• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone else going for or are currently playing the Johto Tour in Go today? Am planning on going shiny hunting/working on Master Research at my local college campus today.

Was able to get Raikou through a remote raid tonight. All that's left to complete my Johto Dex is Corsola. If anyone wants to join in remotely for a 3 or 5 Star raid let me know or tag me if you need some help.

:222:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
FMgf7nHVIAESFjp.jpeg

Big Brother and his Little Brothers. These children play in the flower fields of the Crimson Mirelands. Though they are classified as baby Pokemon, the older brother is not to be underestimated. When threatened, the little brothers hide behind their big brother, who will fight until the threat is gone.

I win Legends. Two Shiny Togepi and a Shiny Alpha Togepi.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers
now I’m confused how you found it in Crimson Mirelands before beating Kleavor. Either there was something there I missed in the game or I’m all over the place
I beat Kleavor first, you can't enter that area before doing so.
You need to go around Lake Verity and go straight to a pond in the end. There will be one Turtwig there
@Wademan94 osby osby Noipoi Noipoi @Dyllybirdy Lamperouge Lamperouge M MooMew64 @Ramen Tengoku

View attachment 346125

It is the day of my birth here in Ireland.

And while it will not be a good day for the world, I'm gonna plan my day by going somewhere quiet and remote on my own.

And also: Never has there been a day where I'm not thankful to know you guys. Here's to more fun conversations and fun moments for a long time to come.
Happy birthday!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been starting to do a morning routine to help manage my stress, anxiety and compulsive thoughts by just listening to soothing music in the living room bonding with my dogs for an hour.

But in other news, morning yet again is enduring another cold snap so pretty much trapped in the house until the afternoon. Yay... :glare:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 346130
Big Brother and his Little Brothers. These children play in the flower fields of the Crimson Mirelands. Though they are classified as baby Pokemon, the older brother is not to be underestimated. When threatened, the little brothers hide behind their big brother, who will fight until the threat is gone.

I win Legends. Two Shiny Togepi and a Shiny Alpha Togepi.
Where even is Alpha Togepi?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Switched my Sylveon for a Togetic. Sylveon is neat and all but it has like no coverage while Togekiss has all the coverage.

I also caught a Heracross in a space time distortion and a Basculin, so I have 5/6 of my final team members on me - Typhlosion, Torterra, Basculin, Heracross, and Togetic. I actually already caught a Sligoo (an Alpha one at that) but it's level 50 so I'm waiting for the rest of my team to catch up before I swap out Staraptor for it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to tell my children this is Blaziken's Hisuian form.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fallen race:

1645887964933.png

“I am Fallen Abraxas. If thou wouldst expel evil, then remember my name.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Gnostic mythology. Abraxas is a deity that can commonly be found in Gnostic texts and the seven letters in his name represent seven classic planets. His exact identity is shrouded in mystery, with different sources identifying him as an Egyptian god or a demon. In Infernal Dictionary, he’s a heretic god who rules over 365 skies. He’s sometimes depicted with a rooster's head, dragon's feet, and a whip in his hand.

Skills: Makajam, Fire Block, Mazio

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Wilder race.

Good luck figuring out what Abraxas exactly is. SMT says he’s a fallen angel, which seems to be one of the likelier theories but also dismisses the possibility of several different figures being mixed up due to typos. Therefore, his mishmash of a design (that heavily borrows from
L'antiquité expliquée et représentée en figures “) actually fits him quite well. The encryption on his shield seems to be the engravings that can be found on “Abraxas stones”, stone charms that actually don’t have anything to do with Abraxas.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Had a dream Sakurai decided to do one last Smash character. The trailer took place at an (American) football stadium, and when the QB went to pass, the reciever wasn't there. Then cut to a volcano where Mario was fighting Bowser, all of a sudden someone's climbing up it? The crowd goes wild! Is it the highly anticipated John Madden? We see the face, the theme, it was...

Beelzebub, the historical figure who was a mix of Alexander the Great and Hermes.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Had a dream Sakurai decided to do one last Smash character. The trailer took place at an (American) football stadium, and when the QB went to pass, the reciever wasn't there. Then cut to a volcano where Mario was fighting Bowser, all of a sudden someone's climbing up it? The crowd goes wild! Is it the highly anticipated John Madden? We see the face, the theme, it was...

Beelzebub, the historical figure who was a mix of Alexander the Great and Hermes.
Beelzebub and Hermes, my favorite historical figures

But just in case the curse of prophecy is at play, how did they play?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Shroob Shroob TheMightyP TheMightyP

Zelda: Majora's Mask Cutscene On Switch Apparently "More Accurate To N64" Than Wii Virtual Console Emulation

I think the common train of thought here, is that with how dramatic these fixes are and how much better everything is with this patch, is that this thing was probably not ready to go back in November. It was probably rushed out for the Animal Crossing DLC deal.

So yeah, I guess they are committed to fixing it. With things going forward, if they keep this up, this emulator will go from their worst to potentially their best yet. How odd.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Got to make sure to set an alarm for tomorrow morning so I don't sleep through tomorrow's Pokémon Presents.
insert highly original and creative Pokemon Sleep joke here

I just realized that this is probably the longest I've held on to any one pfp.
I mean, do you need any reason to change the perfection that is Senjougahara?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Annnnnd Russia just threatened Sweden and Finland...Great...

And its not even three days into this bull****.

For god sakes Russia, you're the largest country in the world. Don't you have enough land as it is?

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally found a Corsola raid if anyone wants in. My friend code is in my signature.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Where even is Alpha Togepi?
I found mine in a mass encounter. I'm pretty sure that the Togepi rare spawns in the Crimson and Cobalt can spawn in as Alphas as well, long as you've quelled the Nobles in said areas.
Where's Togepi in general? I never saw one that wasn't Volo's.
Togepi can appear as a rare spawn in the Cottonsedge Prarie near the flower field or Bathers' Lagoon at the edge of the hill face.
Everyone here enjoying Legends Arceus. All people seam to wanna talk about right now.
I have nothing else to talk about, personally. Like there's life stuff, but that's not appropriate for this thread.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 26: The Reflection: Part 1.
This month's winding down to a close, and like I said, I was gonna have a reflection at the end. At first, I was gonna save everything fir the very last day, but that would be too long for everyone involved. So for today, I'll tackle what I feel are the most important regarding this. I'll cover a bit more for the last 2 days.
Black History is world history, but the world doesn't like black people. Thier contributions are often muted or erased to give credit to white people, kinda writing them out of history. BHM is a way to educate others on many historical and important contributions that they made.
Ok, nobody said this here, but this is a common way of thinking so I wanna nip this in the bud. White History Month doesn't exist because history is written by white people. The history we teach and learn is white history. All we ever hear about are white contributions nowadays, **** I said, black people (and other minirities for that matter) have their history erased to make way for white people. WHM doesn't exist because the world operated on white history
Alright, let's get into the meat and bones: This industry has a massive diversity issue. When I looked through the previous 25 day, a lot, and I mean A LOT were pretty upset on the lack of diversity within the office. It felt like I was copy pasting the "Not enough black people, literally the only one, where are the women, where are the LGBTs? Like I said, the industry is a vast majority white dominated field, black people (or really anyone else for that matter) don't get equal opportunity if even given a fair shake in this industry. So what's going on?
Remember in 202p, when the BLM protests awere going on? All these game companies swore up and down that they're gonna diversify their offices. It is 2022, as of January 17,Only 2% are black. TWO PERCENT. Nice diversity push there.
I can attest to as of why. Gaming as a whole is pretty damn racist, no matter how you slice it. From the lack of diversity to terr-awfuly depictions of black people in games to outright ommitting black people from games, to nerds themselves using slurs and crying because one black person ruins all immersion and is "political", it's no wonder we don't see much black people in that industry nowadays. Hell, companies like Actuvision and Ubisoft have been accused and sued for terrible treatment of minorities.
You're right, it is. But here's the thing: thousands of black people apply for jobs within this industry. It it very hard to say with a straught face that out of the thousands, only 2% of all of them are qualified for a job. If one thousand people apply for the job, only TWENTY of them would get a job. To believe not one of the 980 of them are qualified for a position is ludacris. Like I said before, this industry has a huge racial issue. Racial bias and sentiments are ahared across numerous gaming companies, executibes, employees, and consumers themselves. Starts from the ground up.
I really hope so. I really do. It's too soon to tell, but said issues are in public scrutiny since 2020. People are said we're due in for a shake up, and I myself am inclined to agree.

Tomorrow, I'll discuss what we can do to help out black peeps in the gaming industry.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Everybody: …
Snake: Everyonr is talking about Pokémon and I’m on a FNaF kick…. what if I combined them?
I was going to write a joke answer but you can actually make an interesting ghost type Pokemon out of this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone here enjoying Legends Arceus. All people seam to wanna talk about right now.
Cuz it’s an awesome game, dingus :nifty:

Everybody: …
Snake: Everyonr is talking about Pokémon and I’m on a FNaF kick…. what if I combined them?
Freddy the Ursaring
Bonnie the Azumarill
Chica the Combusken
Foxy the Zoroark
Banette Puppet
Diggersby-trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom