• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
  • Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
  • Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
The latter two games, Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2, are both derived from Vampire Savior. They all share the same frantic Round system explained above, but with slightly different rosters. Give them a try if you want to mix things up!"
Basically the difference between VH2 and VS2 is who gets sacrificed to make room for Huitzil, Pryon, and Donovan. Hunter 2 removes the characters added in Darkstalkers 3, while Savior 2 removes Jon Talbain, Rikuo, and Sasquatch.

They should've just used the Saturn version of Darkstalkers 3 so we could just play with the complete roster.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Basically the difference between VH2 and VS2 is who gets sacrificed to make room for Huitzil, Pryon, and Donovan. Hunter 2 removes the characters added in Darkstalkers 3, while Savior 2 removes Jon Talbain, Rikuo, and Sasquatch.

They should've just used the Saturn version of Darkstalkers 3 so we could just play with the complete roster.
I kind of get why Vampire Hunter 2 was made (it gives them a chance to make an updated version of Darkstalkers 2 with Darkstalkers 3's engine), but Vampire Saviour 2 seems weird to me. Maybe there were system limitations and Darkstalkers 3 was really close to the limit to begin with, but to me, it seems that this is like if Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition added Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison as playable characters, but they cut Guile, E. Honda, Dhalsim, and Blanka in order to do it.

(I'm kind of surprised that they never released an arcade version of Darkstalkers 3 with all of the characters, especially as technology advanced and things like larger memory became more affordable, though I have no idea how any of the behind-the-scenes stuff works)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
A pleasant coincidence that this design debuted in the first Soul Hackers 25 years ago:

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

1645453677124.png

“I’m Lady Xiwangmu. I’m known to grow peaches. Please accept one as a remembrance of this day.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Chinese mythology. A maternal goddess whose name means “The Queen Mother of the West” and also worshipped in neighboring Asian countries. Originally a ferocious deity of death, she later became a benevolent patron goddess of Taoist women. Her palace is a paradise and a meeting place for deities, also allowing humans to communicate with them. Every three thousand years, peaches that grant longevity ripens in her garden.

Skills: Ice Wall, Luster Candy, Bowl of Hygieia, Mediarahan

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Genma race.

Xiwangmu’s design is mostly elegant and regal, with peach colors and motifs to reflect her special orchard or immortality and a distinctive headdress that she’s famous for. One small detail I love is the snake behind her and the subtly dark side of her head, a great way to convey her origins as a more dangerous goddess who rules wild animals. Fitting to her character, she’s usually a potent healer with high-tier support skills.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but Vampire Saviour 2 seems weird to me. Maybe there were system limitations and Darkstalkers 3 was really close to the limit to begin with
Capcom Play System 2 (the hardware the Darkstalkers games used) could only hold so many sprites, so a few veterans had to be cut. Street Fighter Alpha 3 could only have a bigger roster on the same hardware because fighters had half the sprites, and sprites would be shared among fighters (Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Dan/Evil Ryu, Cammy/Juli/Juni)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
FMINtyYVEAAzv5t.jpeg

A neighborly greeting. Welcome to our home. Though we may have our differences, we also have our similarities. In a world where hate and suffering seem to cloak our lives, let us acknowledge the peace and love that we can share with all, and welcome anyone in our embrace. Our home is your home.

Had a lucky run in the Crimson! Caught a Shiny Lickilicky in an outbreak, then a Shiny Kirlianear the ruins! Also caught a new Shiny Ponyta a couple hours ago as well.

D

Deleted member

Darkstalkers was one of the main reasons why I got a Japanese Saturn... yet I still haven't actually bought a single Darkstalkers game. Finding Vampire Saviour complete and in good condition, while not getting a ridiculous amount proves to be rather difficult.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pokémon Day is being celebrated with announcements leading up to the day.

Here is the schedule:

All these announcements remind me that I need to continue the first season of the anime.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
But for real though i'm excited to play Darkstalkers for the first time, ive never had a console that can run a game in the series before and it feels like Capcom's been dangling the series in front of people for years lol
I will say that as someone that have been following the Darkstalkers franchise for quite a while. The first time I heard of the series was when I was watching a couple of Youtube playthroughs of "The Night Warriors" which is where my interest began.

My first Darkstalkers game was Chronicles: Chaos Tower for the Playstation Portable and I then went on to purchase Resurrection for the PS3.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Darkstalkers only recently caught my attention since I became interested in Fighting Games and the character designs are really cool so I'm glad it's finally getting a re-release, and now that it's on Steam it'll be available for generations to come

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The black community should've gatekept lean, this twitter discourse is embarrassing.
More like white people need to do research before memeing things
I can understand the people not in the US not knowing what that is but for the other people, they have no excuse

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I legitimately had no idea Lean existed until people started memeing it for some reason

Really dunno why it's being memed honestly
You can thank a V-Tubee for that.

For those white asses who don't know, lean is a drug. A VERY easy to make one, and it can very easily **** up your life. Don't try it because of funny Carnage meme.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I legitimately had no idea Lean existed until people started memeing it for some reason

Really dunno why it's being memed honestly
There are so many "I love lean" memes on twotter showing up on my timeline, it makes me wanna slap someone so bad

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Very interesting they they chose to do daily announcements this year.

Maybe they break the formula and do have a presents on Sunday.

Or maybe they just drop a random trailer for something. If they don’t though, then we know that this is a year with no Gen 9, no 3rd game( because there’s nothing to do with that) and very likely it’s dlc.

Normally skipping a Pokémon Day announcement means third game, but I can’t see that. Ifnothing else, we know something is coming April.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Darkstalkers only recently caught my attention since I became interested in Fighting Games and the character designs are really cool so I'm glad it's finally getting a re-release, and now that it's on Steam it'll be available for generations to come
The character designs and the storyline is what got me interested in the Darkstalkers series.

Anyways, I've been seeing a load of comments speculating that Darkstalkers being a part of the Capcom Fighting Collection could be used to gauge interest for a potential sequel, something that Resurrections could not quite achieve.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Darkstalkers talk about eh?

It won't be complete until they add a Kushtaka-based character for if we ever get new installment or remaster/remake/update. I want an Otter Man god dammit!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Always has been.

Honestly curious if they **** up 3D Ken for the 3rd game in a row.

Oh yeah, the gamesView attachment 345785
Really looking forward to the Darkstalker games, from what I've heard they're very beloved fighting games and some of their characters have gone on to be fan favorites, but I've haven't gotten the chance to play them due to not having the consoles they were available in. Once it drops I'm definitely picking it up as I want to get to experience these characters in their home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom