• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'd also like to know, I never heard about this.

Like, I doubt Pokemon is gonna be delayed because of Ukraine, that almost never happens unless a natural disaster in like Japan or something happens.
I even looked it up on r/Pokeleaks and nothin', so IDK where this is coming from.

...Besides, IDK why they would just air it exclusively in Japan and not just outright move the date for everyone, in that case. The news is still gonna come out either way, so...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah. But why would Nintendo or Microsoft want their games at an event owned by a rival platform? Why would they want to bring publicity for PlayStation?
Console wars are barely a thing now.

The reason why it's still so loud these days is because the gaming community refuses to let go of such outdated thinking.

This ain't the 90's or 00's anymore.

D

Deleted member

Part of me really wants to finally buy Emerald, but looking at the prices makes me hesitate, especially because I prefer to have the games complete with manual and box. But maybe I should do it before it becomes even more expensive. Never been the biggest Hoenn fan though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think I'm like 7 mons away from Arceus.

Iirc, my 5 five mons are Magnemite, Porygon Z, Spiritomb, and the 4 Genies.

All I can say is that roaming pokemon should NOT being in areas this large. I one shotted Landorous by accident and now I can't find him anymore.
Imma just transfer them in from home once that update happens. lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, if I have another criticism of PLA, it's the way they distributed evolutiom items.

Some of them are super easy to find on a regular basis, but others require you to grind MP or use Ursaluna and pray RNG blesses you. And those that don't require Distortions which may or may not happen so your best bet is grinding Satchels for MP, and the reward nowhere near offsets the price.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GetsuFumaDen Undying Moon is such an addictive game holy hell man. It starts out a little repetitive as roguelikes usually tend to do but as soon as you get in a groove and you meet death you’re ready to jump right back in. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend checking this game out if you haven’t already.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tbh, I'm more surprised that EVO is still alive.
Its been over two years since EVO was last held. Shame that Smash is not going to be a part of this, but I am eager to see what fighting games will make the tournament. Isn't a streamer named Pokimane now the co-owner of EVO if I had heard correctly?

Anyways, I watched an episode of Bunk'd on Disney+ and whilst it does contain certain stereotypes, there is one episode that made me question whether or not whoever is in charge of the casting process of Tiffany's mother had even thought this through:

Is it really that hard for them to find an Asian actress to be casted for the role of Tiffany's mother at the time?

EDIT: D'oh, Inserted the wrong media! Here is the video to what I was talking about.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been hearing talk that it will exclusively stream in Japan.
Where are you hearing this?
I'd also like to know, I never heard about this.

Like, I doubt Pokemon is gonna be delayed because of Ukraine, that almost never happens unless a natural disaster in like Japan or something happens.
They aren’t going to cancel it. Pokémon isn’t letting anything steal their spotlight. However, people think it won’t air because it was only announced in Japan. They didn’t bring it up on pokemons Twitter outside of that. Which is weird, but they may have planned to just drop it out of nowhere anyway.
I think I'm like 7 mons away from Arceus.

Iirc, my 5 five mons are Magnemite, Porygon Z, Spiritomb, and the 4 Genies.

All I can say is that roaming pokemon should NOT being in areas this large. I one shotted Landorous by accident and now I can't find him anymore.
The genies don’t roam. They stick to one named location per area and some are only available under certain conditions. Example, tornadus is only in the e ice lands when it’s rainy and windy. It will appear in the bonechill wastes only.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A very valid point

Flarctum

Smash Rookie
It's a shame that week it airs is one of the busiest weeks I'll have all year. I'll be in New York during that time :yoshi:
Speaking of New York HOW and why is New York still new. New York was created 100 or more years ago

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am stupid due to not realizing this Luke guy is supposed to be the future of Street Fighter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A very valid point
I hope it’s not Gen 9 some the Pokémon YouTubers can shut up about patterns. They gotta learn like the smash fanbase lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve heard one thing that actually might point to gen 9 dropping this year. Not saying it will, but it’s a decently valid point.

Supposedly the team who develops the core mainline games, the ones who did Sw/Sh, didn’t make PLA. That was the USUM team, I believe.

But those dudes couldn’t have been just sitting around, they had to be working on something. And the standard amount of time for a new generation had passed.

Not saying it’ll happen, obviously. Just saying that of all the gen 9 theories, this is the only one that made me go
🤔

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****ing hell Euphoria season 2 ends tomorrow night and I’m mentally unprepared
3EC7EE5D-F7C8-4FDA-8E6C-4262CD26CEF2.jpeg