• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Marin Kitagawa tho…I guess people love her
I've only seen a few clips of the show but the relationship between her and the protagonist looks like wholesome stuff.

Also like Wademan94 Wademan94 already said, her dub voice actress (AmaLee) is really good. Hell, the dub seems to be pretty solid in general.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tell me, does Legends: Arceus have ANY aspects of the Pokémon League in them? Or is it just “explore and find **** while we tell our bare as bones Pokémon story”?
It's in the past, so no.

Also, the story is one of the better in the series. Not much considering it's Pokemon but one actually exists this time.

But it's all about exploration

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So there’s no sort of competitive battling at all? Yeah no. Never mind. No reason to even play it.
The battles are actually pretty hard and the post game gets even harder from what I've heard.

But TBH if you really hate exploration in video games as much as you seem to, just...Don't play it. It's just a silly video game; you don't "have" to play it if you don't want to.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So there’s no sort of competitive battling at all? Yeah no. Never mind. No reason to even play it.
I mean, it's NOT balanced for PVP. So no

Which works in it's favor, because focusing on single player aspects actually makes the game much harder than other Pokemon games (which again isn't saying much, it's Pokemon).

But yeah, you clearly don't seem interested in the game judging by all you previous comments so why do you keep asking this? You're and I both know you're not gonna like jt.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, it's NOT balanced for PVP. So no

Which works in it's favor, because focusing on single player aspects actually makes the game much harder than other Pokemon games (which again isn't saying much, it's Pokemon).

But yeah, you clearly don't seem interested in the game judging by all you previous comments so why do you keep asking this? You're and I both know you're not gonna like jt.
Find a redeeming quality in something
Justify it as the one reason you'll enjoy something even if you dislike 99% of the rest of the package associated
Use said reasoning to buy it

basic psychology really, it happens a lot.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Find a redeeming quality in something
Justify it as the one reason you'll enjoy something even if you dislike 99% of the rest of the package associated
Use said reasoning to buy it

basic psychology really, it happens a lot.
Pokemon Fans when I tell them they don't have to buy something if the don't like it
fetchimage (3).jpeg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Legends Arceus I'm almost done, only need the major sidequest mons with Spiritomb and Unown and legendaries. I'm probably clocking in 70 hours before finishing the final dex entry. Gotta say, it's revitalized my interest in the franchise quitw a bit to the point I may buy gen 9

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Legends Arceus I'm almost done, only need the major sidequest mons with Spiritomb and Unown and legendaries. I'm probably clocking in 70 hours before finishing the final dex entry. Gotta say, it's revitalized my interest in the franchise quitw a bit to the point I may buy gen 9
Unown isn't too bad since there's only 28, but use a guide for Spiritomb

Also, you only need 1 Unown for Arceus

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Tell me, does Legends: Arceus have ANY aspects of the Pokémon League in them? Or is it just “explore and find **** while we tell our bare as bones Pokémon story”?
The story is actually good this time.

The unown hunt was fun, the Spiritomb one wasnt.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Yeah I'm grabbing a guide for both of them because the Unown are very wellhidden to the point I've walked past them multiple times.

Yeah but then I don't get the Pokedex entry and those are legit great this time around

Noipoi

Howdy!
So kinda topical, but remember when the Wild Area of Sword and Shield were revealed and everyone got hyped because Pokemon was finally going BoTW open world?

Lmao.
I really don’t wanna be the guy who’s like “New good old bad”

But

With Legends out and ScarVio on the way, in hindsight Sw/Sh looks more baffling to me each day.

Like how is this game real?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So kinda topical, but remember when the Wild Area of Sword and Shield were revealed and everyone got hyped because Pokemon was finally going BoTW open world?

Lmao.
Then people hyped up PLA for being BotW and Game Freak went "Psyche! That's Monster Hunter, fools! Here's a real BotW" while hiring This Man's cheapskate sibling for more detailed and realistic textures

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I actually liked SwSh but um...
View attachment 346633
It looks much worse in hindsight, pun intended
I adore Galar for being a cool region with a radical dex but lol this game looks stinky doo doo sometimes.

Granted, so did Three Houses, and that game is top 5 Switch games, so graphics aren't everything...But like, they help.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Credit where credit is due, the DLC wild areas were actually really cool.

That was just a taste of fully Open World Pokemon though.
They’ve been slowly inching towards the game I thought we were getting when they said Pokémon would be on the switch in 2017.

I make my jokes, but I’m legit very excited.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
THE TROPICANA INVASION HAS HAPPENED FOUR TIMES NOW AND ITS SHOWING NO SIGNS OF STOPPING-
View attachment 346632
so wait, is this like a pop up? Lol

If so, then that technically qualifies a as a "bad ad" on our end. Feel free to fill out a Bad Advertisement form, yada yada, you know the drill, I'm assuming.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They’ve been slowly inching towards the game I thought we were getting when they said Pokémon would be on the switch in 2017.

I make my jokes, but I’m legit very excited.
Noi, you're always excited about Pokemon
"Man **** dem kids, I don't want 'em."
Legit though, baby mons are the absolute worst thing to catch in the game so I want to make sure my friends won't have as hard of a time as I did with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom