• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
By the time this movie comes out the Race War would be over

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sees Pokemon Legends spoilers comes out:

Me: "Ah it's not out until Friday, that's fine..................................****. IT'S NEXT FRIDAY!"

a63.png

Guess I'm gonna have to do some music ripping in case of another purge then. ****.

Hey @Ramen Tengoku , sign me up for another one of those interrogation things pls.
Guess I'll have to go 30 questions for you then boyo.

I'll hope to go for 30. 30 Anime Questions!

Man, ever since GF started doing simultanous international releases, they can't catch a break with the games getting leaked. I wonder if this is a new record though.

And to "celebrate" the occasion, going for a Pokemon avatar for once.
Always glad to see you visit Taigiry. How have you been keeping these days?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…of course they would during these times…

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I believe that Lupita N'yongo was among those who had been tested positive.

In other news, French actor Gaspel Ulliel who was casted as a villain role in Marvel Studios upcoming Disney+ show Moon Knight has sadly passed away today following a ski accident.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So if my calculations add up:
  • The Director for PLA's only directing job was with UsUm. He had no involvement with BDSP and LG, and had a smaller role in SwSh
  • Ultra was released in November 2017, meaning the game has likely gone gold before then
  • This interview here has hinted on PLA multiple times. Masuda and Ohmori were invokved with LG, SWSH, and BDSP, but are more hands off with PLA. This interview was also in 2017, August 2017 so the Ultra was likely near completion or gone gold.
  • SwSh was developed immediately after SuMo in 2016. Assuming that this remains true, PLA has been in at least the planning since 2017. In fact, it could've hit development since late 2017.
What I'm saying is that PLA has probably been in development for at least 4 years

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So if my calculations add up:
  • The Director for PLA's only directing job was with UsUm. He had no involvement with BDSP and LG, and had a smaller role in SwSh
  • Ultra was released in November 2017, meaning the game has likely gone gold before then
  • This interview here has hinted on PLA multiple times. Masuda and Ohmori were invokved with LG, SWSH, and BDSP, but are more hands off with PLA. This interview was also in 2017, August 2017 so the Ultra was likely near completion or gone gold.
  • SwSh was developed immediately after SuMo in 2016. Assuming that this remains true, PLA has been in at least the planning since 2017. In fact, it could've hit development since late 2017.
What I'm saying is that PLA has probably been in development for at least 4 years
It's almost like giving a game more time in the oven is (usually) a good thing.

REALLY hoping this game takes off. I wanna see more ambitious stuff like this from them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's almost like giving a game more time in the oven is (usually) a good thing.

REALLY hoping this game takes off. I wanna see more ambitious stuff like this from them.
Nah, it's taking off regardless. it's Pokemon first and foremost.

But they really put it all out there, so I really hope this beats out all the Pokemon games on Switch. No disrespect, they're fine as is but I want their ambition to go rewarded.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

But they really put it all out there, so I really hope this beats out all the Pokemon games on Switch. No disrespect, they're fine as is but I want their ambition to go rewarded.
I wonder if the plan is to grow the Pokemon dev teams.

Like, PLA's team keeps making more Legends games that aim at being bolder and more ambitious, ILCA focuses on remakes and maybe eventually remastering the 3DS games, and SwSh team continues OG formula.

NGL that would be really smart if they did that.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So with Pokemon Legend Leaks, Activision being bought by Microsoft and Banjo-Kazooie finally coming to NSO, Horizon Forbidden West's story trailer has dropped.

And.....................it looks ok? Looks nice and the concept of robot dinosaurs in a ruined San Francisco is always amazing but now for me its dropped from "Day 1 easy" to "Maybe a few months down the line.".

Owe to the game for being the one to really get me into photography within gaming at least and I would replay the first one were it not for how pissy the currency and fast travel systems are.

They should just shut the project down and wait a few years until they can revisit it completely fresh or return to Wakanda in a clever take. It's just when?

I kinda just want the MCU to try and condense the storylines a bit first than anything. One of the things why the D+ shows is just a bit annoying since they will tie in.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Come to think of it, it's pretty weird how new generation evolutions always have part of their previous form's name (Onix to Steelix, Yanma to Yanmega, Basculin to Basculegion, etc), but same-gen evolution lines usually don't (such as Geodude to Graveler, Spinerak to Ariados, and Frillish to Jellicent).
Wyrdeer?
Man, ever since GF started doing simultanous international releases, they can't catch a break with the games getting leaked. I wonder if this is a new record though.
I remember the entire Unova Pokedex getting leaked as well, and that was the last gen before simultaneous releases.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Khu said that shiny's are on the overworld, however...

Nobody's seen a shiny
I saw that rumor, but pre release people speculated the dex pages having achievements could be a new shiny mechanic and I am curious if that will be the case.
Lmao apparently you can get jumped by multiple mons at once

Run
This is already a thing though:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Like, PLA's team keeps making more Legends games that aim at being bolder and more ambitious, ILCA focuses on remakes and maybe eventually remastering the 3DS games, and SwSh team continues OG formula.

In an alternate universe, GameFreak did both BDSP and PLA.

PLA would go down as the worst game of all time.
I saw that rumor, but pre release people speculated the dex pages having achievements could be a new shiny mechanic and I am curious if that will be the case.
There is confirmation that finding a shiny Ponyta is a part of a mission, so maybe some are guaranteed?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn you WarnerMedia when it comes to DC
They should just shut the project down and wait a few years until they can revisit it completely fresh or return to Wakanda in a clever take. It's just when?

I kinda just want the MCU to try and condense the storylines a bit first than anything. One of the things why the D+ shows is just a bit annoying since they will tie in.
project won’t be shut down, merely either delayed or retooled (just like everything else in life). Ant-Man, Multiverse of Madness/No Way Home, GOTG Vol.3, Love and Thunder, and almost Civil War (since they had 2 versions of the movie depending on if Spidey could be used or not) have all gone through these things and came out perfectly fine. Never backfired whatsoever…

…not counting the currently not canon Inhumans cause **** that

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Imagine thinking Sword and shield is "Fine as it is" lol

Not to sound clout chasy but imo they should've canned it after Chadwick died.

They should can it now simply because wtf is going on, I don't think they got a solid day of shooting.
The easy solution is too just recast, other series do it.

But when has Gamefreak ever been smart? Have you SEEN Palkia's new form? Whoever designed that has got some screws loose lol
And if ILCA are going to make more games, i hope they get rid of the EXP share, this series isnt built for it as shown by how extrememly easy all the fight in BDSP were.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Entire dex got already leaked but I can't find where to find all of it.
Anyone know if the entire Hisui dex has leaked? And if so, if Bulbasaur or Eevee are in the game?

A lot better these days, thanks for asking.
Eevee at least is hard confirmed, the entire line is in the game, including Sylveon. No idea on Bulbasaur or Skitty.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Playing YGO Master Duel. I'm not really that far into it but I can already say it's looking pretty nice. At least visually and through gameplay.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Honestly, I’d either switch the focus onto Okoye or shelf the project
I did hear that Winston Duke's character is going to play a massive role in Wakanda Forever after he (Winston) recieved a hefty pay raise.

All I am going to say is that whilst I am still sad that Chadwick Boseman had passed away two years ago, it will always be a challenge to produce a Black Panther sequel without his presence, since he is the one that made the film so special. Guess we will have to wait and see how the plot of the sequel turns out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Definitely going to try and use Master Duel engine over fanmade stuff like YGO/Edopro or any of the other unofficial Yugioh sims. This one's pretty good and has a really nice aesthetic to it. It even has a check field and undo option when it comes to playing cards, which the unofficial sims don't have because they suck, but it was also all that we had until now.

As long as they ****ing update the cardpool we'll be alright.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I saw the forms and evolution animation.

Some of the forms looked kinda weird at first but idk since they weren’t fully rendered and stuff, maybe they’ll look better ingame, and sometimes I think something seems a little off only to like it later anyway. Besides, they were just still images taken at an angle.

The evolution animation is awesome.

Also that QoL thing is cool.

Okay now I’m going to hold myself back from seeing anymore leaks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom