• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I had to take a guess, Legends and Traditional are gonna be cocurrent series.

So they don't exhaust the Legends format like they did with the traditional. And keep traditional fans happy.
Man, imagine being this boring /s

No but really, after hearing a lot of people go "Im never going back" and THE pokemon streamer Shofu say "We never going back" i think it would be smart to not go back. At least keep the Legends format while still being trditional, please GF im begging you. Legends made me like pokemon again, dont **** it up

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Traditional Pokemon is sticking around because of competitive and stuff like that.

Not to mention they wouldn't want to completely alienate casual players and traditional Pokemon fans.

Not to mention, it makes buttloads of coin.

My bet is gen 9 drops late this year/late next year, and it's back to the usual Pokemon stuff. But in a couple years we'll get Legends Necrozma or something.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man, imagine being this boring /s

No but really, after hearing a lot of people go "Im never going back" and THE pokemon streamer Shofu say "We never going back" i think it would be smart to not go back. At least keep the Legends format while still being trditional, please GF im begging you. Legends made me like pokemon again, dont **** it up
I legitimately can't go back

As in I haven't enjoyed a traditional Pokémon game since I played USUM in 2018

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Traditional Pokemon is sticking around because of competitive and stuff like that.

Not to mention they wouldn't want to completely alienate casual players and traditional Pokemon fans.

Not to mention, it makes buttloads of coin.

My bet is gen 9 drops late this year/late next year, and it's back to the usual Pokemon stuff. But in a couple years we'll get Legends Necrozma or something.
Wouldn't Legends Gen 5 be on the table?

'Cause Arceus does a lot of Gen 5 teasing from what little spoilers I know about late game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, maybe Legends fans not turning back to the mainline games can be a good thing if both styles continue forward.

GameFreak would be free to make main games friendly for kids and casual players without getting backlash and Legends can get more experimental if it has a dedicated fanbase.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seriously though, as much as I love the prospect of exploring historical settings in Pokémon, the idea of the Legends formula being exclusive to them is kinda lame.

Give me a whole new regional dex to play around with

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A Legends Original Dragon would be cool. Maybe in like an old timey, wild west Unova.

Though I dunno how i'd feel about going back in time in America as a black guy 🤔
They could just ignore real history, but that may not the way to go.

One interesting idea would be if it took place in the actual future. High tech cities, large landscapes, and maybe science brings back the original dragon, causing destruction in the region.

Like imagine a post apocalyptic Unova where they lost the pokedex and other facets of science, resulting in you needed to help save the region/world from destruction.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Seriously though, as much as I love the prospect of exploring historical settings in Pokémon, the idea of the Legends formula being exclusive to them is kinda lame.

To be fair, it's probably not very easy to make an open world map like this while also adding a lot of Pokemon designed to move dynamically on it.

There's a reason SMT V also didn't have a ton of (new) demons.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The one thing I was thinking is how cool would it be to be in a new region, exploring with this gameplay style, and coming across something you’ve never seen before.

You don’t know what type it is, you don’t know if it’s friendly or hostile, you won’t even know it’s lore until you do some research tasks. You just gotta figure it out.

But I realize it’s a bit of a pipe dream.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero
To be fair, it's probably not very easy to make an open world map like this while also adding a lot of Pokemon designed to move dynamically on it.

There's a reason SMT V also didn't have a ton of (new) demons.
Then they should put less old Pokémon in there. Go back to how things were in Gens 3 and 4.

Like would anyone miss that mf Charizard for instance?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also planning my team for Legends Kyurem without repeating mons from old teams sounds way too hard

tf you mean I can't use six Chandelure?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People are acting like the next game being traditional would mean no more Legends style games ever.

I think alternating between the two would help keep both series fresh. Do you guys really want Legends games released semi-annually until we all get burned out on them?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Then they should put less old Pokémon in there. Go back to how things were in Gens 3 and 4.

I mean... they put fewer old Pokemon in SwSh and people were less than enthused.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are acting like the next game being traditional would mean no more Legends style games ever.

I think alternating between the two would help keep both series fresh. Do you guys really want Legends games released semi-annually until we all get burned out on them?
If Pokemon’s really gotta be annual, I’d prefer if Legends games just kinda came out…whenever.

Not on a set schedule, just whenever one is ready to go. It’d keep things exciting.

I understand the people who are burned out by traditional Pokémon, but I enjoy the basic formula enough. I could stomach a couple years of standard Pokémon until the next Legends is ready.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The only problem I have with going to the old style are the inevitable posts saying stuff like "Why did they go back to the ****ty old style of gameplay instead of making it like legends" completely ignoring the fact that the games were probably in development at the same time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I can live without him being in some games but I do miss him.

...It's okay. We'll get a Legends Mew eventually. The Zard doesn't have to be in Legends Kyurem or Legends Rayquaza.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only problem I have with going to the old style are the inevitable posts saying stuff like "Why did they go back to the ****ty old style of gameplay instead of making it like legends" completely ignoring the fact that the games were probably in development at the same time.
What I don't understand is how it took Pokemon fans 25 years to notice how much they hate Pokemon's gameplay.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbg, Legends is not the type of game that can be pumoed out anually like that.

That said though, I have three hopes that PLA has that carries over to the traditional games.

1. Faster battle system
2. No Trade Evolutions
3. Replace Gyms. They're ****ing boring now.
Also keep Effort Levels, IVs and EVs were a horrible system that made me feel like my Pokémon were useless.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbg, Legends is not the type of game that can be pumoed out anually like that.

That said though, I have three hopes that PLA has that carries over to the traditional games.

1. Faster battle system
2. No Trade Evolutions
3. Replace Gyms. They're ****ing boring now.
I still want the seamless wild battles, it feels so much better than the long battle intro every time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly Gen 9 should keep the open world or open area design, but make each part connected. Keep the mission system to, and throw in some exclusive things to encourage people to do them. Then leave stuff like an ancient world and the agile/strong style for legends games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom