• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Forget Piranha Plant in Ultimate, this is the character we need:

(now back to bed for me)
That's awesome. I'm glad they're more unique characters. Bowser is the other truly unique one from what I remember. The rest were clones akin to Melee's, I think?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Remember the moment that started the era of Ultimate...

Remember when this was all we knew?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Walmart is really out here lying to customers saying the PS5 isn’t in stock and not admitting until you confront them with proof otherwise. That’s pretty ****ing ****ty behavior and should not be allowed.

D

Deleted member

That's awesome. I'm glad they're more unique characters. Bowser is the other truly unique one from what I remember. The rest were clones akin to Melee's, I think?
Well, admittedly my memory's a bit hazy, but I remember Wario being very different from Mario and Luigi. Falco also lacks his Laser and instead has his Falco Phantasm for his neutral special and Ganon uses his sword for quite a few attacks, but I'm unsure to what extend they differ from their regular counterparts, sorry. It's been ages since I played it and not for long either.

Basically, Wario is very unique from what I can remember, but not so sure on the others as it's been too long.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
mark my words: there will be a day where gamefreak creates mewtrhree. might not be soon, but it'll happen. it'd make so much money.

(Don't think I want it though)

Shroob

Sup?
Anyone ever play Amnesia? What monsters from it do you think would work best in say... a fighting game?
Aren't there like, only 4? Including the sequel?

Gatherer, Brute, whatever the **** those wheelneck dudes were and the pigs?

Spiders and the water monster too I guess, but those are just animals/the water monster doesn't even have a model.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you guys remember the Super Brawl games on Nick.com?

I used to main a mean Sheen.
exactly the game series I acknowledged earlier...cause I was a Jimmy and TMNT main

Remember the moment that started the era of Ultimate...

Remember when this was all we knew?
I remember coming back from a funeral in a different state only to see Twitter talking about Smash (which confused me), then saw Inkling being traumatized and didn’t watch the entire direct until a whole ass day later with no other spoilers
And it helped introduce me to what is now one of my favorite games ever.

Thank you, Smash Bros.
Style Savvy: Styling Star

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, admittedly my memory's a bit hazy, but I remember Wario being very different from Mario and Luigi. Falco also lacks his Laser and instead has his Falco Phantasm for his neutral special and Ganon uses his sword for quite a few attacks, but I'm unsure to what extend they differ from their regular counterparts, sorry. It's been ages since I played it and not for long either.

Basically, Wario is very unique from what I can remember, but not so sure on the others as it's been too long.
By clone I mean "clearly use as a base". Huh. So Wario's more of a semi-clone then.

And that makes sense.

...Please tell me they properly list him as Ganondorf. That's an issue I have with hacks, using the blatantly incorrect designation for the character. I'll still get the hack, but come on. There's a huge difference between 'em.

Honestly, I've been wanting to see them use Ness as a base to make Brian for a while now. It helps they're similar bodyshapes/sizes, but also a lot of similar abilities. Would probably have to be highly unique akin to Wario. I'm hoping they add Peach at some point(and I could see her being used to help create Zelda too). There's so many awesome N64-related choices. And some later on that easily work(Lucas, Dark Samus, etc.) I wonder if Dark Link is a costume? Same with the Polygons.

Sadly I can't apply patches right, so I have to have someone set it up for me. Either way, I'm loving such a fun and silly roster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** Pit is a ****ing player no matter what universe

turns out Netflix She-Ra had a 3 way intimate relationship between Rogelio (a lizard man), Lonnie (human girl), and the mother ****ing goat of the show Kyle (with Pit’s voice, so by default is an alternate version of Pit)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
holy **** Pit is a ****ing player no matter what universe

turns out Netflix She-Ra had a 3 way intimate relationship between Rogelio (a lizard man), Lonnie (human girl), and the mother ****ing goat of the show Kyle (with Pit’s voice, so by default is an alternate version of Pit)
...That's not the case. Lonnie is not in the relationship. She's just their friend and they're in a group together as part of their training.

It's implied Rogelio and Kyle are together, though. I'm pretty sure it's not hard confirmed outside of stuff like tweets. We never see it onscreen beyond small snippets that suggest it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...That's not the case. Lonnie is not in the relationship. She's just their friend and they're in a group together as part of their training.

It's implied Rogelio and Kyle are together, though. I'm pretty sure it's not hard confirmed outside of stuff like tweets. We never see it onscreen beyond small snippets that suggest it.
The three have a polyamory relationship...I had to look up whatever that meant...it's mainly him and Rogelio tho (but Lonnie is still a fellow lover). Weird thing is how I never realized or remembered any of them having feelings towards one another due to not doing an actual marathon until I started today...and now my curiosity made me learn more things, like...
  • Perfuma being trans lesbian
  • And is also in a relationship with Scorpia
  • Seahawk, Bow, and Glimmer all being bi
  • Jewelstar and Peekablue are trans males
guess there was a livestream with the creator and other members of the show crew months ago confirming most of these, and her tweets about it...tho I'm still unsure about Perfuma being trans because I'm hella oblivious (so it makes sense that I didn't catch like...all of this)

I'm surprised by any kid's show managing to be allowed to be this open, so respects to that (Cartoon Network have done really well with this, but Nick and Disney, Marvel aside, could do better)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The three have a polyamory relationship...I had to look up whatever that meant...it's mainly him and Rogelio tho (but Lonnie is still a fellow lover). Weird thing is how I never realized or remembered any of them having feelings towards one another due to not doing an actual marathon until I started today...and now my curiosity made me learn more things, like...
  • Perfuma being trans lesbian
  • And is also in a relationship with Scorpia
  • Seahawk, Bow, and Glimmer all being bi
  • Jewelstar and Peekablue are trans males
guess there was a livestream with the creator and other members of the show crew months ago confirming most of these, and her tweets about it...tho I'm still unsure about Perfuma being trans because I'm hella oblivious (so it makes sense that I didn't catch like...all of this)

I'm surprised by any kid's show managing to be allowed to be this open, so respects to that (Cartoon Network have done really well with this, but Nick and Disney, Marvel aside, could do better)
Honestly, I don't remember anything suggesting they are in a polyamorous relationship. Just two of them, while Lonnie is part of their group. Keep in mind they were always a core group in the first place. Catra was their leader. Lonnie appears to be squad leader since Catra was promoted.

Just cause they're always together means nothing in itself. They're a squad, which is why they live together. But I could be remembering it wrong.

Some of that stuff is correct, yeah. Though the last character you mentioned is only fictional as much as we can tell. It's confusing in that regard.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, turns out the newest Switch update actually changed a lot of values for the analog stick, indirectly messing with Smash Bros. In short, the stick was made more responsive, for better or worse, by lessening the dead zones. This had the side effect of making certain actions harder to do, mostly tilts and weak side Bs have become harder to perform. To put the latter into perspective with Palutena, to do a weak Explosive Flame, you can't go over the previous dead zone values, while all strong side B values are now taken up by the previous weak ones. Basically:
Honestly I can't feel the difference. I tried with both Samus and Palutena and weak side specials are still really easy to pull off for me.

Maybe that's just me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I don't remember anything suggesting they are in a polyamorous relationship. Just two of them, while Lonnie is part of their group. Keep in mind they were always a core group in the first place. Catra was their leader. Lonnie appears to be squad leader since Catra was promoted.

Just cause they're always together means nothing in itself. They're a squad, which is why they live together. But I could be remembering it wrong.

Some of that stuff is correct, yeah. Though the last character you mentioned is only fictional as much as we can tell. It's confusing in that regard.
the triple relationship is something the creator wanted for reasons only she will have, but she did make it a thing for those three to have. Personally I don’t know whether it’s a relationship that’s normal to have in real life or just a small harem thing, but I also wont judge any relationship had as long as it’s healthy and not...Rue X Jules (a Euphoria thing)...levels of crazy. Guess the love sparked between them when they were stranded with the acid rain

as for the last characters, they’re minor characters in the show (with Blue not actually appearing but instead impersonated by Double Trouble)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the triple relationship is something the creator wanted for reasons only she will have, but she did make it a thing for those three to have. Personally I don’t know whether it’s a relationship that’s normal to have in real life or just a small harem thing, but I also wont judge any relationship had as long as it’s healthy and not...Rue X Jules (a Euphoria thing)...levels of crazy. Guess the love sparked between them when they were stranded with the acid rain

as for the last characters, they’re minor characters in the show (with Blue not actually appearing but instead impersonated by Double Trouble)
Then I'm remembering it wrong. I just remember Lonnie appreciating them more as friends at best. But eh.

Anyway, yeah, that's what I mean. I was trying to not outright say the spoiler about Double Trouble, etc.

That said, show is very nice. I really really like how they handled the characters. Highly diverse in many different ways. Good and evil not being treated as a black and white outlook either.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Then I'm remembering it wrong. I just remember Lonnie appreciating them more as friends at best. But eh.

Anyway, yeah, that's what I mean. I was trying to not outright say the spoiler about Double Trouble, etc.

That said, show is very nice. I really really like how they handled the characters. Highly diverse in many different ways. Good and evil not being treated as a black and white outlook either.
I used to think none of them were in a relationship before today honestly. Probably should’ve looked more into their later chemistry as time went by, but at the same time...Catra being Catra

And I agree with that last section. A show that managed to be diverse without having to force it and have no restrictions on how far they could go with their creativity. Idk whether that’s a rare sight or not at this point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just counted all of the stages in SFV for ****s and giggles, and I discovered that there are, by coincidence (including alternate modes of various stages) exactly 40. And there are coincidentally 40 characters. Neat right.

Then I counted the stages and characters that are being added in Season 5. They're adding 5 new characters.... and 4 new stages.

That is going to bother my OCD for centuries to come.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just counted all of the stages in SFV for ****s and giggles, and I discovered that there are, by coincidence (including alternate modes of various stages) exactly 40. And there are coincidentally 40 characters. Neat right.

Then I counted the stages and characters that are being added in Season 5. They're adding 5 new characters.... and 4 new stages.

That is going to bother my OCD for centuries to come.
just think of it as being like Smash Ultimate Nintendo is gonna kill me for saying it

D

Deleted member

More fuel on the fire.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Okay, that is awful.

You could make a case for Nintendo during The Big House cancellation, but this is plain inexcusable.

I don't care what you say, you can't defend Nintendo on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Before you say, "They poked the bear!"

No. Nintendo is on the wrong for being the extremely aggressive bear.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I look at it this way. ...You're selling someone's IP(and not reselling used, which is fine) as is. This wasn't "if you donate to charity, we'll give you this cool custom paintjob controller we bought. It's free overall" where it wouldn't count.

In the end, they actually were selling what is effectively the same as selling a game hack. That's actually illegal. I don't know if Nintendo was forced to do so for IP protection, and it really sucks either way. I remember something about "if you don't protect your IP, you can lose some rights", but I don't know if I misread that or that's not true. It does not count for parodies, since those won't matter(sometimes), but non-parodies are more dicey.

The problem is people just don't get you have to be careful how you treat IP stuff. You can't sell somebody else's product without permission. That gets you in trouble. Re-sales are stuff they don't care about in cases like garage sales. But actual businesses require specific licensing and such to sell things. Basically, there is laws about this stuff.

This frankly is a case of both making some basic mistakes. If Nintendo wasn't forced to take action, that is. If they were, well, it was that or lose some IP rights. That's not something they can afford to do. I don't know if they even legit had the option, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom