• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Eyo MooMew64 MooMew64 TheMightyP TheMightyP Noipoi Noipoi Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
I know you guys have been enjoying Legends Arceus, but they recently found some Unown text leftover in the code and I don't quite know what to make of it. Could you guys read it as well? I wanna see what you think.

The Unown image is here
Weird - trying to decipher this has gotten music from Chrono Trigger stuck in my head.

On a related note, I'd like to see an HD-2D re-release of Chrono Trigger (like Octopath Traveler or the remake of Dragon Quest III), though maybe the art style should be left alone. (either way, it seems weird that it isn't on the Switch in some form)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the 3DS Eshop shutdown looming, I figured I should try a Layton or Ace Attorney game.

Problem is I don’t know which is the best option for picking.

I suppose I could always pick the crossover and experience a bit of both.
For Ace Attorney, the original trilogy is a good starting point. The first three games are all very connected with an overarching story. A lot of what is done character wise with Phoenix and Maya in the Layton crossover is based on this. It’s mostly for fun references though so you could still enjoy the crossover first.

The later games follow on 7 years after the original 3. With their own story, but some of the stuff from the original trilogy is important for those game.

The story in the first 3 games is amazing though. The only other game to compete with those 3 is the second Edgeworth spin-off that has never been released outside of Japan. That might be the best or at least 2nd best entry in the franchise, but again you get a lot of benefits from the story being told ifChou play the first 3 games.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Buy the crossover, that game is exclusive to 3DS and it doesnt seem to be getting a port anytime soon, while most Layton and Ace attorney games already got ports on other stuff.
At least you can get a physical copy of Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.
Guys guess what...

I'm finally an uncle! My brother and sister-in-law brought a beautiful baby girl into this world earlier today. I have a niece! :D
Good luck at caring for your niece!

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm not staying up late for Capcom's announcement since I have work in the morning, but I do hope it's Street Fighter VI. Quite curious to see what direction they're taking the series in after all the trial and error involved in salvaging SFV over the years.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It has come to my attention that Big Nate has a show on Nick that is currently airing. So I just wanna say
Real ones knew it was better than Diary of a Wimpy Kid
I read neither so I am unable to agree or disagree
…Garfield tho

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just checked Amazon and YESH!
$96!?
Glad I bought it when it was new!
That's what i figured. Crossover games tend to get pricy after a while.

The fact that Capcom referenced this game in the 20th anniversary art for Ace Attorney makes me hopeful that it'll get ported to modern consoles someday, but until then it's stuck on the 3DS.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just checked Amazon and YESH!
$96!?
Glad I bought it when it was new!
Could be worse - I've been trying to find Skies of Arcadia Legends or Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, which are around $250 and $350 respectively and not available digitally. (Bomberman 64 was re-released on the Wii U, but the sequel wasn't)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Could be worse - I've been trying to find Skies of Arcadia Legends or Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, which are around $250 and $350 respectfully and not available digitally. (Bomberman 64 was re-released on the Wii U, but the sequel wasn't)
I remember when you could find Skies of Arcadia for around 15 dollars.
Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom