• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't even like Sephiroth but his trailer was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, holy ****.
Yo osby, really curious to see if you checked any of the other reveals already and if so what you thought about a few of them.

There were some announcements which I quite liked a lot, such as the new Evil Dead game or the Perfect Dark project.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yo osby, really curious to see if you checked any of the other reveals already and if so what you thought about a few of them.

There were some announcements which I quite liked a lot, such as the new Evil Dead game or the Perfect Dark project.
I only checked the Smash reveal and which games got awards.

I'll try to catch up but I'm not in a hurry.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, we got about 4 cool announcements and a few okay ones. Which is 4 more than I was expecting at first.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Everyone is talking about how we will finally get more music, but you know what we didn’t have before and are getting now?

Spirits of FF characters. And considering unlike Cloud where it was X FF7, Sephiroth’s trailer is X FF.

Meaning other FF games might actually get spirits too.

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone is talking about how we will finally get more music, but you know what we didn’t have before and are getting now?

Spirits of FF characters. And considering unlike Cloud where it was X FF7, Sephiroth’s trailer is X FF.

Meaning other FF games might actually get spirits too.
It's actually X FF7 on certain websites.

If you watch Arlo's vid, it's X FF7

It's another one of those "Altair" or "Vault Boy" things again, it seems.

osby

Smash Obsessed

OK, I saw the trailer for Back 4 Blood and it looks promising despite no real gameplay.

I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead 2 and this is probably the closest thing I'm going to get as a sequel of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OK, I saw the trailer for Back 4 Blood and it looks promising despite no real gameplay.

I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead 2 and this is probably the closest thing I'm going to get as a sequel of it.
Really glad to see that there was stuff you liked!

When I see people happy about stuff, I feel well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just freakin' realized.

This is our first swordfighter that doesn't use a big ass sword (not talking about the length, I mean how thin Sephi sword is compared to everyone else).

That mean they can finally use different animations for once!

D

Deleted member

You know, I never played a Final Fantasy game as I was always more of a Dragon Quest guy.

I've been thinking about giving the series a try many times, but I can't get to decide for a starting Game each time I try. In the end I seem to always have trouble deciding specifically between Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy X (which iirc most of those are on Switch).

If anyone here has played most of those games and could give me some comments regarding this, feel free to do so.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know, I never played a Final Fantasy game as I was always more of a Dragon Quest guy.

I've been thinking about giving the series a try many times, but I can't get to decide for a starting Game each time I try. In the end I seem to always have trouble deciding specifically between Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy X (which iirc most of those are on Switch).

If anyone here has played most of those games and could give me some comments regarding this, feel free to do so.
I've only played FFVII and FFX, but I'll say I vastly prefer FFVII.

FFX is a great game, but it gets kinda dumb sometimes. And I don't mean the laughing scene. That actually works with context.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I literally do not know how to feel about Sephiroth. On one hand, he's an iconic villain from one of my favorite game stories/worlds of all time.On the other hand... i'm just really nervous about what this means for the remaining lineup of fighters. The lineup of Mii Costumes at his reveal has the potential to shape my opinions on not only Sephiroth but the entire fighters pass going forwards. Let's hope it's really soon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They already do, though.
Could have phrased that better (being on phone or a phone doesn't help ) but my point is that alot swordfighter shared the same way to swing their weapons because, ya know, there's only so many way to swing a sword if they all share the same size.

While One-Winged Dude won't be totally unique by any mean, the Devs will have more freedom due to how different sephi sword is compared to other fighters.

And that, I like it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I literally do not know how to feel about Sephiroth. On one hand, he's an iconic villain from one of my favorite game stories/worlds of all time.On the other hand... i'm just really nervous about what this means for the remaining lineup of fighters. The lineup of Mii Costumes at his reveal has the potential to shape my opinions on not only Sephiroth but the entire fighters pass going forwards. Let's hope it's really soon.
I'm going all in on Monster Hunter. The fact that we're still missing both costumes from Smash 4, and the fact that the next wave of Amiibo comes out the exact same day as MH Rise is kinda.... really sus.

After that though, who knows.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm going all in on Monster Hunter. The fact that we're still missing both costumes from Smash 4, and the fact that the next wave of Amiibo comes out the exact same day as MH Rise is kinda.... really sus.

After that though, who knows.
See.. Sephiroth was kind of the last space I had in my predictions for something neat and unexpected. At this point, these last three, it's all or nothing. So I really don't have room for MH. Man I really wish we were getting a third season. Come on Sakurai! Change your mind!

Shroob

Sup?
See.. Sephiroth was kind of the last space I had in my predictions for something neat and unexpected. At this point, these last three, it's all or nothing. So I really don't have room for MH. Man I really wish we were getting a third season. Come on Sakurai! Change your mind!
....I mean, I dunno what's in your predictions, but if there was ever a time to release a Capcom character, it's March, right in time for the big, Switch-exclusive game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
....I mean, I dunno what's in your predictions, but if there was ever a time to release a Capcom character, it's March, right in time for the big, Switch-exclusive game.
Craah, Geno, and a Namco character. It's got to be the three of them. I love Sephiroth, but especially if a certain Mii Costume is revealed with him.......I'm going to get very very bitter. Although I suppose that would open up a spot for Monster Hunter.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My favourite part had to be the one where Sephiroth takes Mario with his sword.

The optical illusion with that was really strong.
My favorite part was Galeem getting ****ing bodied, followed by the entire master hand army just disintegrating into nothingness, followed by One Winged Angel- OH GOD ITS SO ****ING GOOD!!

Shroob

Sup?
Craah, Geno, and a Namco character. It's got to be the three of them. I love Sephiroth, but especially if a certain Mii Costume is revealed with him.......I'm going to get very very bitter. Although I suppose that would open up a spot for Monster Hunter.
.....I really don't think we're getting 2 Square characters in 1 pass lol.

Like, it's definitely possible that Geno dodges a bullet, but I am not counting on it, and 100% expect him to be PreMiium.

My general thoughts are:

March: Monster Hunter

June: Crash

September: ??????? no idea

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's about the character the toy was based on.

Idk.

Nah, they're just milking Toy Story to death now. TS4 was souless
I didn’t find the movie to be soulless...tho a main villain would’ve been nice. Oh well...America‘s Toy hype here we come
My favourite part had to be the one where Sephiroth takes Mario with his sword.

The optical illusion with that was really strong.
Mario got yeeted by the sword afterward...was beautiful
My favorite part was Galeem getting ****ing bodied, followed by the entire master hand army just disintegrating into nothingness, followed by One Winged Angel- OH GOD ITS SO ****ING GOOD!!
I liked how some of the characters didn’t even bother to fight after Galeem died

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sephiroth... I got chills.

Ironically, the exact opposite reaction to the end of the show, in which the constant **** sucking of Naughty Dog's Crunchwrap Supreme made my blood boil when it robbed five games that deserved it far more of yet another award. Ghost, especially, pissed me off that it didn't win. That game was true art, and it deserved to win more than one award. And yet it went up against The Crunched of Us time and again and lost every single time.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We're only half way through. There's a lot of options, maybe even more now with Sephiroth being in. Without getting too deep on third party series getting multiple characters, Capcom, Namco, Sega all have a lot of potential characters.

But now's not really the time to focus on that. I'm wonder how his moveset will turn out. He has a lot of flashy moves, but I don't know what moves are where. I'm guessing the One Wing is some kind of EX mode? A counter, two projectiles and a move similar to Berserker Barrage.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
.....I really don't think we're getting 2 Square characters in 1 pass lol.

Like, it's definitely possible that Geno dodges a bullet, but I am not counting on it, and 100% expect him to be PreMiium.

My general thoughts are:

March: Monster Hunter

June: Crash

September: ??????? no idea
That’s the thing. It doesn’t seem like something they would do. But at the same time... there are no rules, right? And they still need a big ballot winner like Banjo for this season... right? And like... I don’t know. We just... we NEED to have Geno. He’s the last one (that’s not in assist trophy jail) Of the big fan requests. They HAVE to do him. They just have too.

Shroob

Sup?
That’s the thing. It doesn’t seem like something they would do. But at the same time... there are no rules, right? And they still need a big ballot winner like Banjo for this season... right? And like... I don’t know. We just... we NEED to have Geno. He’s the last one (that’s not in assist trophy jail) Of the big fan requests. They HAVE to do him. They just have too.
Why do you assume that Steve wasn't the ballot winner, or Sephiroth? Hell, remember, the Belmonts and Ridley were cited for being put in "Due to the ballot" despite them having negligible online fan poll presence.

I feel like you're too wrapped up in the "HE'S THE LAST BIG ONE!" which is always false. It's like saying "Hayabusa is the last NES icon!", which is blatantly false.

If he's a PreMiium Mii, he's a PreMiium Mii. There'll be lots of salt no doubt, but there's already a ton.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also. Can I just say how much of a ***** I feel like that the character is one of my all time favorites but I just.. can’t get excited for him because of what this might mean?

Also, Game Awards blew it early with this one. There was not a single interesting thing for the rest of the show for me. My friend was a bit more interested in some off the online stuff but me... come on. Where are the fighting games? The platformers? The hack and slashed? Why is it all JRPGs and action RPGs and souls likes and shooters? And whatever the **** Among Us and Fall Guys are.

Shroob

Sup?
Also. Can I just say how much of a ***** I feel like that the character is one of my all time favorites but I just.. can’t get excited for him because of what this might mean?

Also, Game Awards blew it early with this one. There was not a single interesting thing for the rest of the show for me. My friend was a bit more interested in some off the online stuff but me... come on. Where are the fighting games? The platformers? The hack and slashed? Why is it all JRPGs and action RPGs and souls likes and shooters? And whatever the **** Among Us and Fall Guys are.
I mean, you could not worry about things you have 0 control over like who gets into a children's party game.

We all love Smash, but at the end of the day, it's all just for fun. Taking it this seriously isn't healthy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do you assume that Steve wasn't the ballot winner, or Sephiroth? Hell, remember, the Belmonts and Ridley were cited for being put in "Due to the ballot" despite them having negligible online fan poll presence.

I feel like you're too wrapped up in the "HE'S THE LAST BIG ONE!" which is always false. It's like saying "Hayabusa is the last NES icon!", which is blatantly false.

If he's a PreMiium Mii, he's a PreMiium Mii. There'll be lots of salt no doubt, but there's already a ton.
I... I.... I.... I......

I....

I can’t even speak. Just... the thought of that sends all the wrong kinds of chills down my spine. It feels like a part of my soul is being ripped out. He can’t just be a Mii costume. He just can’t be.

Shroob

Sup?
I... I.... I.... I......

I....

I can’t even speak. Just... the thought of that sends all the wrong kinds of chills down my spine. It feels like a part of my soul is being ripped out. He can’t just be a Mii costume. He just can’t be.
If you're having actual, real life reactions like this, you really need to chill out and remember, it's a video game. :096:

If Geno's a Mii costume, his fan base will get upset, most people won't care, life will go on as usual. There's worse things to worry about in the world and to have anxiety over than if Geno gets shafted or not.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Didn't they announce the new Ghosts 'n Goblins and that game about the girl and her shadow?

Also, did they even show that many JRPGs or are you just projecting?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you could not worry about things you have 0 control over like who gets into a children's party game.

We all love Smash, but at the end of the day, it's all just for fun. Taking it this seriously isn't healthy.
I just... I have a pathological need to be excited for things. And that need combined with my.. tastes... causes **** like this. Like... Smash has been the only bright spot in my life for about... gosh. I wanna say four years at this point. With Crash 4 being the only notable exception. I wouldn’t get this attached to it if other people were out there pulling the slack but they’re not. So I just... can’t help it. I want to be excited for Sephiroth. But I can’t be. And that really makes me mad at... well... myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom