• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ehhh the Wild Area is definitely a point of contention, but if you ask me the rest of the region is the problem.

Cuz it's literally just hallways. The entire region is just a pathway. Sometimes it'll wind a bit, sometimes there'll be a dead end here or there. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a straight shot from point A to point B, with zero room for any real explanation.

The plot is stupid, but it's Pokemon. I can ignore the plot if the gameplay backs it up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon fans are literally complaining about how much money Pokémon gave for Ukraine, saying it’s not enough.

Yet they sit here and say they don’t out enough of they money into game development.

I will never understand their stupidity.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Considering Super robot wars tends to not kill off characters in it's anime plot adaptations i half expected them to do the "Space Hospital" bit in their Voltron adaptation lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
Was there ever any confirmation that "all the Hisuian Pokemon are extinct" or was that just completely made up?

I haven't beaten the PLA post game yet if that has anything to do with it.
As far as I know it's just a theory as to why you don't see Wyrdeer running around.

The true answer will probably just be "Aw ****, the space-time ultra distortion wormhole unleashed all these radical new pokemon into the modern day, which you can acquire with one easy payment of 4.99$"

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As far as I know it's just a theory as to why you don't see Wyrdeer running around.

The true answer will probably just be "Aw ****, the space-time ultra distortion wormhole unleashed all these radical new pokemon into the modern day, which you can acquire with one easy payment of 4.99$"
Who the flip cares about endangered species, I want my Guzzlord in PLA format, he better be in ScarVio

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I initiated a quest from Adaman and then this random Spheal strolled in during the middle of the conversation
1646361364633.png

1646361374263.png

He rolled away a little while later and it was the most hilarious **** seeing Adaman going over lore and then there's just Spheal rolling in to say hello

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I initiated a quest from Adaman and then this random Spheal strolled in during the middle of the conversation
View attachment 346651
View attachment 346652
He rolled away a little while later and it was the most hilarious **** seeing Adaman going over lore and then there's just Spheal rolling in to say hello
xD Oh my God, that's just one of the most adorably funny things I have ever seen...<3 I LOVE IT!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Was there ever any confirmation that "all the Hisuian Pokemon are extinct" or was that just completely made up?

I haven't beaten the PLA post game yet if that has anything to do with it.
Extinct can't be 100% the excuse considering scientists are capable of bringing fossils millions of years ago back to life.

I want to believe space-time distortion is at least one factor.

Shroob

Sup?
Extinct can't be 100% the excuse considering scientists are capable of bringing fossils millions of years ago back to life.

I want to believe space-time distortion is at least one factor.
Well, there's a big thing here.

The fossil Pokemon are just that, fossils. We have records that they existed since we have their fossilized remains.

Likewise, while we may have some carcasses of animals that have died within the last thousand or so years, how many do we actually possess? That, and who's to say that a lot of the documentation for the Hisuian mons existed to the modern era? Something to note is that in BDSP, they added a new book to the Library, and instead of calling it Overquill, they called it a "Big Qwilfish." Meaning it's possible that records of Overquil never made it to the modern era, and scientists simply believe that Overquil really was just a 'big Qwilfish'.

It's a million times easier to get a T-Rex in a museum than it'd be a Dodo I'd have to imagine.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
GameFreak explaining why the H-Forms are in Gen 9
View attachment 346657
Fun fact: The context for this article is that a bird went extinct, but it's still-extant ancestor species flew over to the same location and re-evolved the same traits.

This would also imply that Hisuian versions existed in PokeSpain, went extinct, was repopulated with the "normal" variants, and then had them evolve those exact same Hisuian traits

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That said, I kinda wanna theory craft why certain mons kinda faded away.

So far, I'm thinking
  • Scyther adapted to the modern technology laced world, evolving to Scizor. The big and bulky Kleavor was naturally selected out
  • Enamorous is still alive but just can't find Unova for whatever reason
  • Zoroark are technically dead, and their H-Forms are still around the world, just not Unova in which they're native to.
  • Basculegion... white stripes are rare nowadays I guess
  • Ursaluna just went extinct since Peat Blocks no longer exist
  • Sneasler hates crowds so it secluded itself away from civilization. Those who willingly stayed evolved to modern day Sneasel
  • Goodra don't have the minerals to make a shell anymore. Idk.
  • Electrode Adapted to modern day Pokeballs
  • Growlithe went extinct or just dropped the rock typing thanks to those pesky water types
  • Avalugg died thanks to fighting types
  • Liligant... gained weight? Idk how her dress works
  • Overquil evolved itself out of existence for whatever reason
  • Idk on the starters nor Bravairy

Shroob

Sup?

So far, I'm thinking
  • Scyther adapted to the modern technology laced world, evolving to Scizor. The big and bulky Kleavor was naturally selected out
  • Zoroark are technically dead, and their H-Forms are still around the world, just not Unova in which they're native to.
  • Sneasler hates crowds so it secluded itself away from civilization. Those who willingly stayed evolved to modern day Sneasel
  • Growlithe went extinct or just dropped the rock typing thanks to those pesky water types
Growlithe makes sense

The horn on its head is already fragile, and humans domesticated it like we did to wolves over time.

Noipoi

Howdy!

So far, I'm thinking
The starters are stated to be responding to the energy of mount coronet, or something. Maybe it doesn’t have that energy anymore, or at least not as much as it used to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, new theory:
H-Avalugg went extinct thanks to the settlers of Snowpoint city bringing in Medidite and Medicham. That's why they're in the snowy routes in DPP and not in PLA
My theory is that the routine seismic activity of Regigigias caused enough damage to the minerals around the area, that the icebergs from the icelands shattered. Leaving Avalugg to look like it does today. Just ice, no protective rock layer.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the simplest answer as to how they'll re-introduce the Hisuians is either:

lol time/space ****ery

or

"We found this old Pokeball"

Considering there IS a modern-era Pokeball in the code for PLA that's currently unused, along with them already using that premise for promotional material for PLA with Basculegion, it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon is one of of those series where the fans take the lore waaaaaay more seriously then the creators ever intended for us to.

It's a funny game about a rat who shoots lightning from its face. They can do whatever they want, for whatever reason they want.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon is one of of those series where the fans take the lore waaaaaay more seriously then the creators ever intended for us to.

It's a funny game about a rat who shoots lightning from its face. They can do whatever they want, for whatever reason they want.
Nah, Magcargo is actually hotter than the sun, they just don't destroy all the life on earth because GameFreak is a coward and scared of giving us a post-apocalyptic Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom