• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finally got back to my PLA playthrough. I just quelled Electrode and my team of 6 is finally complete - Typhlosion, Torterra, Basculegion, Heracross, Togekiss, and Alpha Goodra.

Really pleased with this team.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They should've brought it back

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Snake race:

1646319895060.png

ME SNAKE NOZUCHI! ME REALLY VIOLENT. BE CAREFUL YOU NO GET EATEN WHOLE!

Alignment:
Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Japanese mythology. A serpentine yokai whose name means “wild mallet” due to their short and fat shape. They are powerful and ancient field spirits, best known for their bizarre habits. Their bodies are covered in fur and they have no face other than a large maw on top of their heads. Traveling by rolling from the hills, they sometimes attack humans but can also shapeshift into a deformed version of them.

Skills: Lunge, Rakukaja, Toxic Cloud

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

Nozuchi is one of my all-time favorites in the entire series and I can’t even explain why. It’s just shaped like a friend to me. I love how its legend is translated into a furball with a trunk. Usually, yokai demons are a lot more loyal to the source material but I think Nozuchi was the right call to make. It is sometimes mixed up with other snake demons such as Tsuchinoko, which its design also draws some inspiration from.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm loving Dedede's design!
dedede.jpg

He looks like a modern remake of the Crystal Shards incarnation from 64.
club.jpg

He can use a stone pillar as a improvised weapon like a club:
The use of extremely long and thick objects as blunt weaponry carried one-handed over the shoulder but swung two-handed in a devastating arc.
think telephone poles, street lamps, trees, cabers...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Saw Armaldo was trending:

They can’t do my boy dirty like that.
Not to mention that the prehistoric animal it was based on is also insanely cool and underrated.

Good ol' anomolocaris, symbol of The Cambrion Explosion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hard to say. They could show a small teaser pending how far in progress the development of the film had been going and maybe perhaps show the full trailer possibly in June or July whoich would still be my safe bet
Back in November Shigeru Miyamoto said the film is "pretty much done" so I expect a full trailer.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played through the Aperture Desk Job game on Steam - I thought it would be exclusive to the Steam Deck, but it's available on Steam for free and can be played as long as you have a controller. It's a short game, but it's pretty funny, adds some details to the Portal franchise, and it makes me wish that there was a short animated film about Aperture Science.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Back at it again drawing Gohan. Since someone did a redraw challenge for this shot I tried my hand at it. Might be the last full color drawing I do for a bit. I'm working on stuff, and after I do, I want to have a backlog built up.

Got a bunch of pencil sketches done though, so maybe I'll post those after a week or two for a while.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd have no faith in that either. Movies like that should be rated R. As the Venom movies should have been.
Honestly curious, why do you think that? A rating change would do no different aside from swearing more and more bloody, which doesn't really change anything except make it more edgy.

Unless you really wanted a Venom sex scene or something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly curious, why do you think that? A rating change would do no different aside from swearing more and more bloody, which doesn't really change anything except make it more edgy.

Don't tell me you didn't think the 15-minute uninterrupted graphic lovemaking scene between Eddie and Venom made the sequel movie a cinematic masterpiece.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marin Kitagawa tho…I guess people love her

osby

Smash Obsessed
An R rating is not even an indicator of how dark a movie is, to begin with, while we're on the topic.

For example: a lot of queer movies get that rating even if they have nothing explicit about them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I played the Kirby Demo to the end. It's fun, basically just a Kirby game with more movement option, which is about what I expected.

I might pick it up when it comes out but I'm in no rush, I'm not the Kirby diehard I used to be

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Mostly because just for the blood and gore. I feel making it PG-13 holds such a movie back. Plus the movies should've been more dark and horror-like of course with some touch of levity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom