• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got a max soup for two of my team members, those being Grimmsnarl and Toxtricity. I'll try to do it with Hatterene and Cinderace tomorrow as well
To me creators are not people, their art determines what I think of them and if they happen to be a ****ty person then that sucks but it won't dissuade me from buying their products because contrary to what twitter will tell you, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and you're not making a dent in the billionaire's wallet by not buying their product

So what I'm saying is that I hate both JK Rowling and the Harry Potter franchise

Good Night My Gamers

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Does ProtonDB need you to list all games individually or will it link up with your steam? Either way, hit me up
I believe from what I just read on their site FAQ, it works like most third-party apps that hook into Valve's API by simply signing in with your Steam account here.

You could also look up game's individually, too; That's what I've been doing! ...Mainly 'cause I only just now learned about the sign-in feature. :116:

But yeah, if you wanna learn how get stuff working on Linux (and by proxy, Steam Deck), this is your site! It's honestly the best resource ATM: As I said in my last post, Valve's process seems to be a bit jank ATM. They've opened public feedback for it, though, so I imagine it'll start improving eventually.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still enjoy the first Despicable Me movie, though that was before they found out they didn’t have to try to make money. I’ll never have respect for Illumination as a company and how much they cut corners with their films.

I’m not saying that every animated film has to challenge perceptions or be the next Fantasia but I just can’t help but feel contempt seeing how much they make off movies that feel like they were just made to be products.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I believe from what I just read on their site FAQ, it works like most third-party apps that hook into Valve's API by simply signing in with your Steam account here.

You could also look up game's individually, too; That's what I've been doing! ...Mainly 'cause I only just now learned about the sign-in feature. :116:

But yeah, if you wanna learn how get stuff working on Linux (and by proxy, Steam Deck), this is your site! It's honestly the best resource ATM: As I said in my last post, Valve's process seems to be a bit jank ATM. They've opened public feedback for it, though, so I imagine it'll start improving eventually.
Unfortunately it seems that signing in just uses Valve unless I'm mistaken but thanks

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I got a max soup for two of my team members, those being Grimmsnarl and Toxtricity. I'll try to do it with Hatterene and Cinderace tomorrow as well

To me creators are not people, their art determines what I think of them and if they happen to be a ****ty person then that sucks but it won't dissuade me from buying their products because contrary to what twitter will tell you, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and you're not making a dent in the billionaire's wallet by not buying their product

So what I'm saying is that I hate both JK Rowling and the Harry Potter franchise

Good Night My Gamers
I mean, there is another way to enjoy a product without giving the creators money if you really don't like them.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 349350
That's it? That was Venom let there be Carnage?

That was just 2 hours of gay s-
inserts Eminem
The funniest thing with Space Jam 2 was how many closeted furries accidentaly outed themselves over Lola's redesign
the Zendaya Bunny era
Why does she exsist.
cause neither God nor Satan wanted her
Yeah normally. But SNES and Gamecube were competitive visually. N64 too arguably, depending on how much you hate PS1 Texture warping. Keep in mind, back in the day DKC was a huge deal that pushed the SNES sales due its visuals being really impressive at the time. And the Gamecube was on par with the PS2 and X-Box more or less. I know each of the 3 did this or that better, but it was comparable.

Other than that, they were lagging behind, DS had two screens and could do N64/PS1 graphics, while the PSP nearly matched the PS2 in graphics.
and to think the DS and 3DS would outdo the PSP and Vita while having to do the least amount of work in comparison
They conveniently went into hiding before WW2, and only left afterwards.

What a coinkydink :nifty:
guess even they have their limits
I gotta be honest:

Rise of Gru actually looks good.
can’t get enough of Gru

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Don’t let weebs fool you, dubs can absolutely be based.
Honestly, most dubs are pretty good nowadays. It just feels like a lot of folks think we're still in the 4Kids quality era of dubs, or it's just a good old fashioned case of-
1649112164136.png

Like, a common complaint I often see is "This character sounds different compared to the original Japanese voice" and like... getting a voice match isn't really the point for dubs. VAs are given the Japanese voice as a reference, of course, but if they can bring their own spin to the table, it's usually accepted and encouraged. A pretty good example is Kage from Ranking of Kings. His Japanese voice and his English voice are VERY different, but both actors are able to encompass who the character is, and deliver all of the emotional beats required very well. Plus, each actor is gonna have a different interpretation of a character. That's natural. Especially sucks seeing dub VAs get hate when anime pays like crap, so most folks who dub anime aren't in it for the money, they're in it cause they like anime, and are passionate about it. Honestly, the hate some dubs VA receive is like, ludicrious. Zach Aguilar (Tanjiro in Demon Slayer, Byleth in Fire Emblem, etc.) has stated he's gotten loads of hate for voicing Aether in the English dub of Genshin Impact (Not an anime dub, but it's a dub) and Zeno Robinson (Hawks in MHA, Goh in Pokemon, etc.) received loads of hate messages for a tweet he made encouraging people to support the English dub of Jujutsu Kaisen 0. And he's not even in that movie, haha-

Anyway, that's my ramble!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Looking forward to Sonic 2 this weekend! Should be fun to watch after watching the first movie recently

Donut Lord is the greatest Lord in the history of the Fire Emblem series

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, most dubs are pretty good nowadays. It just feels like a lot of folks think we're still in the 4Kids quality era of dubs, or it's just a good old fashioned case of-
View attachment 349374
Like, a common complaint I often see is "This character sounds different compared to the original Japanese voice" and like... getting a voice match isn't really the point for dubs. VAs are given the Japanese voice as a reference, of course, but if they can bring their own spin to the table, it's usually accepted and encouraged. A pretty good example is Kage from Ranking of Kings. His Japanese voice and his English voice are VERY different, but both actors are able to encompass who the character is, and deliver all of the emotional beats required very well. Plus, each actor is gonna have a different interpretation of a character. That's natural. Especially sucks seeing dub VAs get hate when anime pays like crap, so most folks who dub anime aren't in it for the money, they're in it cause they like anime, and are passionate about it. Honestly, the hate some dubs VA receive is like, ludicrious. Zach Aguilar (Tanjiro in Demon Slayer, Byleth in Fire Emblem, etc.) has stated he's gotten loads of hate for voicing Aether in the English dub of Genshin Impact (Not an anime dub, but it's a dub) and Zeno Robinson (Hawks in MHA, Goh in Pokemon, etc.) received loads of hate messages for a tweet he made encouraging people to support the English dub of Jujutsu Kaisen 0. And he's not even in that movie, haha-

Anyway, that's my ramble!
It doesn't help that weebs are just ****ing weird and not at all nice people. Remember when they annouced Nagatoro's English VA? Didn't even last a second before the all out racism, and then people circle around and fetishized the **** out of her JPN VA. I remember the same happened with Anais with Mirko as well. And of course you got people getting mad because dubs are "political" or some ****, like bro they just want to do their job leave translators and dubbers alone.

MooMew64

It doesn't help that weebs are just *ing weird and not at all nice people. Remember when they annouced Nagatoro's English VA? Didn't even last a second before the all out racism, and then people circle around and fetishized the * out of her JPN VA. I remember the same happened with Anais with Mirko as well. And of course you got people getting mad because dubs are "political" or some ****, like bro they just want to do their job leave translators and dubbers alone.
This is why I tend to just stick to my brothers and people here for anime and Vtuber friends, TBH.

A lot of other people online in these areas are kiiiiiiinnnnndaaaa wackos.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It doesn't help that weebs are just *ing weird and not at all nice people. Remember when they annouced Nagatoro's English VA? Didn't even last a second before the all out racism, and then people circle around and fetishized the * out of her JPN VA. I remember the same happened with Anais with Mirko as well. And of course you got people getting mad because dubs are "political" or some ****, like bro they just want to do their job leave translators and dubbers alone.
Oh geez, I remember the Nagatoro situation.

There’s certainly a lot of negative vibes surrounding the anime community, which sucks. The best way to watch anime is however the crap you want, and without being a ****. Simple as that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is why I tend to just stick to my brothers and people here for anime and Vtuber friends, TBH.

A lot of other people online in these areas are kiiiiiiinnnnndaaaa wackos.
I just don't understand why weebs are like that tbh. The gatekeepyness and bigotry is why I stay away from them.

Like, we all like anime right? Then why do we spread hate and make sure other people can't enjoy our hobbies? Something I just can't understand.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh geez, I remember the Nagatoro situation.

There’s certainly a lot of negative vibes surrounding the anime community, which sucks. The best way to watch anime is however the crap you want, and without being a ****. Simple as that.
Tbh, it's usually RomCom animes (like Nagatoro) that bring out the worst, because, well... those shows target audience are for those with no girl or date in general and that overlaps with the incel community a lot and yeah it's a disaster.

And also Musical Comedy animes idk what the **** goes on in K-On but I know it doesn't deserve that fanbase.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh, it's usually RomCom animes (like Nagatoro) that bring out the worst, because, well... those shows target audience are for those with no girl or date in general and that overlaps with the incel community a lot and yeah it's a disaster.

And also Musical Comedy animes idk what the **** goes on in K-On but I know it doesn't deserve that fanbase.
I've never watched a RomCom anime or a musical comedy anime.
1649115687610.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've never watched a RomCom anime or a musical comedy anime.
View attachment 349400
In the industry, that's called being normal
As a Nagatoro fan, I feel kinda called out here.

Granted I'm not racist but still.
Screenshot_20220404-184825_YouTube.jpg

Ok but seriously, RomComs animes usually are made for the viewer to self insert themselves into the story, I mean, why else are all the protags blank slate white or japanese messy haired nerdy dudes with glasses stuck in highschool. Not a bad thing, but there is a target audience.

The issue is more so that anime gotta a large incely fanbase and sadly that also means they're also included with the target audience which makes fanbases like Nagatoro... that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was in a voice over workout session just a few minutes ago, and we have a new director who’s subbing in for the regular one for a bit. She opened up with “I’m subbing for the next two weeks which means y’all are *****ED” So I already love the energy.

MooMew64

RomCom animes are super hit and miss with me. 9 times outta 10 they usually exemplify the tropes I hate most in anime.

But then you get stuff like Toradora and Love is War and they’re pretty fun.

Granted, my alltime favorite animes are usually slice of life stuff that focus on friends or families, sooooooooo

Watch Yuru Camp.

Also battle Shonen. I love MHA and DBZ. OP is…

Looooook I like OP, but, uh…

Oda can be a little cringe sometimes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've only seen a handful of romcoms so my opinion might be subject to change if I watch more of them and get tired of the tropes, but the ones I have seen have been quite enjoyable and wholesome.

My Dress Up Darling recently wrapped up and that was a great one, albeit a bit strange at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom