• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
So yeah, all the Hisuian forms and new Pokemon got leaked. Posting my initial impressions in the spoiler tag below
H-Arcanine: Pretty cool. Think they did a good job with it
H-Electrode: Pretty much exactly what I expected it to be, but it's kind of disappointing.
H-Typhlosion: I assume this is the minority opinion at this point, but I actually kind of like it. Expecting it to look better in-game so we'll see.
H-Qwilfish: Pretty cool. Still would have preferred if it was Steel/Poison instead of Dark/Poison but the design is alright.
H-Sneasel: Already a pretty big fan of Sneasel and Weavile, so H-Sneasel looks quite cool to me. I mean they didn't change too much, so...
New Dialga and Palkia forms: These look really, really weird, and I don't think it's in a good way. Not a fan.
H-Samurott: The design isn't really changed all that much. Probably my least favorite of the three Hisuian starters
H-Lilligant: Looks weird to me. Hopefully will look better in motion
H-Basculin/New Basculin Stripes: Not much to say on this other than there are two different stripes for Basculegion, which is cool.
H-Avalugg: Alright. Disappointed that an already bad mon got one of the worst type combos in the game (Ice/Rock) even if it makes sense for it.
H-Sliggoo: It do be chilling in the shell tho...
H-Goodra: The giant shell on its back looks like a giant tumor. Dunno if I like this or not.
H-Decidueye: Obviously I prefer the Alolan version, but this is still really cool.
H-Sneasel Evo: Basically a taller and lankier version of Sneasel. Looks alright, but I much prefer Weavile.
The Lovie Genie: Yeah, now there's a fourth genie. Not my type of mon but I imagine some other people might be a fan. I prefer its Therian form but I don't think it's all that great either.
H-Qwilfish Evo: Looks like a water boss that's for sure. Not sure if it needs the spikes on its forehead though.
Ursaring Evo/Split Evo: It is now on all four, but I actually kind of like it. Hopefully it's more usable than Ursaring was.

Overall: Not going to lie, overall I don't know how to feel about this bunch. I hope they look better in motion.

1642605352089.png
1642605366327.png
1642605385586.png

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Decidueye looks cool and the shiny being slightly darker regular Decidueye colours is neat
Samurott looks great
Ursaring evo looks kinda doofy but alright
Qwilfish evo looks alright
Sneasel and the evo look weird
Dialga and Palkia forms look like Xeno**** rejects, the latter just needs arms to not look weird, the former needs to move that neck laser thing back to the chest
Fairy genie looks neat, Therian form is really good
Electrode is Electrode
Arcanine looks rad
Avalugg looks really cool which sucks because it has awful typing lmao
Lilligant is whatever
Goodra looks alright
I need to see Typhlosion with the fire because that's a big miss otherwise

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wrong mon collecthaton

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1642604946365.png

“i’M Haunt Yaka. You BeTTeR nOt PisS me ofF, YoU gEt me?!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Sri Lankan mythology. Disease-causing spirits or demons. They once freely attacked and ate humans but as their king Wesamuni has since forbidden them to attack humans directly, they are allowed only to afflict sickness and suffering, which earns them a similar satisfaction. A yaka has black skin and long white teeth but is not visible to humans. Cruel and savage, the only way to make these demons leave their hosts is exorcism.

Skills: Tarunda, Sukunda, Rakunda, Venom Chaser

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Tyrant race.

In most games, Yaka is ugly and wears a mask similar to the ones worn by Sri Lankan healers who used them to ward them off and sometimes go as far as to threaten them with telling them to their king. There’s nothing wrong with that design but I kinda prefer the more unsettling, less mythologically-accurate Soul Hackers design shown here, even if it wouldn’t really translate to a 3D game. It looks appropriately sickly and disturbing, as if dripping down from a ceiling to make its prey ill. Its more common look is this, btw:
1642605082104.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Rowlet line is the only Gen 7 Pokemon in the game and the only Gen 8s are the new Pokemon lol

Basically anything past Gen 4 is just Sylveon or something tied into a new regional form/Pokemon lmao

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Rowlet line is the only Gen 7 Pokemon in the game and the only Gen 8s are the new Pokemon lol

Basically anything past Gen 4 is just Sylveon or something tied into a new regional form/Pokemon lmao
On the flipside, every Sinnoh mon is in the game. Yes, that includes Rotom. How? Idk.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Weird how Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales is the only regional variant not from Hisui to be in the game

Not that I'm complaining

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Figured out how a kushtaka movie could work.

The Edge starring Anthony Hopkins (Which I watched yesterday) could have been a good premise to it only having the three survivors begin to turn out each other as the kushtaka mind***** them with their worst nightmares.

Either way, premise would be simple whether a group of men getting lost/stranded and having to survive, going hunting, miners, whatever.

This could even work as a historical film if that short movie on YouTube is anything to go by, a movie even based on the supposed events of Bay of Death, Thomas Bay, Devil's Country, Moon Lake and the Devil Creatures and Strangest Story Ever most notably a landslide in 1750 that killed over 500 Alaskan natives with rumors stating to have been caused by what were claimed to be "devils".

The way I would have the kushtaka look is accurate to the myths. Tall, lanky, and otter-like but very demonic-looking and more of a spirit than a physical being as it was seen by the Tlingit people. Starting to understand the whole ottersquatch look was likely an Americanized thing.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've seen all I wanted to see so I might go dark for a while since I don't want to be spoiled on story stuff

I'm probably gonna continue to be active in the Jump Stars EX thread every once in a while but I'll see you when I get the game

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So how would I rank the new mons?
I like all the starters, but Typhlosion looks depressed as hell. Probably better in action.

Basculin is Basculin. Yeah

Sneasal looks super cool. It's evo is interesting. Again, probably better in action, but atm I think I prefer Weavile.

Electrode looks exactly how I expescted it to

Quilfish eve is ****ing hilarious. Big boi.

Avalugg is gonna die in comp. Hell, even causual it's gonna be unviable. However, cool design regardless.

H-Liligant is cool, but I wish it wasn't Grass-Fighting. Decidueye is already that.

The Goodras? Snail.

I didn't like H-Ursaring at first, but after learning that it was based on the prehistoric cave bears, I warmed up ti it a lot.

I have no clue what the new Genie is suppossed to be. Lust? I don't get it.

The orgin forms look kinda... uh... not it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how many new forms in total/new Pokémon? I don’t want to know what they are, just the number. Also how top tier would you all rate the designs?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From my calculations, 20.
So around what we’ve been getting in recent tens. Not to bad. If the designs are good then I’m fine with that. Which so far Hisuian Zoroark has been probably my favorite regional so far. It’s perfect in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom