• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
lol The Veilstone city gym battle in the manga has such a bull**** anime moment when Dawn gains the upperhand in the fight.

She seemingly develops a gambling addiction a couple chapters prior to the gym battle which leads to her being tired out during it, but when she wakes up and snaps out of it Barry notices how she and her Pokemon are fighting. "She wasnt just gambling, she was training her eyes against the speed of the roulette wheel and now she can tell exactly when there will be an opening!"
There's definitely shenanigans in the manga, especially in the early arcs when Pokemon lore wasn't as well defined. Often times I think just as much as the anime, it's just that it does a better job of explaining in-game mechanics and referencing the PokeDex. Celebi appears as a deus ex machina in more than one arc.

Platinum developing a gambling addiction and then using it to her advantage I'd argue is under average on the Shonen shenanigans scale. In hindsight though, the manga was doing Legends Arceus mechanics years in advance in just how trainers are involved in the battle themselves. lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I gotta get up at 7. It's currently 12:30. I blinked for a second and I went from 10:30 to now and in-between then the only thing I can really remember is watching a cool video about wherever the ark of the covenant is and getting in an internet argument.

1642570316141.png

I've been awake too long.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I finushed both Sonic's and Tails's story.

Like in the 2D games, Tails is 100x more fun to play than as Sonic, which makes me a little upset that every future game wouldn't have Tails be that fun in 3D, either by changing his gameplay completely, butchering it, or straight up not being playable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I finushed both Sonic's and Tails's story.

Like in the 2D games, Tails is 100x more fun to play than as Sonic, which makes me a little upset that every future game wouldn't have Tails be that fun in 3D, either by changing his gameplay completely, butchering it, or straight up not being playable.
This take is kinda funny, not because it's wrong or anything but if I remember my Sonic stuff right, SA2 Tails was a very late choice in development due to people wanting to play as Tails. Considering his stages are pretty poorly designed, I'd believe that without a doubt

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This take is kinda funny, not because it's wrong or anything but if I remember my Sonic stuff right, SA2 Tails was a very late choice in development due to people wanting to play as Tails. Considering his stages are pretty poorly designed, I'd believe that without a doubt
It definitely does feel like they gave up half way through with Tails because his first 2 stages were fun and then it went to ****.

I think Rouge was also an alleged late addition and damn does it show cause her stages are ****ing terrible.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just hit my 1464th Dracozolt encounter. According to cumulative statistics, that's roughly a 30% chance of having encountered a shiny one. In other words, having found a shiny by now is about as likely as having missed a Focus Blast.

So where's my shiny Dracozolt Gamefreak?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Banjo-Kazooie comes to Switch Online this Thursday!

...Oh yeah, we're in Banjo month now aren't we?

Guess I gotta get that expanding pack or whatever the ****.
Speak of the devil.

Anywho:

I'll get it if there aren't too many issues with the rom.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK I just had two really, really weird dreams and I need to explain them somewhere before I forget.

1. Had a dream where you Award ceremony was being destroyed by some Resi meets AC Valhalla monster. One was like strange a tree monster and then there were tanks and all that. It was a bit trippy.

2. Had another dream where a waifu was staying at a hotel/house thing that my family owned and my brother was telling her **** about me to make him look better (ironically happened IRL with my cousin and well that guy turned into an asshole).

Yeah. Some strange funk going on.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
YGO Master Duel released in my sleep.

At least it's finally out lol, and apparently the only working version is the Switch one. Can't play it until I get back from work but ok

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
"uwu we won't put watewmawks on leaks anymowe because of feedback, we're new to this uwu and we don't want cwout" lmao

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
OK I just had two really, really weird dreams and I need to explain them somewhere before I forget.

1. Had a dream where you Award ceremony was being destroyed by some Resi meets AC Valhalla monster. One was like strange a tree monster and then there were tanks and all that. It was a bit trippy.

2. Had another dream where a waifu was staying at a hotel/house thing that my family owned and my brother was telling him **** about me to make him look better (ironically happened IRL with my cousin and well that guy turned into an asshole).

Yeah. Some strange funk going on.
I had a dream where social status is based off eating tobacco products. Eating cigarettes was poor people, chewing tobacco was middle class, and cigars were rich people. I forgot what hookah was though. There was a contest where if you ate a lot of cigarettes in 20 minutes, you were given a golden cigar.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Also, here is a really good video on beating spotdodging that I found super helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom