• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
A bit of a shame - I was hoping I'd wind up with this as a profile pic:

I feel like I need to watch more Nicolas Cage movies to get an idea of what his most over-the-top performance is. (so far, it has to be Face/Off, but this movie where he thinks he's a vampire might have it beat from the clips that I've seen)
NOT THE BEES, NO AHG!

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ha ha I called it. I knew Morbius would be a steaming pile of a disaster.

The movie officially bombed. Barely even made past its budget opening weekend.

Meanwhile...The Batman has crossed $700 million baby! :D

osby

Smash Obsessed
Behold, Smash fans' biggest nightmare: Incineroar with a sword

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Avatar race:

1649088683354.png

“I’m Avatar Narasimha. No evil is impervious to my blade of fury!”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Hindu mythology. Narasimha is one of the ten primary avatars of Vishnu and the God of Destruction who will destroy the universe at the end of time. When the demon Hiranyakashipu started wreaking havoc thanks to his power to be immune to any death coming from a god, asura, or animal, as well as any weapon; Vishnu turned into a half-man, half-lion form and killed the demon with his bare hands.

Skills: Mist Rush, Impaler’s Animus, Fierce Roar, Brave Blade

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

I love Narasimha’s myth because it represents one of the most entertaining concepts in all fiction: loopholes. As his enemy cannot be killed at night or day and indoors or outdoors, he just kills him on a threshold at dawn. Interestingly, he’s consistently depicted with a sword in SMT, even though his whole thing is kinda not using weapons and even when he does, it’s usually a mace or a chakram. Vishnu’s avatars have a spotty history in the series so it’s hard to predict when they will be used but Narasimha is almost always a powerhouse.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Behold, Smash fans' biggest nightmare: Incineroar with a sword

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Avatar race:

View attachment 349339

“I’m Avatar Narasimha. No evil is impervious to my blade of fury!”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Hindu mythology. Narasimha is one of the ten primary avatars of Vishnu and the God of Destruction who will destroy the universe at the end of time. When the demon Hiranyakashipu started wreaking havoc thanks to his power to be immune to any death coming from a god, asura, or animal, as well as any weapon; Vishnu turned into a half-man, half-lion form and killed the demon with his bare hands.

Skills: Mist Rush, Impaler’s Animus, Fierce Roar, Brave Blade

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Femme race.

I love Narasimha’s myth because it represents one of the most entertaining concepts in all fiction: loopholes. As his enemy cannot be killed at night or day and indoors or outdoors, he just kills him on a threshold at dawn. Interestingly, he’s consistently depicted with a sword in SMT, even though his whole thing is kinda not using weapons and even when he does, it’s usually a mace or a chakram. Vishnu’s avatars have a spotty history in the series so it’s hard to predict when they will be used but Narasimha is almost always a powerhouse.
He comes into the wrestling ring. Stands there silently for a while then pulls out a sword and everyone forfits

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Morbius currently opens to $80 million in worldwide numbers, but I do feel that with a combination of poor word of mouth and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Secrets of Dumbledore releasing this month, it will struggle for legs within its box office run.

Anyways speaking of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I had the opportunity to watch the film today which was released in the United Kingdom on the same day that Morbius came out and here is my review:

After their predeccessor was a surprise hit, does its sequel levels up from where it left off? Well, I will say at times it did and there are at times where it couldn't quite match the first.

Whilst it still had its fun and charm that the first film had in the sequel, however there are at times that I do feel that there were some scenes that felt quite draggy and I felt that overtime, the film seem to lose some of its focus on what it is attempting to convey. In addition, Ben Shwartz, Colleen O'Shaugnessy and Idris Elba all delivered within their performances as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles whislt Jim Carrey was exceptional as Eggman as usual.

Overall despite some of the issues I have with the film, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is still a fun and entertaining film that I am sure all Sonic fans and kids will enjoy.

My overall rating: 7/10.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this ***** is actually stupid

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I'm back at it again, This time I drew Eddy Gordo in my style. Took longer than it should since I like the character alot, but before hand, I had only drawn him in sketches.

And yeah, I like this style of background I'm doing now. So you'll see a bit more of it.

Got further along in Okami, right after the part where Kaguya goes off into space.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can we please just black list her from Hollywood at this point.

Like holy ****, the fact that she thought this was remotely acceptable is disgusting

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bill & Ted: **** the Music
Bright*****
Coming 2 America aka **** You Too
Man of Murder
Matrix: Regurgitations/Matrix: Masturbations
MorBS
Mortal Komplaint: The Rise of Cole
Space Jam: A Woke Legacy
Turdinator: Dark Feces
Venom: Let There Be Garbage

Choose your fighter!

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Brightbitch
Man of Murder
Matrix: Regurgitations/Matrix: Masturbations
MorBS
Mortal Komplaint: The Rise of Cole
Space Jam: A Woke Legacy
Turdinator: Dark Feces
Venom: Let There Be Garbage

Choose your fighter!
WTF about Space Jam 2 was "woke"

Did I miss the scene where they spend forty minutes lecturing Tasmanian Devil about pronouns?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Amy, AMY, AMY!

What Chris Rock said about Will Smith's wife was very bad, but your joke is even WORSE!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 349347
I have called cinema, and he disagrees with this
Well if you enjoy a movie where we have Venom rapping and mic dropping, Venom and Eddie still acting like an old married bickering couple, Eddie being still the loser he is, calling chickens your best friends.

There's humor yes, but then there is cringe which the above all fits.

And the butchering of the Carnage character in a PG-13 movie despite a title being Let There Be Carnage which you'd honestly expect well...carnage?

Suit yourself.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well if you enjoy a movie where we have Venom rapping and mic dropping, Venom and Eddie still acting like an old married bickering couple, Eddie being still the loser he is, calling chickens your best friends.

There's humor yes, but then there is cringe which the above all fits.

And the butchering of the Carnage character in a PG-13 movie despite a title being Let There Be Carnage which you'd honestly expect well...carnage?

Suit yourself.
sounds a lot like you didn’t love perfection

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well if you enjoy a movie where we have Venom rapping and mic dropping, Venom and Eddie still acting like an old married bickering couple, Eddie being still the loser he is, calling chickens your best friends
Venom and Eddie act like old married couple because they are gay for each other, hope that helps.

#VenomLetThereBeWokeness

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My only experience with the cinematic Venom was in No way home.

That bit was absolutely hilarious.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Persona fans like osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge and everyone else including my dear self:

1649100154641.png

5th Anniversary of P5's worldwide release even though it feels far far longer for some reason. Suppose that's what happens when you release Royal, Strikers, a Dancing game spin-off, PQ2 and a lot more content related to it.

------------------------------

View attachment 349350
That's it? That was Venom let there be Carnage?

That was just 2 hours of gay s-
Every non Spidey film gone be similar to 10 year olds.

"What! That's it? Some ****ing weird vampire and edgy slime monster? Where's Spider Man!?"

osby

Smash Obsessed
So Persona fans like osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge and everyone else including my dear self:

View attachment 349349

5th Anniversary of P5's worldwide release even though it feels far far longer for some reason. Suppose that's what happens when you release Royal, Strikers, a Dancing game spin-off, PQ2 and a lot more content related to it.
It took Royal for this game to truly find its footing imo but it's still a fun experience.

As much as I complain about P5 fans, I'm happy it got more people than ever before to get into the series.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom