• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I supposse so, I'm just getting flashbacks to Forces and having one nice announcement and 0 gameplay and I really want this game to be good this franchise is not good for my health.
I'd say the flashbacks would be over exaggerated, but I understand your point of view too much to say that. It is not even like you are the only person who is like that.

I do wish though we had some news right now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I supposse so, I'm just getting flashbacks to Forces and having one nice announcement and 0 gameplay and I really want this game to be good this franchise is not good for my health.
I mean, yeah, I get that.

I'm probably fine to wait personally because they'd have to try really, REALLY hard to get me to not play it, but I definitely understand those who are tired of the...lower quality of the franchise of late and want it to be better, ha ha. I do too, of course, it's just...Well, I've been following this series since I was old enough to play video games, I'm just used to the roller coaster by now. :drshrug:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah

It's been, like, a whole day
That's a new record
I'd say the flashbacks would be over exaggerated, but I understand your point of view too much to say that. It is not even like you are the only person who is like that.

I do wish though we had some news right now.
I feel a lot are, Forces really turned us off from the franchise. I may **** on this franchise a lot but I still want Sonic to do good. I'm just hella skeptical now.

On Sonic Origins, I will say that if we don't get the Taxman remakes then throw it away

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's a new record

I feel a lot are, Forces really turned us off from the franchise. I may **** on this franchise a lot but I still want Sonic to do good. I'm just hella skeptical now.

On Sonic Origins, I will say that if we don't get the Taxman remakes then throw it away
Well, considering that Forces was an average game, I feel the hate for it is around exaggerated. However, it wasn't as good as many hoped, I will give you that, and it did turn off a lot of people, plus some things did affect the development of that game, like the layoffs and the Sonic Boom games.

MooMew64

I think the worst part about Forces isn't that it's bad, it's just...Painfully mediocre. Like, as far as Sonic games go, I could easily list far, far more detrimental games, but man, Sonic was just coming back thanks to Colors and Gens and they really had to hit us with a divisive game, a total garbage heap spin-off, and then a mediocre game that played with everyone's emotions by tailoring the marketing in just the right way to make it sound like they were finally giving people what they wanted.

The fact that Mania was dropped almost instantly after release with nothing but a small Mighty and Ray update being the only thing it got doesn't make it any better.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think the worst part about Forces isn't that it's bad, it's just...Painfully mediocre. Like, as far as Sonic games go, I could easily list far, far more detrimental games, but man, Sonic was just coming back thanks to Colors and Gens and they really had to hit us with a divisive game, a total garbage heap spin-off, and a mediocre game that played with everyone's emotions by tailoring the marketing in just the right way to make it sound like they were finally giving people what they wanted.

The fact that Mania was dropped almost instantly after release with nothing but a small Mighty and Ray update being the only thing it got doesn't make it any better.
I remember some people thought the story would be good, maybe among other things. With such expectations not met at the end, I can see at least another reason why people would be upset. Not the only reason, but still...

MooMew64

I remember some people thought the story would be good, maybe among other things. With such expectations not met at the end, I can see at least another reason why people would be upset. Not the only reason, but still...
Again, it was very specifically tailored by smart marketing: They gave it just enough SATAM vibes to get the comic fans onboard, they showed Chaos to get Adventure fans hyped, and threw in an OC creator for the memes and hardcore crowd. Toss in the "Made by the Generations Team" marketing and they very clearly knew what they were doing.

Shame they didn't let their devs actually have time to flesh out these ideas. :drshrug:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the worst part about Forces isn't that it's bad, it's just...Painfully mediocre. Like, as far as Sonic games go, I could easily list far, far more detrimental games, but man, Sonic was just coming back thanks to Colors and Gens and they really had to hit us with a divisive game, a total garbage heap spin-off, and then a mediocre game that played with everyone's emotions by tailoring the marketing in just the right way to make it sound like they were finally giving people what they wanted.

I'm still pissed on that false advertising at E3.

Ok not really but damn was that a low blow.

On the topic of Mania though, I feel as if Mania was meant to be a series of quick stops for major titles, an appetizer of sorts.

But SEGA pulled a SEGA moment and the Mania team doesn't even want to do it again.

Sometimes it is hard to be a fan of this franchise...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Again, it was very specifically tailored by smart marketing: They gave it just enough SATAM vibes to get the comic fans onboard, and they showed Chaos to get Adventure fans hyped. Toss in the "Made by the Generations Team" marketing and they very clearly knew what they were doing.

Shame they didn't let their devs actually have time to flesh out these ideas. :drshrug:
That wasn't smart marketing, I have to say. From what I remember, Forces wasn't made by the Generations team, as there were many new people making the game and less of the Generations crew. That was not the Generations team.

MooMew64

I'm still pissed on that false advertising at E3.

Ok not really but damn was that a low blow.

On the topic of Mania though, I feel as if Mania was meant to be a series of quick stops for major titles, an appetizer of sorts.

But SEGA pulled a SEGA moment and the Mania team doesn't even want to do it again.

Sometimes it is hard to be a fan of this franchise...
I was pretty optimistic.

Aaaaannnnnnnd THEN it was announced that reviewers wouldn't be getting copies.

And being a seasoned Sonic veteran, it only meant one thing

pain.png

and then I saw AntDude's day 1 stream and

yeah

That wasn't smart marketing, I have to say. From what I remember, Forces wasn't made by the Generations team, as there were many new people making the game and less of the Generations crew. That was not the Generations team.
See, they didn't technically lie: Izuka was there. And he was involved with Generations.

Hence, brought to you by the Generations Team. Didn't say who. :4wario2:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was pretty optimistic.

Aaaaannnnnnnd THEN it was announced that reviewers wouldn't be getting copies.

And being a seasoned Sonic veteran, it only meant one thing

View attachment 349293

and then I saw AntDude's day 1 stream and

yeah

See, they didn't technically lie: Izuka was there. And he was involved with Generations.

Hence, brought to you by the Generations Team. Didn't say who. :4wario2:
Yeah, but I did say less of the same team, and not none of the same team. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know, we haven't had a Pokemon discussion in quite some time.

Nature is healing.
If we get that trailer drop this month, I’m sure there be riots over something non sensical.

My bets on the grapes and oranges

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, yeah, it was smart marketing as much as it was false advertising.

Technically, it was made by the team that mase the best modern 3D Sonic games (and ironically the only 2 good ones of the 2010s). But a lot of the key staff? Not present. Yes, Chaos and Shadow were in the game to pander to Adventure fans. Too bad Chaos got ****ed over badly and all Shadow got were 3 levels (not even a boss fight). You wanted a serious Sonic game? You got it... but the writers are still Pontac and Graff. Classic Sonic was hyped the hell up and he wasn't even relevant to the game, why did they even add him in?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

MooMew64

I have had my Steam Deck for several weeks now, and I can safely say...

DazzlingImmenseBufeo-max-1mb.gif

I like it. A lot.

This is by far my favorite device I've ever used. Probably even over the Switch. The fact that I can play fully modded Minecraft anywhere I want, with 60FPS (relatively smooth) performance? With at least three hours+ battery life?

I would say this is my favorite console, but...It's technically a PC...

But in the form factor of a handheld console...

Hmm...:050:

The only real weakness I've encountered so far is Hedgemod Manager does not work on Steam Deck: The current method of getting it to boot in Linux does not work. I tried installing it and Gens about like, 15 times on my device before I finally called it quits. But thankfully, Valve's inhouse streaming system is pretty darn good and very playable, so I can just stream that from my PC when I want to play it in a different room or in bed, lol. Could also play vanilla Gens on it but the performance ATM is really bad and needs a patch from Valve.

But yeah, nah, this thing is dope. I'm excited to see where Valve takes it, as they seem pretty committed. Nintendo may have opened up people's eyes to the potential in home console-grade mobile gaming, but hoo boy if it ain't Valve being the ones to actually further it and the tech behind it.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I have had my Steam Deck for several weeks now, and I can safely say...

View attachment 349302

I like it. A lot.

This is by far my favorite device I've ever used. Probably even over the Switch. The fact that I can play fully modded Minecraft anywhere I want, with 60FPS (relatively smooth) performance? With at least three hours+ battery life?

I would say this is my favorite console, but...It's technically a PC...

But in the form factor of a handheld console...

Hmm...:050:

The only real weakness I've encountered so far is Hedgemod Manager does not work on Steam Deck: The current method of getting it to boot in Linux does not work. I tried installing it and Gens about like, 15 times on my device before I finally called it quits. But thankfully, Valve's inhouse streaming system is pretty darn good and very playable, so I can just stream that from my PC when I want to play it in a different room or in bed, lol. Could also play vanilla Gens on it but the performance ATM is really bad and needs a patch from Valve.

But yeah, nah, this thing is dope. I'm excited to see where Valve takes it, as they seem pretty committed. Nintendo may have opened up people's eyes to the potential in home console-grade mobile gaming, but hoo boy if it ain't Valve being the ones to actually further it and the tech behind it.
...Naaaah, I don't believe you.

Send it over my way so I can sample it real quick and figure out if you're telling the truth.

MooMew64

Now that Kirby won a grammy Nintendo gotta release their music now
A singular jukebox will play their music in a cafe in Japan every Tuesday.

As long as you bring your Nintendo Switch system and plug it into the the Switch Dock sitting next to it.

And have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.

And you may listen to only three songs per session.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i noticed that Lego Harry Potter went up on sale on the PSN, i bought it to revisit an old game i really enjoyed on the Wii.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WrestleMania 38 over…yet Attack on Titans season 4 isn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom