• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
"Hey, this person Konata is one of the most reliable Yoshi artists on Twitter that I may or may not have used several pics as avatars before. I wonder what they made lately--"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Apparently the chances of one spawning increase if you just leave your character standing around.

Idling for 40 minutes makes the odds around 50% I believe.
I got 3 in like 30 minutes running around aimlessly on Wyrdeer the other night.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Plush toys are amazing so it just shows that you know how to treat yourself.
I have one for every Eevee. DK and Diddy. A classic Pooh. Baby and Foxy from FNaF. Blue from Blue’s Clues. Bugs Bunny. The Cat in the Hat. Horton the Elephant. And those Jinjo plushies from fan gamer. And I am always looking out for more plushies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have one for every Eevee. DK and Diddy. A classic Pooh. Baby and Foxy from FNaF. Blue from Blue’s Clues. Bugs Bunny. The Cat in the Hat. Horton the Elephant. And those Jinjo plushies from fan gamer. And I am always looking out for more plushies.
I don't have all the plush toys I had as a kid but I always keep the ones people bring as souvenirs from travels. So far, I have a teddy bear from England and two different camels from Tunus and Israel.

I also have an Eeyore plush and a few Pokemon ones, Poliwhirl, Psyduck and Gengar.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have no excuse for this.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Drake race:

1644762413121.png

“I Am Drake Yam. YoU wAnT eVERytHinG? I bEaT ThEm DooOoOoOoOwN!”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Canaanite mythology. The god of the sea and primordial chaos, often described as a serpent. His name means “sea”. Being the untamed and raging champion of El, he holds a grudge against Baal, the son of Dagon. His palace is in the abyss of the oceans. He rules over the storms and even gods, briefly. In order to rise to power, Baal had to defeat Yam with the help of his allies such as Astarte and Anat. Yam’s ultimate fate is unclear.

Skills: Concentrate, Glacial Blast, Bufubarion, Energy Drain

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Vile race.

Yam is usually localized as Ym in SMT. He’s an archetypical Chaoskampf figure, a dragon of chaos that needs to be beaten by a hero to establish order, just like Tiamat. I think he really deserves to be in more titles, to be honest, because you can never have too many phallic demons. Admittedly, his connection to this look is a bit loose but the way he’s enveloped in a man-o-war is pretty cool. His wands are possible references to his dual nature but I’m not exactly sure.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So apparently Netflix is removing their Marvel shows this month, including the ones made for the service.

I wonder where they’ll go.
Disney Star or Hulu are my best bets to where the rest of the Netflix Marvels shows will be.

So I'm changing pfp to Chito from Girls Last Tour for this week............................maybe. Still a brilliant watch the show is.

And I also bought this gem today since I was thinking about it the other week:

View attachment 344980

This'll be interesting.
Trauma Center was so much fun back on the Nintendo DS and Wii days.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see what trailers will be shown during Superbowl in which I probably expect another trailer for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and possibly Moon Knight to be there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm thinking again after being lucky with Trauma Center to see about getting a few more DS games:

Elite Beat Agents
Hotel Dusk
Lost in Blue
Pac'n'Roll
Race Driver Create and Race
Ridge Racer DS.

Outside of that, I'm not really gonna be getting anything before current gen (PS4/Xbox One I mean). Maybe spare £50 for the Vita or get a Neo Geo Pocket or Dreamcast for triple that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

I am starting to like the Columbo memes so I've been watching the clips from the shows.

I really see why its a classic.

Still funny how I've only learned about it from an Adam Sandler film years ago.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of me and my ******
BHM: Day 13.
DrewBEManPic.jpg

Meet Andrew Augustin. Growing up, je loved Disney Movies, and was inspired to make comics and small animations in high school, which caught attention of local artists and businesses. He would land his first gig at EA, working for the Sims 3 Pets, designing over 400 characters.

He would kater find his own company, Notion Games LLC.

“I felt gaming would be the best move for me, since it could show my artwork and bring my creations to life with sound, world-design, and player interaction"
Of course, things aren't easy for him. With no funding at all, he has to work a lot of jobs to make ends with his wife. He also graduated college (University of Texas) in a unique way

“I essentially skipped the need to have a bachelor’s degree, made it into a post-grad program, and received a post-baccalaureate certificate. It was far from the traditional way, but it worked out in the end.”
Of course, there is one thing he'd like to see the most: A familiar face. Aka, a person of melanin in his field (Noticing a common theme here?)

“With me being one of the latest designers, creating and getting the projects out, it allows people to see that we can create outside of music and film." "If we don’t share our success stories, who will?” “Exposure is crucial to uplifting and inspiring other members of the community to achieve great things in their lives.”
Site

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looking forward to being able to play King of Fighters 15 tomorrow, though it's a shame that some of the leaks apparently wound up being fake; despite a leak accurately listing every single character in the base roster and both of the DLC teams, it seems like Rugal Bernstein isn't in the game despite what the leak listed; I was looking forward to seeing how he'd be interpreted, considering that he kind of got screwed by getting killed off in the second game in the series, and he was revived in KOF14 along with a bunch of other characters.

I think I'm going to start off with Team Fatal Fury, though I'm interested to mix and match the teams to see if there's any bonus for playing as teams from older games, like Ryo, Robert, and Yuri, or Heidern, Ralf, and Clark, or King, Mai, and Yuri.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I defeated Arceus.

This game is the ****ing best and they better not leave this as a one off.
GF: "sorry, couldnt hear you" * procreds to make the boring traditional pokemon next*
If I had to take a guess, Legends and Traditional are gonna be cocurrent series.

So they don't exhaust the Legends format like they did with the traditional. And keep traditional fans happy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If I had to take a guess, Legends and Traditional are gonna be cocurrent series.

So they don't exhaust the Legends format like they did with the traditional. And keep traditional fans happy.
This is the ideal scenario IMO.

I adore Legends, and I get people who got burned from SwSh don't want this new formula taken away from them, but at the same time...

I still like traditional Pokémon, too. It's a very different beast from Legends, and we're just gonna run into a Paper Mario scenario again if you just try to throw everything about the old out and never touch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom