• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If anything, it would be more fitting if that Pokemon had a vendetta against the Spanish region.

The people who worshipped said god getting conquered by the Spanish Conquistadors does not make Quetzalcoatl suddenly Spanish, no matter how much some games try to associate Quetzalcoatl with Spanish or Mexican stuff, like lucha libre.
Honestly I'd play a game about that. Spain comes to the Americas, tries to conquer them, and then gets beaten up by the Aztec deities. Or the Mayan ones. Or the Incas. There's a lot to pull from, really.

no matter how much some games try to associate Quetzalcoatl with Spanish or Mexican stuff, like lucha libre.
To be fair, Mexico does retain a decent amount of its pre-Colombian cultures, so I can at least see where the association between Quetzalcoatl and Mexican culture comes from. Heck, even Mexico's flag references an Aztec myth - The eagle sitting on the cactus eating the serpent is said to be what signaled to the Aztecs where to build their capital, Tenochtitlan (try saying that five times fast). Oh yeah, and they might've also taken their name from the Aztecs, who called themselves the Mexica and called the heartland of their empire Mexhico. Granted, there's actually a couple other potential origins for the name "Mexico," but the similarities are definitely there. Obviously, Mexico and the Aztecs aren't synonymous and most Mexicans nowadays don't worship the Aztec deities, but you could still make a case for having Aztec motifs in a Mexican-inspired setting or character, especially in modern times where Mexico's territory includes almost all of Mesoamerica, former Aztec lands included.

Of course, Quetzalcoatl is definitely not Spanish. Mexico has heritage from both Spain and the Aztecs (Among other Native Americans), but Spain does not because Spain is Spain and not Mexico, and anyone who says otherwise has clearly bombed their History exams.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, it's NOT balanced for PVP. So no

Which works in it's favor, because focusing on single player aspects actually makes the game much harder than other Pokemon games (which again isn't saying much, it's Pokemon).

But yeah, you clearly don't seem interested in the game judging by all you previous comments so why do you keep asking this? You're and I both know you're not gonna like jt.
Because it’s Pokémon! The creature designs are always so cool and I’ve always thought battling other in-game trainers with my favorites and becoming champion was really fun. But I can’t do that second part and it seams to be entirely focused on the one half of the gameplay I’ve always… tolerated. And it’s just depressing.
She’s got a Snake complains about 3D games quota she’s gotta fill each day, or she doesn’t get paid as much :nifty:
I don’t hate 3D games. I just really don’t jive with exploration.
She’s getting PAID here?!
I wish. I hate my real job.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Because it’s Pokémon! The creature designs are always so cool and I’ve always thought battling other in-game trainers with my favorites and becoming champion was really fun. But I can’t do that second part and it seams to be entirely focused on the one half of the gameplay I’ve always… tolerated. And it’s just depressing.

Series had to evolve, that **** got old
...aren't you a collect-a-thon fan? Which encourage exploring and thinking outside the box?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Series had to evolve, that **** got old

...aren't you a collect-a-thon fan? Which encourage exploring and thinking outside the box?
I like 3D platformers, but honestly the fact that I like Banjo is kind of an outlier. When I played other collect-a-thons like Spyro, A Hat in Time, and both Mario and DK 64, it didn’t jive with me as much.

And as far as the series needing to evolve, just **** right off. It didn’t need to loose the entire competition angle and go all in on pointless pixel hunting and circling around spawn points.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
OH MY GOSH WHAT THE **** IS MY LUCK
Ok so I do a Crimson Mirelands Massive Mass Outbreak, and I go a Stunky outbreak to catch em for Aguav Berries, and BAM, Shiny Stunky. I thought "oh cool' and went off to do a Sliggoo outbreak. I finished the outbreak, but when I was done, a new horde randomly formed of entirely Alpha Sliggoo.

But one of them was Shiny.

1646349403188.png
First Shiny Alpha, woohoo!
1646349419774.png
And in the same outbreak as this Stunky as well.

So then I leave and go to the Mirelands again to reset the areas and see if I can get another outbreak. First thing I see is an Alpha Gastly, so I say "why not" and go to the thing but when I moved a bit closer the SHINY SPARKLES went off

So not only did I find my first Shiny Alpha, I found my Second Shiny Alpha five seconds later. And this one was COMPLETELY random. This Gastly isn't a pregenerated Alpha nor from an outbreak, it just was a random Gastly who got generated as both.
1646349535670.png

I think this is the luckiest I'm gonna be for a while, especially with all the good Alpha RNG from these outbreaks I was getting earlier.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I wish. I hate my real job.
There aren't even that many trainer battles in Legends, so the first part isn't really there either.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The voice of Bowser will be at the convention I'm going to next month. I already got his autograph and selfie from him last year but I'll still stop by him and say hello.

If he has a panel I'll ask him what does he think about Jack Black taking his role in the upcoming movie (FYI, last year he said he hasn't been contacted for the movie)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like 3D platformers, but honestly the fact that I like Banjo is kind of an outlier. When I played other collect-a-thons like Spyro, A Hat in Time, and both Mario and DK 64, it didn’t jive with me as much.

And as far as the series needing to evolve, just **** right off. It didn’t need to loose the entire competition angle and go all in on pointless pixel hunting and circling around spawn points.
Guys

Nobody tell her that the idea behind PLA is that it’s a time before Pokémon trainers, and that frequent trainer battles and the league (or a league equivalent) are back in Gen 9.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well that's not very nice of you.

Also, PLA was meant to be a new direction for the franchise after heavy criticism of how the old formula got stale, especially since Gen 8 did not live up to any if the hype of next gen Pokemon. And that game went all in with competitiveness. Plus, Pokemon's a lore heavy RPG. People want the story, they want the lore. Guess which Pokemon game delivered on that?

Also, if you think there's no strategy in PLA, or you can just slawn camp, then I got bad news for you.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Also, PLA was meant to be a new direction for the franchise after heavy criticism of how the old formula got stale, especially since Gen 8 did not live up to any if the hype of next gen Pokemon. And that game went all in with competitiveness. Plus, Pokemon's a lore heavy RPG. People want the story, they want the lore. Guess which Pokemon game delivered on that?

Also, if you think there's no strategy in PLA, or you can just slawn camp, then I got bad news for you.
Legends will slap you silly. It really doesn't mess around.

Can you imagine Nuzlockes in this thing? Challenge runs are gonna be horrifying, I can't wait to attempt them. As much stress as a Minecraft Hardcore run.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, it's a sorta-spin off.

All that stuff'll be back in Gen 9.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guys

Nobody tell her that the idea behind PLA is that it’s a time before Pokémon trainers, and that frequent trainer battles and the league (or a league equivalent) are back in Gen 9.
Yeah. And now I can’t battle with any of the cool new Hisuian Pokémon or forms. Because the one game that they’ll only ever be in isn’t based on trainer battles and instead dumb exploring.

I don’t care what other people want. Bottom line, it’s a new entry in a series I like that I can’t play because it looses one of the only things I like about it and emphasizes something I don’t. It would be nice to have a good story. But I don’t care if then we loose that essential hook. I don’t care what other people expect. Sure, I guess I can be tangentially happy that you got what you want but that just can’t sustain a person by itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom