• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve heard one thing that actually might point to gen 9 dropping this year. Not saying it will, but it’s a decently valid point.

Supposedly the team who develops the core mainline games, the ones who did Sw/Sh, didn’t make PLA. That was the USUM team, I believe.

But those dudes couldn’t have been just sitting around, they had to be working on something. And the standard amount of time for a new generation had passed.

Not saying it’ll happen, obviously. Just saying that of all the gen 9 theories, this is the only one that made me go
🤔
Good, let the game be worked on longer than Arceus. It can only get better from there. No need to push it out this year.

Shroob

Sup?
So, there's a Pokemon presentation tomorrow, huh?

Well, I think Arceus DLC is on the table big time.

I saw a vid on cut content in Arceus and one of the things was called the "Strange Ball", which looked like a more modern Pokeball compared to the ones in PLA. I wonder if somehow, someway you'll be able to transfer PLA-exclusive Pokemon from PLA to BDSP, or if it'll just be the ones already available in BDSP.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

I saw a vid on cut content in Arceus and one of the things was called the "Strange Ball", which looked like a more modern Pokeball compared to the ones in PLA. I wonder if somehow, someway you'll be able to transfer PLA-exclusive Pokemon from PLA to BDSP, or if it'll just be the ones already available in BDSP.
wait

YOU ARE A GENIUS

THAT'S WHY HOME SUPPORT ISN'T AVAILABLE YET

THEY'RE GONNA UPDATE BOTH GAMES AND LET YOU TAKE IN HISSUIAN MONS TO BDSP

TO TIE IN WITH THE GAME'S LORE

or they won't lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From my Gamera/Hilda crossover.

Since the Gyaos had arrived. They represented what humans had feared and thought of trolls, mindless savage dangerous beasts, since then, humans began to have second opinions seeing trolls in a new light as plenty of species have since gotten along better and working together to fight off the Gyaos threat, humans and trolls (Some trolls even offering human survivors and other species refuge in their cave homes) included as in response to these flying ravenous creatures a military organization unit had been formed being the successors of the Safety Patrol notably athletically training themselves to combat the Shadow of Evil.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I bet it’s PLA DLC, I can’t imagine Gen 9 quite so soon. I do wonder how they will handle Gen 9 when it does happen considering SwSh’s controversy and PLA’s success, maybe it’ll be a turning point in mainline Pokemon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bruh, now what am I meant to watch at EVO, traditional fighting games?

Before BDSP released I thought they might make it so the new Pokemon in Legends could be transferred over to BDSP. Given how faithful the remakes turned out I'm not so sure anymore.

At the very least I can see Pokemon available to be transferred into Legends while Pokemon available in other games can be transferred out for use.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway here’s what the riddler has to say about the DLC. Interesting choice if true, and will definitely leave people with mixed thoughts:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
double post
Bruh, now what am I meant to watch at EVO, traditional fighting games?

Before BDSP released I thought they might make it so the new Pokemon in Legends could be transferred over to BDSP. Given how faithful the remakes turned out I'm not so sure anymore.

At the very least I can see Pokemon available to be transferred into Legends while Pokemon available in other games can be transferred out for use.
Nick Al Star Brawl ends up joining EVO

American Dad really acknowledged their recent Euphoria comparisons…omg
There was a problem fetching the tweet

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did it fellas.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dialga and Noivern are the leads. Tailwind or Trick Room are used for speed control, then l Dynamax Dialga and wreak havoc.

Giratina-O counters Groudon and Landy-T with Will-o-Wisp. Provides priority. Does big physical damage with Poltergeist and strong priority with Shadow Sneak and can OHKO Shadow Rider.

Scarf Garchomp is a back up plan in case Dialga fails to bring down Zacian. Can also outspeed Shadow Rider.

Dracozolt OHKOs Kyogre and Yveltal, also makes me salty by missing randomly thanks to hustle.

Regidrago is a bad meme and a bench warmer. But it is very funny when I do get to bring it out.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got another drawing done. So I have most of the week covered. I'm debating if I should take more than just Sunday off this week, cause I've been doing a lot of comic work since January, while trying to balance that with digital art for my own accounts and the like. I've got a few other things I'm gonna work on, but so far so good I guess. On one hand, I'm nervous, on another annoyed, and on yet another I'm excited.

That said, I do think some of the fan-art pieces I've done are pretty good and I really most of current work as well.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished the Johto Tour event for my timezone. That might have been the best event yet, no joke. Lots of random fully evolved Pokemon appearing with lower than average catch rates, Team Go Rocket being temporarily nerfed, lots of chances to catch Legendaries without resorting to raids, etc. Was able to complete my Johto Dex as well.

Shinys: Gyarados, Spinarak, Chinchou, Marill, Misdreavus, Girafarig, Gligar, Snubbull, Swinub, Shuckle, Remoraid, Houndour, Raikou, and 2 Suicune
Legendaries: 4 Raikou, 3 Entei, 5 Suicune, 4 Ho-oh, 1 Lugia, 1 Celebi

Roaming Legendaries in the mainline games; hard pass. Roaming Legendaries in Go; absolutely yes. I really hope they do it again next year for the highly likely Hoenn tour so there can be easy attempts at Latias & Latios. Randomly ran into Raikou and Suicune multiple times throughout the day and was able to capture two Suicune, one of which was Shiny! :sheep:

Screenshot_20220226-124703_Pokmon GO2.jpg

Already had the Shiny Legendary Beasts from the Gen 4 Zoroark event, but it feels extra nice to catch them in the wild. Also just look at the baby Suicune with only 38 CP. lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can’t wait to see gen 8.

I’ve been waiting to hear about it for years, I’m sure it’ll be a fun time with no controversy at all : )
Can't wait to transfer my first Greninja into the shiny new game with the amazing graphics and high quality animations!

this is satire, i don't even have my first Greninja anymore :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom