• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So is this gonna tie into the films or kept as its own thing?

Looks amazing.
it’ll eventually lead into a Midnight Sons crossover I assume
Not gonna lie, part of me kinda hopes it stays as its own thing. I think more self-contained stories in the MCU would be nice, haha.
Netflix/Hulu/ABC/Freeform shows and Eternals taking offense rn
Shipping killed iCarly so I won't forgive them for that.

Oh and Star too, yeah.

Oddly, I think Regular Show handled the complicated relationship plan well.

Adventure Time however ****ed it up.
iCarly still alive tho…only more Daddy Freddie

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oops I read that as PB for some reason.

Yeah, that **** was so wierd

Like bruh you have a gf just ask her to- imma stop right there.
Said GF is also on fire so whatever you were thinking of would have hurt immensely.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If I ever wrote a story, I probably wouldn't worry too much about who ends up with who and just write what came naturally.

Except I'm aro and almost nothing would come naturally to me, leaving 99% of the cast single and driving shippers insane because they can't comprehend the idea of just leaving a character single at the end of a story.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ngl, when I get my series greenlit, I kinda wanna tease as many ships with my leads as possible and see the outcome
Tease as many ships possible
The lead gets with none of them, insteads ends up with a one-off at the very end
Refuses to elaborate, leaves

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nah go ‘head bro.
Well okay. I still need to get the names down and refresh on some D&D stuff to get it right, but...

It's about a lizardman mage who is the tribe shaman accidentally turning his ancestors' magic dark as he's a bit of a tinkerer. Needless to say the rest of the tribe, particularly his older brother (the lead warrior), are not happy with that and kick him out. His only option is to join a "horde," which is an army of a Dark Lord, and he gets an interview with the most powerful Dark Lord at that time.... only to accidentally (notice a pattern) kill him when asked to "show his power." So with no other options in life, he decides to make his "horde" and become a Dark Lord with the dark magic he made out of scratch. The Horde is essentially a band of misfits you expect from a manga, such as: a kobold who the MC thought was just the previous Dark Lord's timid advisor only to find out he was their strongest fighter; the daughter of that Dark Lord who is an elven witch who becomes the most trusted advisor (and gets annoyed at how little the MC knows about the world); a lecherous nobleman who gets roped into the gang against his wishes and provides some resources; an ancient dragon who got tired of humans, elves, etc. trying to recruit him due to how smarmy they sound to him and joins the horde because he can actually get along with the MC; and a tabaxi assassin who becomes weirdly obsessed and loyal to the MC.

I didn't have a title, but I think I just might call it "The Horde" :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
There’ll be a couple ships in my show, as a hopeless romantic it’s impossible for me to resist.

But I really don’t want any project of mine going down the Star Vs route, where the whole show gets consumed by the relationship drama and people only watch it for the ships.

It never ends well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There’ll be a couple ships in my show, as a hopeless romantic it’s impossible for me to resist.

But I really don’t want any project of mine going down the Star Vs route, where the whole show gets consumed by the relationship drama and people only watch it for the ships.

It never ends well.
That’s kinda why I’m afraid of actually going through with my plan.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started reading the Diamond and Pearl manga. I like how Dawn is the main character, you wouldn't expect that from a boys centric shonen battle manga.
And her family lineage being important to Sinnoh's history is totally something Legends Arceus just ran with.
I find it funny that a running thing with her in this manga is that she quietly giggles at Lucas's bad jokes and when asked about it she just straight faced tells the boys "You imagined it."

I like the personality they gave to Lucas in this, just a carefree guy who doesnt seem to get mad at anything and wants to talk things out before resorting to confrontation, telling bad jokes that people dont find funny.Except the time in the Valley windworks where his joke made Mars laugh and when team galactic ditches the place she looks at the gang and is like "Tell me another one someday." or something like that.

And Barry is just angry at Lucas's carefree nature the whole waythrough.

aka you want to cause love chaos all over the interweebs
I would. LMAO.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well okay. I still need to get the names down and refresh on some D&D stuff to get it right, but...

It's about a lizardman mage who is the tribe shaman accidentally turning his ancestors' magic dark as he's a bit of a tinkerer. Needless to say the rest of the tribe, particularly his older brother (the lead warrior), are not happy with that and kick him out. His only option is to join a "horde," which is an army of a Dark Lord, and he gets an interview with the most powerful Dark Lord at that time.... only to accidentally (notice a pattern) kill him when asked to "show his power." So with no other options in life, he decides to make his "horde" and become a Dark Lord with the dark magic he made out of scratch. The Horde is essentially a band of misfits you expect from a manga, such as: a kobold who the MC thought was just the previous Dark Lord's timid advisor only to find out he was their strongest fighter; the daughter of that Dark Lord who is an elven witch who becomes the most trusted advisor (and gets annoyed at how little the MC knows about the world); a lecherous nobleman who gets roped into the gang against his wishes and provides some resources; an ancient dragon who got tired of humans, elves, etc. trying to recruit him due to how smarmy they sound to him and joins the horde because he can actually get along with the MC; and a tabaxi assassin who becomes weirdly obsessed and loyal to the MC.

I didn't have a title, but I think I just might call it "The Horde" :yoshi:
Nah bro that sounds funny as hell

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Voltron: Legendary Defender (2016)
Didn't someone try to hold the show hostage by faking to have crucial information to the series that would be leaked if they didn't make a ship canon lmao

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Didn't someone try to hold the show hostage by faking to have crucial information to the series that would be leaked if they didn't make a ship canon lmao
Aye, they did.

Funny That show didn't really have longevity in my mind. I know i Watched it but i remember nothing of it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You guys think having zero romantic content in a series would stop shippers?

Sports anime fans beg to differ.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
79A73101-FE93-454C-9407-9B032CF8E787.jpeg
I’m late on FEH Book 6 Chapter 3…but man…this woman is something else (so far much better than cowgirl)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m not a hardcore shipper. While I do have some ships I do support, I’m not really one to go for the “die for our ship” mentality. Most of my ship involvement is looking up cute, wholesome fanart fluff.

Though it does remind me that it peeves me considerably when an artist’s feels like they absolutely need a ship to get into a fandom, whether they have to make one up, no matter how bizarre or even morally apprehensible

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

I have two canonical ships planned for my story but I'm not going any further than that. I don't want to detract from what's supposed to be the actual focal point of my story with cheap relationship drama, and I'll probably make then both canon by the third or fourth book (out of ten, probably). Shippers suck so I'll try my best to make them shut up as soon as possible

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I haven't really enjoyed any of the MCU Disney+ shows but Moon Knight has me cautiously optimistic. Probably helps that Oscar Isaac is a great actor and this is a completely fresh character to the franchise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't really enjoyed any of the MCU Disney+ shows but Moon Knight has me cautiously optimistic. Probably helps that Oscar Isaac is a great actor and this is a completely fresh character to the franchise.
As someone who dipped from the MCU since Far From Home and hasn't given a **** about anything since, Moon Knight's trailer gives mad horror vibes and they're clearly using the character's DID so I'm very much curious how this is gonna end up, especially with all the memetic panels about Moon Knight, real and fake.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
HAIAVAIAVAIAGAOAVAOVAOAGAOAFAUAGAIAGAIGAAIGAOAGAIAGAIAGSIDHSISGOSGSSI
Looking forward to seeing how Marc Spector embraces the chaos in two months time.

Anyways the date kind of makes sense as I heard that it is undergoing reshoots at the moment. I predict that She-Hulk's release date could be sometime in May whilst Ms. Marvel which is also undergoing reshoots at the moment, I predict that it could release approximately around August or beginning of September.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Ok guys, feel I should say this…

The new marvel movies/shows are whack. They are awful, the writing is terrible. Things feel rushed and it feels like they are more concerned with selling tickets and Disney+ subscriptions than creating an actually good movie. Even my favorite movie ever (No way Home)has objectively bad writing because it was pushing for set pieces and fan-service. They introduce too many characters in each new movie too fast, so we can’t learn anything of them besides their basic personality. This was most prominent in the Eternals where we had like 197372 characters who are all competing for screen time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom