• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So on the topic I was going on about clouds ports as I've also dabbed in Control and Hitman as well tonight.

1. It's ****ing laughable how KH got Cloud ports and one of the most lazy decisions by SE period. I mean look:
View attachment 343119
Blurry, a bit awkward on the Switch meanwhile the 3DS runs better despite being 10 years old. No excuse bar laziness.

"But KH3!" - Really can see a game like KH3 run well natively if they stuff like reduce visual effects and even change the art style (that E3 2013 reveal should have been the style with some touchups cause the watercolour looked brilliant and still does.)

View attachment 343121

2. Cloud based is still years and years off. Until all major markets can have the infrastructure to be able to have speedy internet to run this no way unless you are lucky or live like in South Korea or Japan.

3. Even when it comes to mobile with games like Genshin Impact I'm against stuff on that front. Still placing the prediction to have that Genshin will come to Switch as physical.

4. Taking KH aside, the only games I could maybe hope that are already cloud on the system that could probably run well if they really tried is Resi 7 and Guardians of the Galaxy (that game flew under the radar it felt). RPG era AC I can never see being suited to the handheld for some reason.

Midnight Ted Talk from me. Thanks for reading boyos.
3DS being a cloud game on the Switch legitimately pisses me off. It's so stupid.

Yeah KH3 probably could run on the Switch if they tone down all the particle effects, the game has too many of those.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So on the topic I was going on about clouds ports as I've also dabbed in Control and Hitman as well tonight.

1. It's ****ing laughable how KH got Cloud ports and one of the most lazy decisions by SE period. I mean look:
View attachment 343119
Blurry, a bit awkward on the Switch meanwhile the 3DS runs better despite being 10 years old. No excuse bar laziness.

"But KH3!" - Really can see a game like KH3 run well natively if they stuff like reduce visual effects and even change the art style (that E3 2013 reveal should have been the style with some touchups cause the watercolour looked brilliant and still does.)

View attachment 343121

2. Cloud based is still years and years off. Until all major markets can have the infrastructure to be able to have speedy internet to run this no way unless you are lucky or live like in South Korea or Japan.

3. Even when it comes to mobile with games like Genshin Impact I'm against stuff on that front. Still placing the prediction to have that Genshin will come to Switch as physical.

4. Taking KH aside, the only games I could maybe hope that are already cloud on the system that could probably run well if they really tried is Resi 7 and Guardians of the Galaxy (that game flew under the radar it felt). RPG era AC I can never see being suited to the handheld for some reason.

Midnight Ted Talk from me. Thanks for reading boyos.
Y'all making me interested in doing a write up myself on this, lol.

I might just try the demo sometime this weekend and let y'all know what I think of it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That senator has taste if he's looking up Tifa.
CurRux8UkAApQ8r.jpg

Or maybe it was on purpose.

The Senatore has good taste.

3DS being a cloud game on the Switch legitimately pisses me off. It's so stupid.
There's lazy for gaming but this is a whole new level of lazy. PSP, 3DS, PS2 games needing a Cloud Version? That's a group of fans needing to slap someone to rewire the brain from that level of stupidity.

They got him.

RIP
TPC using that Poke-Ball on humans.

They'll let him out for the Guillotine...................or what the execution method is in Hisui.

Y'all making me interested in doing a write up myself on this, lol.

I might just try the demo sometime this weekend and let y'all know what I think of it.
Honestly man my view and hear me out:

Try all three Cloud versions and then try one or two not related like GotG or Hitman or Control and give another view as to why SE was lazy compared to slightly more understandable reasons for the former.

And yes KH3 on the Switch would have worked and stood out on its own had the game been completely redone in the E3 2013 but that's wishful thinking.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
They sent his ass back to Hisui. He won’t be leaking things now.

it’s only a matter of time before someone else gets the game though. Hell someone probably has it now
Yeah, especially if this dude was just able to get one. Heck, some people are apparently getting pre orders slated for arrival before the release date. They're coming whether we like it or not.

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

Introducing: Possibly the stupidest thing I have ever recorded.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Dude

your content is a gift, seriously, please keep making stuff.

also TheMightyP TheMightyP

Remember that Toon-Shader I was working on with ReShade?

I've started it over again, and when plugging it into SADX, game deadup looks like Sonic Shuffle, it's kinda wild.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Last edited:

MooMew64

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know why the Switch Online version of Banjo-Kazooie is rated T? I get that the humour can be pretty crude at times (especially in Tooie - some of the sight gags in that crossed a line), but I figured that would bump it up to an E10+ at most.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Does anyone know why the Switch Online version of Banjo-Kazooie is rated T? I get that the humour can be pretty crude at times (especially in Tooie - some of the sight gags in that crossed a line), but I figured that would bump it up to an E10+ at most.
The ESRB rating is for the Switch online app as a whole. Sin & Punishment and Winback are rated T.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's really saying the N64 online app as a whole, not B-K.

If you're releasing a collection, the highest rated game determines the overall rating.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The ESRB rating is for the Switch online app as a whole. Sin & Punishment and Winback are rated T.
Oh, okay - I thought they were rated individually.

(it would be weird/funny if, say, Perfect Dark got on there, and then we got a trailer for Mario Party 2 that was rated M for Mature as a result)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well I figured that maybe it was a stand alone like some of the other games they released in the e-shop.
You're about 10 years too far in the past to think Nintendo's doing that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You're about 10 years too far in the past to think Nintendo's doing that.
I mean,, people were acting excited so I thought it was different this time.

So that tells me that they fixed the N64 thing? With the lag input and frame drops and ****?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean,, people were acting excited so I thought it was different this time.

So that tells me that they fixed the N64 thing? With the lag input and frame drops and ****?
I figure the excitement's more for the fact that we're getting Banjo-Kazooie on Nintendo consoles again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom