• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Surprised how much control I have on not looking into more Legends: Arceus leaks.

Guess seeing the new Mons was enough for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I tried to make a Persona character tier list…
09076F2B-3F3E-49E5-81E2-8D0EAC7AB200.jpeg
467E2725-3965-4153-925A-2749DB99B981.jpeg
then I remembered I only played 5, watched 4’s anime, and had only memes to rely on for 3…and nothin for 1 and 2…so I had to ignore a huge ass chunk of characters

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
"Yes, I have been using DoorDash frequently this past few months. How could you tell?"

Wait, I have more captions:

The United States is so influential that even plants in the wild contained carbs

"I'm gonna go back to my prehistoric roots, one parfait at a time!"

If the Animal Kingdom had a union boss

When scouting for a new monster of Caerbannog after the rabbit was killed, they hired this lizard on the spot. They could just tell from sight

"Patriots, you should check out Super Male Vitality..."

Ladies and gentleman, the only living being in the universe to complete the MovieBob Challenge!

Retirement was rough on Gex

"My New Year's Resolution is--"
"Yeah yeah, we get the idea"

:yoshi:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I usually always pick either the Fire or Water type for my starter, never the grass type. I'm picking cute owl for once.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I saw the leaks.

I approve 85%.

Still upset we didn’t get a Fighting/Ice H-Mankey and Primeape based on the snow monkeys of Japan and a Ghost/Rock Hsui version of Rockruff and Lynaroc with them being based off the now extinct Hokkaido Wolf.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can't belive PLA's story begins, with who's gonna win
Knowing the danger lies within
Aboard the ARK, a genius at heart
Wanting to unlock the mysteries of life

I am the Eggman, that's what I am
I am the Eggman, I got the master plan
I am the Eggman, that's what I am
I am the Eggman, with the master plan

I'm plotting my schemes wherever I go
They're perfect in every way
I'd love to destroy the blue one you know
He's an obstacle who always gets in my way

I must play this game by my rules
I will conquer the world with my tools
All my machines are made for destruction
I will build my empire
I will succeed, and you will see
With my machines, there is no retreat

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For those who have seen the leaks, which do you think is the best starter choice without spoiling?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For those who have seen the leaks, which do you think is the best starter choice without spoiling?
Like, are we talking typing wise or design wise. If design wise, it's all up to you, if typing wise Rowlet will be the worst to pick, while Samurott and Typhlosion would be about equal

Edit:Looking at it again, Cyndaquil may have more resistance overall

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like, are we talking typing wise or design wise. If design wise, it's all up to you, if typing wise Rowlet will be the worst to pick, while Samurott and Typhlosion would be about equal

Edit:Looking at it again, Cyndaquil may have more resistance overall
I was talking design wise, which people think is the best. I was considering cyndaquil but I’m using Infernape in BD. I love Rowlet but used decideueye all the time in fan games nowadays. This would be different though. I haven’t given Oshowatt much love lately though despite it being one of my favorite starters, even though normal samurott could be better. I’m hoping this game fixes that though. I’m debating looking at how they each look but I also don’t want to spoil, hmmm.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, I will say this. Then I’m really leaving.

I’m avoiding a majority of the leaks, especially story spoilers. I want to experience that stuff 100% fresh.

But I looked at the starters.

I had to. The last time I went into a game without knowing the starters I got Inteleon, I can’t do that again.

I’m going with Typhlosion. It’s one of my og starters from HGSS, and I like how it looks here. They made him really chill, and that’s funny to me.

Samurott’s shell looks like Shadow the Hedgehog, and I love that. I expect many Sonic memes out of this.

Decidueye is alright. It looks a bit raggedy, but maybe it’ll look better in motion.

Alright that’s it, that’s the extent of the leaks I’ll look at. I’m done now!

Bye bye!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With how much Gen 5 pandering this game seems to have it makes you think Unova is gonna be on Switch at some point.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would prefer that tbh. It'd be foolish to kill any of the current members when there’s enough continuity errors as is…specifically with the Superman and Green Lantern side of things
I'm nowhere near up to date on DC's comics (I think the newest Justice League stuff that I've read is from the start of the New 52), so I'm not sure which continuity errors you're referring to, but yeah, I can't see them actually killing off any of the heroes for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'd need to know how you feel about the classic forms first. Without getting too specific, some of them are actually pretty different, while others are more similar.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been enjoying the Xbox Series X I got recently and I have to say... load times are my favorite feature since everything is faster. For two specific games:

Halo Infinite took about 3 minutes to load the campaign on the One. Here it's less than half that time.
Nick All Star Brawl took 5 minutes to start the Arcade Mode. The Series X loaded a match in less than 2 minutes.

Also works as a Blu Ray player. Naturally, I had to make the first Blu Ray (testing how to insert discs using a dual side Gilligan's Island DVD notwithstanding) the following:

The Wizard of Oz anime in it's original language. I finished the second story and now at the part where Dorothy meets Tik-Tok (no not that Tik-Tok... or that other Tik Tok).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let it be known that "We Don't Talk About Bruno" has now surpassed "Let it Go" to become the highest charting Disney song in the Billboard top 100 in the 21st century.

"Bruno" is currently charting at #4, which the last time a Disney song charted that high, was Pocahontas' "Colors of the Wind" back in 1995.

It's honestly insane how much Encanto and it's soundtrack has now blown up, and I'm glad it has. Haven't been this enthralled in a Disney Animation Studios film in a good 5+ years

On the subject of all this, I think it's time for a new avatar.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Let it be known that "We Don't Talk About Bruno" has now surpassed "Let it Go" to become the highest charting Disney song in the Billboard top 100 in the 21st century.

"Bruno" is currently charting at #4, which the last time a Disney song charted that high, was Pocahontas' "Colors of the Wind" back in 1995.

It's honestly insane how much Encanto and it's soundtrack has now blown up, and I'm glad it has. Haven't been this enthralled in a Disney Animation Studios film in a good 5+ years

Guess I should watch Encanto soon... or I could wait 5 years like I did before watching Frozen for the first time.

I've never been good at being popular.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Okay.
So how much do you to bet that there will a sizable hatedom for Encanto a year from now?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm nowhere near up to date on DC's comics (I think the newest Justice League stuff that I've read is from the start of the New 52), so I'm not sure which continuity errors you're referring to, but yeah, I can't see them actually killing off any of the heroes for obvious reasons.
without actual spoilers, and just what they’ve publicly said…
  • Clark is in space dealing with unknown stuff unrelated to the JL
  • Bruce is still a millionaire, occasionally babysat by Harley, and lost the rights to Batman Inc. to Lex
  • Diana came back from a different universe after deciding to not become permadead
  • Wally is swapping around the JL and Teen Titans, which involves a rich **** (pause)
and none of it decided to fully affect one another (even more odd since Dichard is the richest man in Gotham, while Jace is now in New York…so idk what they have planned other than to attempt to quiet down the JL due to Wheddon vs Snyder Squad)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd need to know how you feel about the classic forms first. Without getting too specific, some of them are actually pretty different, while others are more similar.
In order:
Decidueye, one of my favorite Pokémon and top 3 starter.

Typlosion: I like his design, but it’s not as good why he’s bipedal. The johto starters are also very basically designed.

Samurott: love the first two stages, but not being water fighting or bipedal disappointed me a lot. Typing doesn’t matter, but I wanted more of a samurai vibe with its design.
So yeah, Legends Arceus looks really good. Yeah.

What will we Pokemon fans do now? There's nothing to complain about.
Give it 5 minutes they’ll find something I’m sure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watching Maximillian’s video about the affects of the Microsoft buying Activision after getting Bethesda…and decided to give the freaky idea of Sony buying Square and Capcom if they were to ever buy out a big company (apparently they’re both worth more than Sega…and let’s not let any of those 3 game companies be bought out)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

They have been infected with the " Bruno" Virus, like the rest of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom