• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Had it actually been confirmed whether the Mario movie's animation would simply be modeled off as seen in the modern Mario games or will the characters designs be different?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still can't picture Jack Black pulling off a deep gruff voice for Bowser.

They really should've picked someone who could.

I can see Chris Pratt at least doing a decent Italian accent which why I have no problem with him being cast for the voice of Mario.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still can't picture Jack Black pulling off a deep gruff voice for Bowser.

They really should've picked someone who could.

I can see Chris Pratt at least doing a decent Italian accent which why I have no problem with him being cast for the voice of Mario.
No he’s just gonna talk in his normal Jack Black voice.

And it’s gonna be immaculate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh yeah, I also finally saw No Way Home. I liked it a lot. They managed to give most of the villains some neat character moments aside from the Lizard really.

And needless to say, Tobey "Peak Fiction" Maguire was awesome to see as Spider-Man again. Tom and Andrew did great too. Most of the cast did great.

Anyway, now I need the Spider-Man vs Wolverine movie if they can bring back Hugh Jackman one last time.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No he’s just gonna talk in his normal Jack Black voice.

And it’s gonna be immaculate.
Had that been confirmed though?

If so it'll feel weird out of Bowser of all characters. When I think of him talking, I expect something deep and gruff.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thing is though looking at the Super Mario Bros film.

I understand needing actual lines and dialogue for the film but I really thought when it first announced it could have been a really great idea for a film without it.
"A picture tells a thousand words" with minimal dialogue and visual design and audio cues and such into a full film if that makes sense.

I'm still a little mixed on the voice cast and having full dialogue.

Out of the two animation studios under Universal’s belt, why did Nintendo have to go with the cheaper one?
Cause Minions cheap and like Rabbids. I honestly could see people like Miyamoto liking that type of humour.

........................Or something.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's a pipe dream but an animated Gamera film by Sony Animation with the writers of Into the Spider-Verse and The Mitchells vs. The Machines would be justice. Between that or Laika Films, the studio that brought Kubo and the Two-Strings.

Or a Gamera animated series in the style of Primal with Genndy Tartakovsky at helm.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess today's the day I see someone actually okay with Chris Pratt as Mario but not Bowser getting Jack Black, which is the actually solid casting choice alongside Luigi getting voiced by Charlie Day.

Not sure how Peach's actress will do, but she's a good actress overall, so it'll probably fine.

So when's Danny Devito as Wario, Aubrey Plaza as Rosalina, That lady from Gravity Falls as Daisy and Samuel L. Jackson as Yoshi?

Really though, give Martinet an actual script and he'd do fine. Especially for Luigi and Wario. They have more "normal" voices.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Out of the two animation studios under Universal’s belt, why did Nintendo have to go with the cheaper one?
You say that like Nintendo hasn't always been cheap. It's incredibly on brand for Nintendo to go with the cheaper studio, actually.

Nitendo systems were never known for their cutting-edge graphics.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aubrey Plaza as Rosalina
I always felt Tilda Swinton would suit the voice more. She's exactly how picture how Rosalina would sound. Sounding older despite her beautiful young appearance and it'd fit given her character is wise like The Ancient One.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You say that like Nintendo hasn't always been cheap. It's incredibly on brand for Nintendo to go with the cheaper studio, actually.

Nitendo systems were never known for their cutting-edge graphics.
Yeah normally. But SNES and Gamecube were competitive visually. N64 too arguably, depending on how much you hate PS1 Texture warping. Keep in mind, back in the day DKC was a huge deal that pushed the SNES sales due its visuals being really impressive at the time. And the Gamecube was on par with the PS2 and X-Box more or less. I know each of the 3 did this or that better, but it was comparable.

Other than that, they were lagging behind, DS had two screens and could do N64/PS1 graphics, while the PSP nearly matched the PS2 in graphics.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The fact that Mario will be speaking like a regular American makes me worried they might go for the "Video gamer gets sucked into the game and has to play the hero to escape" plotline.
I feel like it’s gonna be an origin story.

Mario and Luigi are normal plumbers in Brooklyn. Mario longs for adventure, Luigi has anxiety and seasonal depression.

They get warped to the mushroom kingdom after cleaning some hair out of a drain, and a basic but decently enjoyable kids film ensues.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah normally. But SNES and Gamecube were competitive visually. N64 too arguably, depending on how much you hate PS1 Texture warping. Keep in mind, back in the day DKC was a huge deal that pushed the SNES sales due its visuals being really impressive at the time. And the Gamecube was on par with the PS2 and X-Box more or less. I know each of the 3 did this or that better, but it was comparable.

Other than that, they were lagging behind, DS had two screens and could do N64/PS1 graphics, while the PSP nearly matched the PS2 in graphics.
Oh yeah I tend to forget that SNES was a huge deal back in the day. I guess my zoomer is showing. And the Gamecube didn't really do so hot, which is probably just reinforced Nintendo not caring as much about graphical technology.

Anyway I might get flack for this but I think Illumination movies look good. They aren't pushing any boundaries but they're pleasant too look at (if not maybe a little too inoffensive). If their writing was good I don't think anyone would have a problem - no one really complains about the visuals in Despicable Me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh yeah I tend to forget that SNES was a huge deal back in the day. I guess my zoomer is showing. And the Gamecube didn't really do so hot, which is probably just reinforced Nintendo not caring as much about graphical technology.

Anyway I might get flack for this but I think Illumination movies look good. They aren't pushing any boundaries but they're pleasant too look at (if not maybe a little too inoffensive). If their writing was good I don't think anyone would have a problem - no one really complains about the visuals in Despicable Me.
For sure, their movies are visually consistent and solid. Nothing insane like Sony's animation(Lego and Spider-Verse ect.) or as technically strong as Disney and Dreamworks, but its solid all the same, which is fine. It's just that from a writing standpoint a lot of their work seems soulless. But even then, Despicable Me 1 was good.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wario needs to be voiced by Danny Devito.

No one else is perfect for that role.

Danny Devito or bust.

Danny Devito should be to Wario as Keanu Reeves should be for Shadow.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey

We don’t know who Charles is voicing yet :wario:
Anytime someone says "Charles Marinet couldn't voice Mario in the movie for hours on end, he's getting old!" or "Charles' Mario characters speaking full sentences would sound weird" Imma just show them the WarioWare Gold cutscenes

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone agree Keanu Reeves should be the voice of Shadow the Hedgehog?

I never realized how much I want this to really be a thing.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Ah thank you for reminding me about something.

I'd happily pay good money for a WarioWare TV series where the microgames are the main skits and done in a way that reminds me of like Nichijou.

That would be amazing.
So many Nintendo properties would fit as cartoons tbh. Imagine Looney Tunes style Duck Hunt.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My pipe dream for such a Gamera cartoon.

Genndy Tartakovsky as the creator and writer.

Guillermo del Toro as producer.

Shusuke Kaneko as also a writer.

Perfection.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey

We don’t know who Charles is voicing yet :wario:
Wario waddles on screen, farts, scratches his butt, and Charles yells at the audience to have a rotten day and to buy his microgames.

DazzlingImmenseBufeo-max-1mb.gif

peak cinema

Ah thank you for reminding me about something.

I'd happily pay good money for a WarioWare TV series where the microgames are the main skits and done in a way that reminds me of like Nichijou.

That would be amazing.
I still say something like the Space Dandy opening theme would fit a Wario show super well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Illumination is perfectly fine. They do a good job at making a brand big off of kids films.

Despicable me 1 and 2 are solid. Minions has some actually entertaining moments like the joke about how they served the most evil people in history.

Sing was alright and secret life of pets was alright for a kids film. Not geared at adults, but done in a way that they made them into pretty big
And profitable franchises.

Which is exactly what Mario could do 10 fold with popularity it already has.

At the very least even if it’s an average kids movie, the voice cast will make it worth the watch.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So yeah, Steam's ratings for games on the Steam Deck are basically outright lies sometimes, lol.

Sonic Generations is labelled as the highest compatability tier, but suffers huge framerate problems and only boots under the latest official Proton builds (7-10 and Experimental).

Rivals of Aether is listed as "Unsupported" yet works perfectly fine.

This whole process is weird lol. I hope they work on fine-tuning it, 'cause ATM it's useless and it's just better to look your games up on ProtonDB.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Minions has some actually entertaining moments like the joke about how they served the most evil people in history.
They conveniently went into hiding before WW2, and only left afterwards.

What a coinkydink :nifty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So yeah, Steam's ratings for games on the Steam Deck are basically outright lies sometimes, lol.

Sonic Generations is labelled as the highest compatability tier, but suffers huge framerate problems and only boots under the latest official Proton builds (7-10 and Experimental).

Rivals of Aether is listed as "Unsupported" yet works perfectly fine.

This whole process is weird lol. I hope they work on fine-tuning it, 'cause ATM it's useless and it's just better to look your games up on ProtonDB.
Does ProtonDB need you to list all games individually or will it link up with your steam? Either way, hit me up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom