• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just saw the PLA leaks:

-Of the Hisuian starters, I like Samurott the most at the moment. It could've used a few more tweaks, but it clicks with me as a design more than the other two. That said, Decidueye is growing on me and I'm sure Typhlosion will look better in motion since the original version also needed its flames to look good as well.
-I like the new Basculin form, but I don't like that it seems to be needed to get either Basculegion. The Magenta Stripe one was perfect for the original two, I don't see why they had to make it exclusive from them.
-Compared to how cute they made Voltorb, Electrode feels dull by comparison. Maybe the animations will sell it, but so far it's the most boring of the new forms.
-The new Ursaring form/evolution I find oddly cute, and I like that they differentiated it by putting it on all fours as all of the bears Pokemon have been bipedal (or sleeping).
-Lilligant I prefer the older design, but the Hisuian form is fine.
-While I do like the addition of the shell, Sliggoo and Goodra are a little too similar to their originals. They both could've used different colors or other minor differences.
-The new Sneasel form feels too basic as well. I get what they're going for, but it doesn't feel like a true step up like Weavile did.
-Arcanine is not as fluffy as it was, but it still looks good and probably one of my favorites out of this batch. I would've went for a lighter grey though.
-Not much to say on the Qwilfish evo, it looks good.
-I'm not sure how I feel about Avalugg's big ice jaw, but I like the color scheme and thematic so it more than evens out.
-New genie looks good, and I like the Therian form a lot even if it doesn't dethrone Thundurus-T for me. I like how they used Xuan Wu and the original Force of Nature designs and gave it their own spin for both of these forms.
-Like Sneasel I get what they're going for with the new Dialga/Palkia forms, but they look really messy. Palkia looks strange without arms and I don't know what is going on with Dialga.

All in all, a mixed batch. I'm still looking forward to getting the game and hopefully like most 3D Pokemon games their animations bring the ones I don't like to life.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, how many Pokémon get new evolutions? Excluding the ones we know about already.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So around what we’ve been getting in recent tens. Not to bad. If the designs are good then I’m fine with that. Which so far Hisuian Zoroark has been probably my favorite regional so far. It’s perfect in every aspect.
It's the best looking one, the other new forms are kinda... Well some of them look okay but a lot of them just look weird.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
We got names for the new Pokemon

Sneasler
Overqwil is goated though

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thats..it? Man even I don't like sword shield but I wouldn't hate to do for it lol what a weird reason to hate someone
It happens; Yoshio Sakamoto directed both Super Metroid and Metroid Other M, and yet it seems like people mainly remember him for the second one. (though it likely didn't help that he also produced Metroid Other M and came up with the story, so it seemed like his involvement was heavier in that one)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Landorus signature move :)

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will need to see more as well as official artwork, buy I can't say that I like any of the new forms/mons that were leaked. Maybe it's the in-game art style/shading IDK.

Also those "two" new forms. What the heck is going on there? :crazy:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Come to think of it, it's pretty weird how new generation evolutions always have part of their previous form's name (Onix to Steelix, Yanma to Yanmega, Basculin to Basculegion, etc), but same-gen evolution lines usually don't (such as Geodude to Graveler, Spinerak to Ariados, and Frillish to Jellicent).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You're right but this is the Pokemon fandom we're talking about. All they see is red
It wouldnt be this way if they would just stop spamming Charizard.

We got names for the new Pokemon

Sneasler
Overqwil is goated though
Those dont even sound like Pokemon names, those sound like Yokai.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Ice types mad buffed

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It wouldnt be this way if they would just stop spamming Charizard.
Charizard is orange. He's also top 4 most popular mons, so of course they'd overutilize him.
Dude

They buffed Ice types

finally, being a Glaceon fan will pay off
I wonder if the changes will carry on for gen 9, because if that's the case Entry Hazards would be getting a nerf

Also, kinda surprised Hail doesn't boost Ice Types.

D

Deleted member

Man, ever since GF started doing simultanous international releases, they can't catch a break with the games getting leaked. I wonder if this is a new record though.

And to "celebrate" the occasion, going for a Pokemon avatar for once.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Charizard is orange. He's also top 4 most popular mons, so of course they'd overutilize him.

I wonder if the changes will carry on for gen 9, because if that's the case Entry Hazards would be getting a nerf

Also, kinda surprised Hail doesn't boost Ice Types.
Wow, i'm surprised the whole Pokemon Red version jab just flew over your head.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wow, i'm surprised the whole Pokemon Red version jab just flew over your head.
Oh.
Uh ****.

So Centro was wrong, Ohmori isn't directing PLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom