• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I might see Sonic the Hedgehog 2 at some point (never saw the original movie, but I figure I'll have no problem with following what's going on - not like this is Avengers Endgame, unless Segata Sanshiro shows up in the post-credits scene to discuss the S.E.G.A. Initiative), but the movie that I'm really looking forward to this month is The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, where Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage takes on his most challenging role yet: Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage.

(bare minimum, I figure it will be like the Hitman's Bodyguard, where the ad campaign is top-notch, the movie itself doesn't quite live up to the ad campaign, and it's an amusing/entertaining way to spend roughly two hours. I'm not sure if Nic Cage will manage to top his own performance in Face/Off, but I can always hope)

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Northman probably ain't gonna do that well in the box office I predict.

Have to compete with Sonic 2, Fantastic Beasts 3, releases the same day as The Bad Guys (Animated film which kids will eat up), then has to compete with Doctor Strange 2 in two weeks.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys, is this good news for Smash? I mean, idk WB characters may be hard to get...
imagine if this ends up getting Scribblenauts representation in Smash…or Multiversus
Something I read is that in the future HBO Max and Discovery+ will combine services.

Hope y’all are ready to watch The Batman following uh… Mythbusters?
as long as Harley Quinn and Kite Man keep their shows, I’m good

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kenny James (the voice of Bowser) will be at the convention I'm going to tomorrow (this is the second year a row been in this same city).

If he has a panel like year, I'm thinking about asking him what he thinks about Jack Black voicing his character in the movie (Kenny last year said he hasn't been contacted for it).

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Felt it was time for a new avatar change.

And who better then Gamera, Guardian of the Universe, Friend of All Children and The Last Hope. :D

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Gonna repost my dream voice cast for movie versions of the other major Sonic characters for funsies since it’s not gonna leave my mind for a bit and I’m excited to see what they’ll have for the next film.

Amy: Stephanie Beatriz or Kimiko Glenn
Cream: Not sure
Shadow: Stephen Amell (not a word Michael)
Rouge: Gina Rodriguez
Omega: Marvin Jones III
Vector: Omar Benson Miller
Espio: Simu Liu
Charmy: Emma Berman
Blaze: Cobie Smulders
Silver: Steven Yeun

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome to today's weekly Smash Bros MTG Crossover! Today's character is Toon Link, who I found to be an interesting challenge.
Here he is:

I made him care about Islands, which fits mechanically as a blue card, as well as in the Wind Waker. Through his connection to the sea, Toon Link can hinders enemies and make new friends. Toon in next time, when I'll be making Wolf. I can imagine the possibilities already!

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I have gotten Sonic Generations very playable on Deck compared to out of the box. At 960x540 and lowest graphic settings, the game still looks very good and never dips below 44 frames and has little to no micro-stuttering. It’s very smooth.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I finished watching Won't You Be My Neighbor? (the documentary)

As someone who watched the show when I was younger, it was definitely a heartwarming documentary.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I finished watching Won't You Be My Neighbor? (the documentary)

As someone who watched the show when I was younger, it was definitely a heartwarming documentary.
I have never heard of this before…but the name sounds oddly wholesome

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
i recently got diagnosed with adhd and it's making me question a lot about my life
how much of me is "me" and how much of me is a bundle of tropes that are a package deal with the adhd (this is a joke statement. mostly.(is it obvious that i'm joking? i mean i think it is but i'm not sure but declaring it kills the comedy (unless that's part of it (dear god i'm proving this post's point and i'm only slightly playing it up for the bit)))).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I started watching Tiger & Bunny Season 2.

As per tradition with Netflix, nothing really happened in the first episode but they brought Golden Ryan back! So I have already high hopes for this season, new heroes seem interesting, too.
Well ****. Didn't know Tiger and Bunny came back. Guess Netflix isn't worthless until Tekken drops after all.

Sonic's the topic, interaction bait image go!
View attachment 349783
Soundtrack tier list
Most I'll say is that I liked the Prison Island theme from Shadow. Good use of Piano and Bass. Other than that, you might just be spittin' facts.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
People blasting music on a train, forgot my chargeable battery, rain.

I'm gonna rend some hides if they don't stop blasting music.

10am. Still, six hours til Spy X Family

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Now one year later we are hours away from a show I've been so looking forward as with a few here.

View attachment 349759

I'm so excited. Like six hours away from the first episode (which I'm gonna have to watch on a train but thank god Crunchy has downloads now).
Didn't know that there was an anime adaption for Spy X Family. Might probably tune in to that whilst I still await for the next season of Dr. Stone to arrive.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i recently got diagnosed with adhd and it's making me question a lot about my life
how much of me is "me" and how much of me is a bundle of tropes that are a package deal with the adhd (this is a joke statement. mostly.(is it obvious that i'm joking? i mean i think it is but i'm not sure but declaring it kills the comedy (unless that's part of it (dear god i'm proving this post's point and i'm only slightly playing it up for the bit)))).
As someone with Adhd since inwas a kid....i dont think this is a stricktly adhd thing

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
About the Sonic 2 movie, remember Ken Penders?

Apparently, he is planning to sue Paramount for them giving Knuckles a father in the movie.

He thinks he owns everything echidna related, does he?
It's real cute that he thinks just because he got off on a technicality with a comic book publisher that he's gonna win against Viacom, lol.

For once, I think I will root for the big business.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
About the Sonic 2 movie, remember Ken Penders?

Apparently, he is planning to sue Paramount for them giving Knuckles a father in the movie.

He thinks he owns everything echidna related, does he?
I hate rooting for Viacom, because Viacom can be pretty ****ty by themselves (They were the guys who introduced the DMCA system on Youtube). But, I'm rooting for Viacom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom