• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Is this the same comic where Felicia Says MJ has a dump truck of an ass compared to hers? And I'm not posting the pic, but Felica in that comic has quite the...

Are we sure Peter Parker is the relatable superhero? I thought he was suppossed to be a loser, this is unrealistic as hell.
He is a loser in that if he ever gets into a relationship that person is now at risk and responsibility will inevitably take precedence over his love interests.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is this the same comic where Felicia Says MJ has a dump truck of an ass compared to hers? And I'm not posting the pic, but Felica in that comic has quite the...

Are we sure Peter Parker is the relatable superhero? I thought he was suppossed to be a loser, this is unrealistic as hell.
Tbh that was a thing since the original run. As for why?
IMG_20220127_080303.jpg

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I am currently trying to plan my team for Pokémon Legends Arceus

Only members I'm sure about are Decidueye and Garchomp, everything else is up in the air but I do want a balanced team which is damn near impossible since most of the cool new mons are physical attackers

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't go into Pokemon games knowing exactly what my team will be, I chose my started beforehand, maybe a few others, but I mostly like to pick Pokemon up on a whim. I already have 4 Pokemon I think will be part of my Arceus team (Typhlosion, Empoleon, Electivire, and Ursaluna, which only leaves two improv slots. A little disappointing but whatever.
I think it's technically needed for the application but there may be a work around for it (that's moreso ThirdKoopa's thing).

I do know that your name doesn't really matter after that and you definitely don't have to show it to people publicly for articles. Some writers have their real life face/name on the bottom of articles but that is not needed at all.
Ok, good to know.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don’t know how many of you watch book of boba fett but just watched the latest episode and wow it was awesome
It seems ironic that the best episode of the Book of Boba Fett (at least in my opinion) doesn't even have Boba Fett in it outside of the "previously on..." segment.

D

Deleted member

Dammit I missed the Charizard bashing.

One more day until Arceus, getting pretty excited. Still not quite sure what my team's gonna be, but I'll defintely go with Cyndaquil.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Who's that Pokemon?

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

1643295127925.png

“I’m Night Khyah! Nice to meet you! Let’s have lots and lots of fun!”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Nepalese mythology. An ape-like humanoid creature in Newari folklore. It is usually depicted as fat, hairy and short. A white Khyah will bring good fortune to homes while a black one creates trouble. If they are malevolent, they can make people ill or tickle them to death. Some of them are the attendants of the goddess Lakshmi and guard her coin bags. Creatures of dark, Khyahs dwell in dark corners and are afraid of electric light.

Skills: Zan, Pulinpa, Hama, Trafuri

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Kishin race.

ATLUS West always translates this demon as “Cyak” for reasons completely incomprehensible to me. Anyway, Khyahs are supposed to be the more benevolent counterparts of the Kawacha. Considering both them and Lakshmi are series mainstays, it’s a bit weird these little guys didn’t make more appearances. I think making them floating furballs is taking a little too much liberty but it certainly fits the dark, short, and hairy part. It’s obvious that this particular version is one of the mischievous ones and certainly looks like it can tickle someone until they die for fun. It’s genuinely disturbing for such a “cute” design.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There is a rumor that if you eat the whole bottle you turn into an omnipotent being capable of rivaling even Farmer with a Shotgun. Provided you survive the transformation, of course…
Me transforming after eating a whole bottle
Rabbit-Shooting-a-Gun-102745.jpg

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I submitted my application for the writing team. As a chronic worrier, all I can think of right now is that I made a huge mistake that makes me absolutely worthless.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Who's that Pokemon?

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

View attachment 343707

“I’m Night Khyah! Nice to meet you! Let’s have lots and lots of fun!”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Nepalese mythology. An ape-like humanoid creature in Newari folklore. It is usually depicted as fat, hairy and short. A white Khyah will bring good fortune to homes while a black one creates trouble. If they are malevolent, they can make people ill or tickle them to death. Some of them are the attendants of the goddess Lakshmi and guard her coin bags. Creatures of dark, Khyahs dwell in dark corners and are afraid of electric light.

Skills: Zan, Pulinpa, Hama, Trafuri

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Kishin race.

ATLUS West always translates this demon as “Cyak” for reasons completely incomprehensible to me. Anyway, Khyahs are supposed to be the more benevolent counterparts of the Kawacha. Considering both them and Lakshmi are series mainstays, it’s a bit weird these little guys didn’t make more appearances. I think making them floating furballs is taking a little too much liberty but it certainly fits the dark, short, and hairy part. It’s obvious that this particular version is one of the mischievous ones and certainly looks like it can tickle someone until they die for fun. It’s genuinely disturbing for such a “cute” design.
Fawful, is that you?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shoutouts to my parents getting be some GameStop giftcards so I don't go bankrupt buying PLA.

I wish I can get it physically but there's no GameStop where I'm at in college and I can't get it delivered to my house since I won't be there. I guess digital will make do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Shoutouts to my parents getting be some GameStop giftcards so I don't go bankrupt buying PLA.

I wish I can get it physically but there's no GameStop where I'm at in college and I can't get it delivered to my house since I won't be there. I guess digital will make do.
Shoutout to MightyPs parents, they the real ones

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is my 6 dream team for Legends Arceus tomorrow
Starter: Rowlet (been choosing grass types and not stopping)
Gardevoir: psychic/fairy with sp atk and sp def.
Lucario or (undecided) pokémon: Fighting type for offense
Lopanny or bibarel: normal type that are flexible for stats
Mawile or other: Steel type with good Defense. Also to cover fairy type weakness against poison and steel.
Staraptor: Flying type

They may change depending on the situation and the Alpha Pokémon.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My copy of Pokemon Legends Arceus isn't estimated to arrive until the 31st.

I'm a massive pokemon fan so I'd be more bothered by this but Monday is my day off so honestly it all works out. Still jelly of all of you guys who get to play it tomorrow though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tomorrow comes out...

Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild.

Sigh...

Can this franchise just go extinct already? Please?

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly after Ice Age Collision Course, I can say that the series has reached its end. At this point, I'm worried for it and others that have it extended with lost of interest overtime.
Screenshot_20220118-122058_YouTube.jpg

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm getting Arceus tomorrow, but I won't be able to play it until like 4:00 PM. It'll be a long day.

Tomorrow comes out...

Ice Age: Adventures of Buck Wild.

Sigh...

Can this franchise just go extinct already? Please?
Just don't watch it if you don't want to. It's not like you're locked in your chair, with Disney forcing you to watch a new ****ty ice age show.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just don't watch it if you don't want to. It's not like you're locked in your chair, with Disney forcing you to watch a new ****ty ice age show.
I think it's been established at this point that if Mike is personally sick of a long running series, it's time to discard it, never mind the younger audiences that the stuff is actually geared towards who happen to enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom