• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Backstory and lore regarding Gamera's and Gyaos' origin for my Gamera/Hilda crossover story. Taking cues from the Heisei Trilogy.

There was once an advanced ancient civilization, older then any that existed. Constantly they were attacked by giant sea monsters (I'm gonna have them be massive serpents based on jormungandr) so big even they couldn't defend themselves from them and so in response, the civilization created the Gyaos to combat these giant sea monsters, though successful, it was unfortunate though, the Gyaos soon turned on their creators and in a desperate attempt they had created Gamera but by the time they did it was too late, the ancient civilization as they know it was no more. Soon the Gyaos spread onto mainland devouring everything, the giants interfered immediately sparking an easy alliance with Gamera, together they slew what was left of the Gyaos. With the threat supposedly vanquished, Gamera returned to the ocean to the ruins of what was once the ancient civilization that created him.

These events being so frightening and fearful, races like the humans, trolls, elves, vittras, and such chose to wanting to forget it never being passed down aside from supposed myths and legends. Since that very day there was a reason before most had departed, one giant would sit atop the tallest mountain, which was a long-forgotten peak in the north at all times. On top, they would just sit and stare, being on "watch duty" for anything that might attack the Earth from up above. They were watching in case the Gyaos would ever return. When most of the giants were forced out of their world by humans, they knew the remaining few and Gamera would be there for if what they were watching for would come back. Unfortunately, at some point, there were Gyaos eggs that were laid that ended up hatching which eventually leads to the events and story of my Gamera/Hilda crossover.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
With the 3DS Eshop shutdown looming, I figured I should try a Layton or Ace Attorney game.

Problem is I don’t know which is the best option for picking.

I suppose I could always pick the crossover and experience a bit of both.
I mean, the Ace Attorney trilogy is available on everything but 4,5 and 6 are all on the eshop and nowhere else beyond phones, Layton however to my knowledge didn't have a neat collection for all the DS games. However, as an Ace Attorney fan, the games are simply fantastic, you should also try to get the DLC case for Dual Destinies as it's one of the best in the series

Gemini Elf

Child of the 1960s
Premium
After having read The Heist comic the-square-root-of-677 times to date, I decided to share it with my stepmother and 5-year-old grandson. :shyguy:

To them, it was not quite the best she has read but far from being the worst. I had to explain many of the references to her, for she is not a gamer. The typeface was a bit hard for them to read, too, so I pronounced some of the words for her. About the characters...my stepmother was unfamiliar with most characters here except for master TheMightyP TheMightyP , master MooMew64 MooMew64 , master Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , and possibly even master Shroob Shroob . My stepmother did mistake master Noipoi Noipoi and master Wademan94 Wademan94 as females, to which I corrected several times for that. So I explain the characters to them, and I even show her my cameo appearance.

That being said, they did get a decent laugh at specific points: pages 11-14, the Dragon Ball Z-esque scene, and even the scene where master Zinith Zinith shows up. My grandson particularly loved the 63rd page, as he is a Dragon Ball Z fan, though page 48 sorta got his attention due to bad word #2. Uh-huh, at five years old, he sometimes has a dirty mouth but he tends to get that from his father and grandmother. But I digress...

Their final rating...3 outta 5. Sorry, 'mon. My stepmother is not into the norms and values of social media and gaming any more than me; she enjoys stand-up comedy and movies that are older than even I am. This comic will always be a hit with me. I wanted to share this with them 'cause hitotsu, I was bored and futatsu, my stepmother tends to be cynical and grouchy, especially when she wakes up so I wanted to cheer her up somehow.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After having read The Heist comic the-square-root-of-677 times to date, I decided to share it with my stepmother and 5-year-old grandson. :shyguy:

To them, it was not quite the best she has read but far from being the worst. I had to explain many of the references to her, for she is not a gamer. The typeface was a bit hard for them to read, too, so I pronounced some of the words for her. About the characters...my stepmother was unfamiliar with most characters here except for master TheMightyP TheMightyP , master MooMew64 MooMew64 , master Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , and possibly even master Shroob Shroob . My stepmother did mistake master Noipoi Noipoi and master Wademan94 Wademan94 as females, to which I corrected several times for that. So I explain the characters to them, and I even show her my cameo appearance.

That being said, they did get a decent laugh at specific points: pages 11-14, the Dragon Ball Z-esque scene, and even the scene where master Zinith Zinith shows up. My grandson particularly loved the 63rd page, as he is a Dragon Ball Z fan, though page 48 sorta got his attention due to bad word #2. Uh-huh, at five years old, he sometimes has a dirty mouth but he tends to get that from his father and grandmother. But I digress...

Their final rating...3 outta 5. Sorry, 'mon. My stepmother is not into the norms and values of social media and gaming any more than me; she enjoys stand-up comedy and movies that are older than even I am. This comic will always be a hit with me. I wanted to share this with them 'cause hitotsu, I was bored and futatsu, my stepmother tends to be cynical and grouchy, especially when she wakes up so I wanted to cheer her up somehow.
3 outta 5 is way more than it deserves, so I’ll take it!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I picked up Pushmo and Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask, so I think I'm good when it comes to full 3DS games. (I have the Ace Attorney Trilogy; not sure if I'll just stick with that rather than getting the others, since I'm still only partway through the second game)

For reference, this is my 3DS's menu, though I moved some games out of the way such as Picross titles or virtual console games that I got in a collection later (River City Ransom and Kirby's Dream Land 2)

Not sure if I'm missing anything major, though I'm not including physical games like Metroid Samus Returns, Dragon Quest 8, Smash Bros., Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, etc.

The only things I'm considering at the moment are the DLCs for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright that adds the other two storylines, but I'm not sure if that would be worth getting.

EDIT: double-checked the Wii U's eShop, and I think I'm good on that front.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well, just finished all 148 episodes of Hunter x Hunter.

Great show, but they got 2 arcs it didn't adapt, so surely they're gonna go back and adapt them 😀😀😀
Glad you enjoyed it

Who was your favorite character?
Oh, it's intense and chronic huh? The way people put it it seemed like he wasn't really hurting at all and was more lazy than in pain.
The manga industry has some brutal working conditions and the dude's been hard at work since at least 89. You'd think more people would see it after Miura's death

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So the end of the fire force manga just happened when there are Soul Eater characters as kids shown at the end

I need a nap
With the 3DS Eshop shutdown looming, I figured I should try a Layton or Ace Attorney game.

I was about to say just get PLvsAA

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I mean, the Ace Attorney trilogy is available on everything but 4,5 and 6 are all on the eshop and nowhere else beyond phones, Layton however to my knowledge didn't have a neat collection for all the DS games. However, as an Ace Attorney fan, the games are simply fantastic, you should also try to get the DLC case for Dual Destinies as it's one of the best in the series
Wait there's that many Ace Attorney games on the eShop? I was thinking about holding off for the physical Trilogy on Switch, but if they're all already in one place...

Hopefully they'll come on sale again. lol

KillerCage

Smash Master

I think all of the Layton games can be bought physically.
That's not the case for the Ace Attorney games.
Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are eShop exclusive (including the DLC cases.)
I think the Apollo Justice port is also eShop exclusive.
At least you can play the Phoenix Wright Trilogy on the Switch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait there's that many Ace Attorney games on the eShop? I was thinking about holding off for the physical Trilogy on Switch, but if they're all already in one place...

Hopefully they'll come on sale again. lol
3ds has the trilogy, Apollo Justice HD (which got announced after I got my physical copy that cost more money than any other Ace Attorney content on 3ds grumble grumble) and the 3ds duology which has yet to see any release outside of phones. Only games not there are the Investigations games of which I believe the first one's on phones or secondhand ds copies and AAI2 never got localized but is easily the high point of the franchise with a fantranslation that may as well be official due to it's quality. That, and the 3ds versions of Great Ace Attorney never made it to the west but are luckily available on all modern systems.

Also, as was already stated, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice only ever got physical releases in Japan. Hell, they only got localized in English here in Europe much to many a fan's dismay

Reactions: ---

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
guys I just barely dodged a bullet getting scammed thinking I was getting a job. I gave them info but only stuff they could find on my social media accounts so I think I’m safe, no bank details or ID or security stuff.

is it a good idea to mess with them or should I do nothing and leave them hanging? I kinda wanna mess with them but idk surely they wouldn’t enact irl violence though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
guys I just barely dodged a bullet getting scammed thinking I was getting a job. I gave them info but only stuff they could find on my social media accounts so I think I’m safe, no bank details or ID or security stuff.

is it a good idea to mess with them or should I do nothing and leave them hanging? I kinda wanna mess with them but idk surely they wouldn’t enact irl violence though.
Why would an employer be asking for you social media info?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why would an employer be asking for you social media info?
They weren’t, just it was stuff they could get from Facebook I think (yes I use Facebook though I usually just share art I made with people I know and barely much else), or at least my brother thought so. So I think I’m safe. Like address and zipcode and stuff.

It was stupid tbh, they said they would send the supplies I needed but then wanted me to pay for it with a check they sent me instead of just doing it themself. Didn’t cash the check or send them anything so it’s all good I think.

I’m new to this so yeah glad my brother was there and I couldn’t really do what they wanted without my Dad’s help anyway.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It was stupid tbh, they said they would send the supplies I needed but then wanted me to pay for it with a check they sent me instead of just doing it themself. Didn’t cash the check or send them anything so it’s all good I think.
This sounds a bit ****ing Sus to me, ngl

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In real world news, Queen Elizabeth tested positive for COVID.
I don't follow much on the Royal family news, but I do hope she will be able to recover from this.

Other than that even though I don't live in England, I really do question whether it is the right decision to remove several of the restrictions that include wearing a mask and scrapping self-isolation at this time?

But then again, the UK goverment is pretty much in a bad spotlight considering that they held parties during lockdown whilst everyone throughout the country had to follow the guidelines in which the government had set these rules and decided that these do not apply to them.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Eyo MooMew64 MooMew64 TheMightyP TheMightyP Noipoi Noipoi Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
I know you guys have been enjoying Legends Arceus, but they recently found some Unown text leftover in the code and I don't quite know what to make of it. Could you guys read it as well? I wanna see what you think.

The Unown image is here

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lucina:
  • Has been Peppa Pig's mortal enemy.
  • Thinks Meta-Knight is cute.
  • Has a notable "friendship" with the goddess Palutena.
  • Is Spiderman's girlfriend.
  • Has a job at Hooters.
  • Has said the darnest things and drinks a lot.
At this point, Lucina not having the most random memes would be the fever dream.
Lucina probably has one of the strangest internet histories out of any Nintendo character at this point.

You'd be too if you had a parasitic fungus on your back telling you to "kill them all".
So you're saying the mushroom is Dimitri?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Buy the crossover, that game is exclusive to 3DS and it doesnt seem to be getting a port anytime soon, while most Layton and Ace attorney games already got ports on other stuff.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom