• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Legends Alola, but instead of taking place in the past, it takes place in the universe Poipole is from (because Poipole was a starter Pokemon in that universe)
Tbh that'd be sick. Instead of the different areas of one region, you could be like a rookie member of the Ultra Recon Squad being sent to investigate other universes and their Ultra Beasts, not just the ones we already know, as well as a bunch of regular Pokemon and alternate universe variations of them.

Alola has a lot of potential for this stuff, especially even outside the idea I mentioned.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Cryptobros did something great for once and then they ruined it.
TBH it's impossible for a Crypto Bro to be based.

It goes against the rules of nature, fundamentally.

And as a PC gamer,

warcriminal.jpg

They're 50% of my suffering with gfx cards right now

I refuse to give them credit for anything ever

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH it's impossible for a Crypto Bro to be based.

It goes against the rules of nature, fundamentally.

And as a PC gamer,

View attachment 346590

They're 50% of my suffering with gfx cards right now

I refuse to give them credit for anything ever
I was gonna give them credit for ****ting on Nvida but if it's all because they got butthurt over ETH them nobody wins here.

Makes me believe there's gonna be one Switch Pro in existemce because all the chips are being used for Crypto.

MooMew64

I was gonna give them credit for ****ting on Nvida but if it's all because they got butthurt over ETH them nobody wins here.

Makes me believe there's gonna be one Switch Pro in existemce because all the chips are being used for Crypto.
I called bogus on the Switch Pro stuff last night but after having the leak explained to me more by my brother, it's pretty much a done deal that it's happening.

I mean, the fact Furukawa said the Switch is only in mid-life pretty much confirmed it already, but this is pretty much the done deal.

Now the fun begins waiting to see if it actually has fun toys to play with for developers.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I called bogus on the Switch Pro stuff last night but after having the leak explained to me more by my brother, it's pretty much a done deal that it's happening.

I mean, the fact Furukawa said the Switch is only in mid-life pretty much confirmed it already, but this is pretty much the done deal.

Now the fun begins waiting to see if it actually has fun toys to play with for developers.
I called bull**** because there's no way Nintendo is doi g raytracing in 2022.

That's for their 2039 console when they finally achieve 4K 60fps resolution.

MooMew64

I called bull**** because there's no way Nintendo is doi g raytracing in 2022.

That's for their 2039 console when they finally achieve 4K 60fps resolution.
TBH DLSS is easily more on the table.

Raytracing, though?

Unless they're using actual magic, like, heck no, Nintendo's not releasing a $1,000 handheld that can do DLSS and Raytracing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What’s new?
Scooby Doo
They're coming after you
Gotta solve that mystery
I see you Scooby Doo
The trail leads back to you
What's new Scooby Dooooo...

What's new Scooby Doo
We're gonna follow you
You're gonna solve that mystery
We see you Scooby Doo
We're coming after you
What's new Scooby Doooo...

Don't look back, you may find another clue
The Scooby Snacks will be waiting here for you

What's new Scooby Doo
There coming after you
Gonna solve that mystery
I see see you Scooby Doo
What's new Scooby Doooooo

NADANADANA
NADANADANA
NADA-NA-DANANA
NADANADANA
NADANADA

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Scooby Doo
They're coming after you
Gotta solve that mystery
I see you Scooby Doo
What's new Scooby Dooooo...

What's new Scooby Doo
We're gonna follow you
You're gonna solve that mystery
We see you Scooby Doo
We're coming after you
What's new Scooby Doooo...

Don't look back, you may find another clue
The Scooby Snacks will be waiting here for you

What's new Scooby Doo
There coming after you
Gonna solve that mystery
I see see you Scooby Doo

NADANADANA
NADANADANA
NADA-NA-DANANA
NADANADANA
NADANADA

What else did I expect from Smashboards.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
before The Batman fully releases, what do you think is the absolute best Batman movie of all time? Live action, animated, in theaters, direct to dvd…doesn’t matter where it’s from…what is your favorite Batsy movie or even Top 3 Batman movies?

For me it’s between
  • Mask of the Phantasm
  • Dark Knight
  • Under the Red Hood

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yup, RPG Maker Unite

Jokes aside, this is actually dope. Unity is such an open engine with sooooo many resources, it's heaven for indie devs (which is why so many people use it lol). This is gonna be really, really good for the RPG Maker scene! Especially when the last engine was on Javascript and was basically web browser based.
Well ****.

The game my brother and friends were making was using the older RPG maker lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
next person to comment is the Joker

the person to comment after that is Batman

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw Armaldo was trending:

They can’t do my boy dirty like that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If there's one thing that Coco, Encanto and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet have all taught me, it's that people think all Spanish speaking countries are the same.

No, Pokemon fandom. Just because the new games take place in "Spain" doesn't mean we're getting a pokemon based of Quetzalquatl. Those two things have nothing to do with each other. Although it would still be insanely cool.
If anything, it would be more fitting if that Pokemon had a vendetta against the Spanish region.

The people who worshipped said god getting conquered by the Spanish Conquistadors does not make Quetzalcoatl suddenly Spanish, no matter how much some games try to associate Quetzalcoatl with Spanish or Mexican stuff, like lucha libre.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Happy Birthday Pokemon Adventures! The series has now reached its 25th Anniversary. Except for the TCG, it continues to be the longest running adaptation of the series.

With the advent of Gen 9, it sadly doesn't look likely we'll get a Legends Arceus saga, but oh well. Gen 8 is nearing the end of the base game story, so unless they extend things using DLC content/references, it'll probably finish by the end of this year.

They're finally catching up on proper volume releases after the B2W2 delays, so hopefully new boxsets will be released soon. XY looks to finish in Vol 62, ORAS will be at least 3 volumes, and SM/USUM will be at least 7 volumes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, I finally finished SMT V.

I went with the hidden ending, which was a pain and a half to get but was definitely worth it. Despite my gripes with the writing, the final scenes of the game are some of the most impactful moments in the entire series for me. It made me feel empty inside in a good way and I'll keep thinking about it for a long time.

The ending theme alone made the whole journey worth it. I'm definitely gonna try New Game+ for the other endings and complete the compendium later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom