea:
Barret Wallace
(FINAL FANTASY VII)
View attachment 269457

Spirit Type: Primary :starman::starman::starman: Grab
Spirit Effects: Shooting Items Power↑
Opponent::ultmegaman: (Brown) (replaced with Barret :ultgunner: if you have the costume DLC) :ultcloud: (Brown)
Rules: Item: Explosive Types, Assist Trophy Enemies (Rodin)
Conditions:
-The enemy's ranged attacks have increased power
-Hostile assist trophies will appear
Stage: Midgar
Music Track: Let the Battles Begin!
Aerith Gainsborough
(FINAL FANTASY VII)
View attachment 269460

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman::starman: Defense
Spirit Effects: Critical Health Healing
Opponent: :ultzelda: (Red), :ultcloud: (Red)
Rules: Item: Lip’s Stick
Conditions:
-The enemy's magic attacks have increased power
-The enemy heals when at critical damage
Stage: Fourside
Tifa Lockhart
(FINAL FANTASY VII)
View attachment 269459
Spirit Type: Primary :starman::starman::starman: Attack
Spirit Effects: Fist Attack↑
Opponent: :ultzss:(Shorts Orange) (replaced with Tifa :ultbrawler: if you have the costume DLC), :ultcloud: (Red)
Rules: Attack Power ↑
Conditions:
-The enemy's physical attacks have increased power
-The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Sephiroth
(FINAL FANTASY VII)
View attachment 269458

Spirit Type: Support :starman::starman::starman::starman: Neutral
Spirit Effects: Fast Final Smash Meter
Opponent: :ultike: (Black) (replaced by Sephiroth :ultswordfighter: you have the costume DLC), Giant :ultdarkpit: (White)
Rules: Assist Trophy Enemies (Moon)
Conditions:
-Stamina Battle
-Reinforcements will appear after the enemy is KOed
-Hostile assist trophies will appear after a little while
Stage: Midgar
Music Track: Fight On!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I'm all vented out. Still annoyed but made the most of it.

Still was pretty fun to do this with you guys again. Wademan94 Wademan94 @JDCabrera Lamperouge Lamperouge (tagging you three here being some of my closest mates) while not amazing, it's still a night to remember and in an uneventful year, you gotta take what you can sometimes.

Think I'll watch another one or two episodes of Fate/Apocrypha and then go to sleep.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So everyone's overall thoughts of this years the VGA?

Certainly better than last year. Besides no God of War: Ragnarok gameplay or trailer and TLoU 2 winning GotY (Should have been Doom Eternal or Ghost of Tsihima), it was a fun one. The Smash reveal also made up for it as well.
Shirtless Sephiroth/10

Among Us map and that one Bamco game looked neat.

I'd share my thoughts about the rest of the event if it wasn't so boring it put me to sleep. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Well I'm all vented out. Still annoyed but made the most of it.

Still was pretty fun to do this with you guys again. Wademan94 Wademan94 @JDCabrera Lamperouge Lamperouge (tagging you three here being some of my closest mates) while not amazing, it's still a night to remember and in an uneventful year, you gotta take what you can sometimes.

Think I'll watch another one or two episodes of Fate/Apocrypha and then go to sleep.
As for me, I really want to do something tomorrow to celebrate that the Evil Dead series managed to survive in the Land of videogames beyond Mortal Kombat rumours.

Maybe I'll try to find the original trilogy and marathon It.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sakurai: "You guys said you wanted more villains? Well MERRY ****ING XMAS!!!"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
realizing now that Sega is the only company repped in Smash to have all of their characters be from different series. Konami got a Snake and 2 Belmonts, Capcom got Mega Man and 2 Street Fighters, now Square has Hero and 2 FF7 characters

also Pit now gets to join the rare club of Smash characters who gets an eyeball close up to reveal something hype (joining Mario, Inkling, and Samus). He and Sonic were also some of the rare characters who were smart enough to stay the **** away from the fight...

...now I need to somehow get Pit’s everything from the trailer as a gif

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
realizing now that Sega is the only company repped in Smash to have all of their characters be from different series. Konami got a Snake and 2 Belmonts, Capcom got Mega Man and 2 Street Fighters, now Square has Hero and 2 FF7 characters

also Pit now gets to join the rare club of Smash characters who gets an eyeball close up to reveal something hype (joining Mario, Inkling, and Samus). He and Sonic were also some of the rare characters who were smart enough to stay the **** away from the fight...

...now I need to somehow get Pit’s everything from the trailer as a gif
There's also Microsoft: :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I remember that Sephiroth is the very first villian from a third party franchise to get in Smash as a fighter.
(The other DLC fighters were mascots or main protagonists.)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
He sensed another angel was upon them

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Added Sephiroth to my wallpaper. Though if anybody finds an updated, hires, non-panoramic version of the mural, let me know. It was unfortunate I couldn't find one after the Steve reveal.

I got 3 more slots left--who are they gonna be?

Mural renders by ElevenZM
That's actually a badass wallpaper.

Can I steal it?

D

Deleted member

Not entirely happy with how this turned out but I drew a new PFP. For now anyway.
sketch1607658215529.png
I am liking this color scheme I'm trying though.... although knowing me I'm gonna change it to like... bright pink the next time I draw lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's also Microsoft: :ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:
them also...tho my stupid ass forgot to mention the 3 characters part...big oof on my part. If Microsoft somehow gets one more character in, then they’ll join the club
He sensed another angel was upon them
one that can fly. Speaking of which...
4C42B94E-AD62-4FCE-A027-22152052239B.jpeg
still looking for a perfect Pit Pic or Pit Gif cause...I need

D

Deleted member

Yknow, I'm curious, since I have never touched nor heard of TLoU2 until a few weeks ago: what's so bad about the game exactly?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Legit I think the Miis will be Tifa (Brawler), Barret (Gunner), Sora (Swordfighter), and Geno (Gunner) with a side of Chocobo and Moogle Hats

The North Crater seems like a hazard nightmare if Hazards are on. But adding the Highwind animation is neat! Hopefully we get a decent amount of songs coming this time. Safe to say One Winged Angel, JENOVA is likely as well. Considering the stage JENOVA Complete and Birth of a God would be appropriate but I'm not sure how likely. Bombing Mission not being in already is a travesty, as well as the Mako Reactor! I also think Chasing the Black Caped Man and You Can Hear The Cry of the Planet would be cool as well.

But I'm not getting my hopes up for music tracks considering Cloud just had two come with him, BUuUT maybe Sakurai and Square were aware of the requests for more FFVII music, so maybe they'll be generous, Dragon Quest did get a decent amount of songs coming with Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom