• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Darkstalkers deserves a remake or at least a new game/sequel.

Also have other Capcom characters that fits Darkstalkers theme as guests like Dante, Sir Arthur, Firebrand and a Resident Evil rep.

Most of all though. One of their new characters based on a kushtaka.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 21.
Yesterday I talked abiut a black animator. Here's another one
1180w-600h-disney-legends-Floyd-Norman-1180x600.jpg

Meet Flyod Norman. I nabbed this pic because this is him working, but truth is
licensed-image.jpeg

He's very much still alive. History isn't as far away as you think.

Anyways, Norman is considered to be Disney's first major black animator. Whike Frank Braxton, who I covered yesterday, did work at Disney, truth is he got let go pretty early on and got more major gugs at WB and MGM. Anyways, Norman was born and raised in Santa Babara, California. His first major gig was making Mickey Mouse comics. After Walt's death in 1966, he would leave Disney, start up his own company, Vignette Films. Vignette Films made the first Fat Albert special, and did work on shows like Sesame Street and Soul Train. He would then return ti Disney, and work with Pixar, however, he was forced into retirement at age 65 despite living his craft. He's worked on many classic films that we loved today: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Monsters Inc, and many more. He now currently works as a freelancer

"I think the thought just never occurred to a lot of young black talent to apply for a job in the film industry," he says. "And it wasn't just Walt Disney. I'm sure the same thing happened at other film studios as well. There was a perception that opportunities were not available for people of color."​

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll be drawing this week's AMA in about an hour or so

In the meantime, if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
persona5r+smusictho

Ivander

Smash Legend

So when does the recasting of Wasp begin?

I hate anti-vaxxers so much...No respect for them.
Not sure if this is regarding the truckers' scenario. If not, just ignore me. If it is...
The truckers scenario is less anti-vax, since I've been hearing that just about all of the truckers are already vaccinated, and more anti-mandate. Which I do see some valid concerns about in regards to the treatment and jobs of people. Like, being vaccinated should be done for the protection of others' health, even if it's not 100% effective. And we should be doing our best to give as much knowledge and incentive to as many people as possible. And I also understand the fear of the truckers possibly becoming another Jan. 6th incident.

But the last thing we should be encouraging is the "For us or against us" mentality and ostracising people for having concerns or different takes. We should be doing our best to try and help those who are hesitant or have problems. People fear about the mandates only encouraging a "For us or against us" mentality and some people really are hesitant to getting a vaccine, whether because it's not 100% immunity, because they've been lied to or deceived or because some people are legitimately concerned with getting a vaccine.
And it's valid because vaccines aren't going to be fine for everyone. There are people who have had negative reactions to vaccines and the Covid vaccine is not any different. Some people actually can't get a 2nd vaccine because they've had a negative reaction to the 1st. These are people that we should really be helping and not ostracising just because they can't be fully vaccinated or are afraid to get hurt from the vaccine.

And firing people who aren't vaccinated is also not a good thing, especially essential workers, doctors and nurses. These are people who have been risking their lives trying to help us and give us what we need and firing them only reduces the amount of people trying to help us and makes the remaining ones more of a living hell trying to help us. Like as long as they are following guidelines and constantly being checked on, they should stay and keep helping. Firing them only does more bad than good when it's not just a burden for those who are fired, but also a burden for those still working.
----
God, ever since 2020, I've had the most negative reception to politics and the news media in general. The news media frickin' doing clickbait titles and not revealing all of the details or deliberately lying to suit their own agendas. And then the frickin' parties who use such scenarios and concerns to lift themselves up. Like Trudeau and the liberals are hypocritical when they did support groups like BLM, but aren't for the truckers, whether it's a fear of another Insurrection incident or because they can. But the Conservatives are far from better. They wanted Trudeau to deal with the truckers, so when he does what they wanted him to do, of course they 180 and take advantage of the negativity and response, since it's now Trudeau's problem.

I'm not sure what this is going to mean for the next voting thing, but all it makes me wish for is neither party winning and both getting a much deserved kicking to their mentalities. And it really ticks me off with the amount of "For us or against us" mentality that has been emerging from people in general, when this is really not what we should be doing in a pandemic. I understand being very frustrated about anti-vaxxers, but with this rising mentality of "For us or against us", it has become so important to not be dismissal and ignorant of the fears and problems of others and to encourage being cooperative and not be split apart.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

dunno how i feel about Ryu's look but i definitely prefer Luke's SF6 appearance
Not bad so far. Although I'm not really a fan of the RE Engine they've been using. My main issue often being the eyes. Like, why do alot of the characters look like they haven't had a night's sleep in days? It also doesn't help that some of their female characters with the engine tend to look way too same-y.

The eyes here look okay so far, but I hope the characters look notably different from each other, rather than what often looks like very similar faces.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't say this earlier but February 13 my neighbor's dog attacked ours. She's fine now but she had to get stiches in the chest (which will be removed next week).

Today animal control took their dog away. Their dog was just plain vicious.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So I was wrapping up the Balloon Race quests and this happened

My character started glowing and didn't stop until I started the Icelands Race. Pretty weird glitch.

Anyways, I've completed every quest bar the Shaymin and Darkrai quests as I lack the necessary save data for them. And with that I've completed nearly everything in the game (I still need to grind with Ginter to get the last Rotom appliance but I mean aaaaaa) So I guess I've technically completed the game, as I've got no idea what to do now other than grind or shiny hunt.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I was wrapping up the Balloon Race quests and this happened

My character started glowing and didn't stop until I started the Icelands Race. Pretty weird glitch.

Anyways, I've completed every quest bar the Shaymin and Darkrai quests as I lack the necessary save data for them. And with that I've completed nearly everything in the game (I still need to grind with Ginter to get the last Rotom appliance but I mean aaaaaa) So I guess I've technically completed the game, as I've got no idea what to do now other than grind or shiny hunt.
Yeah, that happened to me too.

Weird.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom