• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wonder how this method would work with other Hedgehog Engine games...

Forces I do not care enough ATM about to try. I will just stream that. Maybe I'll change my mind when Overclocked comes out of demo stages or Sonic Forces Reimagined finishes.

Lost World is a big ? because the improvement mod is a full on .exe modification. Thankfully, though, vanilla LW is fine on its own and TBH the improvement mod actually comes with small drawbacks, so it's much more 50/50 if you really need it for the best LW experience. Other mods are pretty much just model mods: The only other big mods it has are the Yoshi and Zelda DLC restorations, which while cool, aren't essential to the experience IMO.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just pointing out now that's been exactly one year since one of the best openings to a second season ever of one of the most bat**** crazy anime premises ever.

Zombieland Saga is a godly show. When people are beating the crap out of each other while zombie idols sing on stage it is glorious,

Now one year later we are hours away from a show I've been so looking forward as with a few here.

1649448528945.png

I'm so excited. Like six hours away from the first episode (which I'm gonna have to watch on a train but thank god Crunchy has downloads now).

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Word is on the street Jim Carrey is planning on retiring.

Though h does state if he considers a script to be "golden" he's still up for doing such a movie. Hopefully this is the case with any of the further Sonic movies down the role because I don't think anyone could've nailed the role of Robotik other then him.

Also a shame we never gotten a Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey buddy movie. That would had been golden having in terms of humor Adam Sandler being the sarcasm and Jim Carrey more of the physical.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now this is some good news for fishy fans
I mean they definitely shot themselves in the foot now so I guess the slap was a net positive
there really is a problem with your award show when a slap is the best thing to come out of it

oh well…bright side is that there’s a real life one day only Groovy Smoothie truck for the KCAs (aka a real adult’s award show)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
there really is a problem with your award show when a slap is the best thing to come out of it
I mostly have an issue with the hyprocrisy within the Academy. You can excise the bigotry and sex offenders and pedophilia but a slap is where they draw the line.

Maybe I can't complain because I never paid attention to it but the Academy showing their true colors. They were who we thought they are.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mostly have an issue with the hyprocrisy within the Academy. You can excise the bigotry and sex offenders and pedophilia but a slap is where they draw the line.

Maybe I can't complain because I never paid attention to it but the Academy showing their true colors. They were who we thought they are.
I think it's cuz the slap was on screen. All that other stuff wasn't happening where the populace could see it, so they just tried to sweep it under the rug.

Everyone saw the slap, they can't ignore it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it's cuz the slap was on screen. All that other stuff wasn't happening where the populace could see it, so they just tried to sweep it under the rug.

Everyone saw the slap, they can't ignore it.
I would agree, but Halle Berry straight up got sexually assaulted on stage by Adrien Brody and they (the Academy) labeled it as an Oscar Best Moment.

Perhaps it's good the Oscars are dying

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Saw Sonic. Twas pretty good, I'll talk about it in more detail tomorrow (spoilers will be marked)
Actually **** it, I'll do a short and disorganized review now
If you were expecting this movie to be the Empire Strikes Back of video game films you will be severely disappointed. Luckily I knew coming in that this movie is going to be just a fun time with characters I grew up loving.

So most of the main characters are really fun, specifically the ones who you came to see the movie for. I absolutely love Sonic and Tails's friendship, it's so adorable and the group dynamic gets even better when Knuckles joins them. Tails has been my favorite Sonic character for as long as I remember so I'm really glad they did him justice, even if he didn't matter too much to the overall story. Jim Carrey as Robotnik is as great as ever, everything that comes out of his mouth is a gem and his facial expressions are top tier. Agent Stone was a highlight of the last film for me and while he wasn't in this one as much, he was still fun and it seems like he'll play a bigger role in the next film.

Unfortunately they felt the need to keep the forgettable human characters relevant in this movie so they gave them their own subplot that was super ****ing boring. Generic white boy's sister in law was pretty funny but that's purely due to the actress, if I knew her scenes would be this long I would've gone to the bathroom at that point (and I really did need it) as they contribute nothing to the film. Generic white boy and his wife have a somewhat sweet relationship with Sonic but frankly I feel like the movie would be better off without them.

On the topic of presentation, the VFX felt unfinished at times. There's an instance where you can easily tell was Robotnik greenscreened into a shot with Knuckles, which makes it pretty evident that this movie was rushed. I don't really blame them since the movie was made during covid and it doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the film, but I did want to mention it. Also some of the scenes were begging for traditional Sonic music but that never came unforunately

Super Sonic was really cool to see, as was Shadow who was in the post credits scene. I got spoiled on that but honestly it was expected. I do wish they made a loose Sonic Adventure 1 adaptation before they tackled Shadow, but as long as they handle him well I really don't mind in the long run. Also, I fully expect Amy to show up in the next film as well

7/10, fun movie, hope they let go of the humans in the next film, they actively make these movies worse

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I also sold my Pokémon Shield copy to my friend. I am officially the proud owner of only one version of the worst Pokémon game

Good Night My Gamers

Dutch Raikuna

Pokemon is played by the same people who uses this.

1649451078544.png

And hipsters.

Argument time.

Only messing.....................sorta.

Dutch Raikuna

The fact they're making it available to the outside world via this method is shocking.

Like...Nintendo giving a darn about people outside Japan having access to something?
I mean Nintendo sells manga of stuff like Splatoon, Kirby and Animal Crossing.

I've seen them around a lot.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean Nintendo sells manga of stuff like Splatoon, Kirby and Animal Crossing.

I've seen them around a lot.
They even (by that, I mean VIZ) released a portioned of Super Mario-kun, whose identity was pretty much tied to being "Japan-only". I have it :yoshi:

Dutch Raikuna

Guys:

Wikipedia article of the day.

1649453489230.png

The mob is coming. Sonic the Princess Snogger 2006. Sorta joking.

They even (by that, I mean VIZ) released a portioned of Super Mario-kun, whose identity was pretty much tied to being "Japan-only". I have it :yoshi:
Pretty much. Where I am, they get it a lot surprisingly. Splatoon manga sells a lot as well.

They aren't bad honestly. Zelda ones are pretty good and its nice to see Link talking somewhere.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Turns out this is an actual book.

That's not sold in America
Damn, wish they would do that with the light novels where Meta Knight goes ape**** because Galacta Knight left in the middle of their fight.
I would agree, but Halle Berry straight up got sexually assaulted on stage by Adrien Brody and they (the Academy) labeled it as an Oscar Best Moment.

Didn't Jim Carrey also force himself on to Alicia Silverstone when she was barely an adult while Jim was 35? Garbage ass awards show.
I suppose it has been a while since a Pokemon argument.

#BringBackNationalDex #GameFrEAkLIED
Speaking of Pokemon, a discord server I'm in is doing a 'draw a random pokemon' activity and it's pretty fun, but when I did Tapu Bulu I decided to draw something I always wanted to see happen.

Forgive the crudeness, I haven't drawn anything in like 15 years and I cared more about finishing my idea's visualization
IMG_20220408_221402_159.jpg

Idk I'm pretty proud of this Alolan Megazord

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

…yeah the Oscars need to die real soon

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Didn't Jim Carrey also force himself on to Alicia Silverstone when she was barely an adult while Jim was 35? Garbage ass awards show.
Not sure, but wouldn't suprise me. If we wanna keep it in the ball park of assault then John Wayne had to be forcible restrained by security because he was gonna assault a Native American lady while she was speaking out against injustice against Native communities.

Not like they can ban him now considering he's dead.
…yeah the Oscars need to die real soon
It's already on it's way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom