• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The way you said endure makes me wonder wtf happens in the Persona fandom and ships.
People acting like characters who are canonically good friends are mortal enemies because they share the same potential love interest so...

Probably what happens in any other fandom with ships.

Hell
What he said.

I also believe that Persona has pretty poor writing when it comes to romance compared to platonic friendships and group dynamics. I enjoy shipping but I'd rather keep it light-hearted and without canon dictating me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I still need to finish Strikers.

Also find it funny how the game I played into last year and the game I played into this year were both turn based RPGs by Sega.

Just pointing it out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona in a college would be neat but I know that's controversial for Persona fans for some reason.

And yeah, I'm a college kid. I like college aged girls.
then Makoto is your only available options important character wise
…unless you want to risk your life dealing with a Haru
Persona fans arguing which child is hotter:
so they’re a Kamoshida?
Fixed it for you.

We have the depressed teacher and goth doctor for people like you.
T E A C H E R M A I D
Actual best girl btw.
tied for 2nd place for me
At least Makoto is legal in Striker so her simps are nowhere near as creepy as the Futaba ones
she was legal the moment (or at least some days after) Persona 5 starts. Her, Get Away Driver Haru, and Zenkichi being the only legal ones in the entire group and stuck taking care of a buncha monsters + Yusuke
I joke but Makoto actually is my favorite, i cant help it if her character traits appeal to me more than the other characters do.

Also she's canonically a fan of the Yakuza series so she's based.
I can’t help the fact that I never take her off of my team whenever I play
Persona 5 fans arguing who's the best girl:
"NOOO, IT'S MAKOTO! NOOOOO, IT'S ANN! NOOOO, IT'S FUTABA!"

Kingpin from Spider-Verse:
View attachment 341700
Kingpin is a Shido kinda guy

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
she was legal the moment (or at least some days after) Persona 5 starts. Her, Get Away Driver Haru, and Zenkichi being the only legal ones in the entire group and stuck taking care of a buncha monsters + Yusuke
That's debatable, some parts of the world have it at 17, others at 18. So it depends on where you are.

Zenkichi is best boy by the way. He has significantly less screen time than the other guys in the group but i leaves a bigger impression in that short time.

KillerCage

Smash Master
My resolutions for this year:

-Beat at least 10 different games I have not beaten before this year.
-Watch at least 10 different cartoons/anime I have not seen before.
-Get a full-time job to replace my current part-time job.

I'm likely not going to able to do one of these resolutions, but I'm going to make an effort to make these a reality.

I'm also excited for Made in Abyss Season 2 and the upcoming MIA video game!

If I have to endure Persona shipping talk, I'm gonna use it as an excuse to spam cute fanart:

I'm actually working to beat Persona 5 Strikers for this year's Game Clearing.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's debatable, some parts of the world have it at 17, others at 18. So it depends on where you are.

Zenkichi is best boy by the way. He has significantly less screen time than the other guys in the group but i leaves a bigger impression in that short time.
birthday being on 4/23 and the adventure starts on the 11th, so we somehow got to miss her adventures as a mostly hidden weapon for the needless principle (tho it’s good for her to have never dealt with that Kamoshida life)

and yeah Zenkichi killed it in many ways

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hotel Transylvania: Transformia
Scream
Morbius (Knowing Sony, it's gonna be the same cringe humor as the Venom movies were. A movie about a pseudo-vampire also shouldn't be PG-13)
The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild

Whelp this is gonna be a sucky month in terms of movies...Then again though it's January aka Dump Month.
I am aware that January is usually a "dump month", although Hotel Transylvania: Transformania had been delayed several times last year due to the pandemic concerns and it is going to be an Amazon Prime exclusive and The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild is a Disney+ exclusive.

As for Morbius, its going to really need to ramp up its marketing a lot this month and personally I don't have much expectations that the film will do well at all.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna M MooMew64

Only a couple of hours into Final Fantasy VII Remake so far but I'm heavily enjoying it. Combat is super flashy and satisfying, and the visuals and music are honestly making me a little emotional lol. There's just so much attention to detail and it really makes Midgar all the more interesting.

It's just...so nice to see a game that I've grown up with and adore given this kind of treatment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
these DCEU rumors are getting crazy

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Only a couple of hours into Final Fantasy VII Remake so far but I'm heavily enjoying it. Combat is super flashy and satisfying, and the visuals and music are honestly making me a little emotional lol. There's just so much attention to detail and it really makes Midgar all the more interesting.

It's just...so nice to see a game that I've grown up with and adore given this kind of treatment.
‘Playing through it myself rn and my word they just went absolutely nuts with this game. I truly love it.
….Really curious how you’re gonna feel about Nomura Nomura’ing the plot, tho.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
‘Playing through it myself rn and my word they just went absolutely nuts with this game. I truly love it.
….Really curious how you’re gonna feel about Nomura Nomura’ing the plot, tho.
I've already had a few aspects of the plot spoiled so I have a good idea of what to expect.

Would've liked a more faithful remake but a "sequel" is fine too, I guess.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've already had a few aspects of the plot spoiled so I have a good idea of what to expect.

Would've liked a more faithful remake but a "sequel" is fine too, I guess.
I know very little but if it’s going where I think it’s going

hoooooo boy I’m expecting shenanigans with the OG game’s most pivotal moment

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Your either going to really love the new story additions or really despise them there Is no inbetween.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Just played a **** ton of BotW
-Leaving Great Plateau and immediately being greeted with "Quest: Xenoblade Chronicles 2" is an experience
-I stole a horse from a Bokoblin and named it Salivant. He's a gentle horsey and I love him.
-This game is surprisingly fun. There's a lot to do even when I'm doing nothing story related
-I saw a moose walk on water. Beautiful.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thought this would be a nice post I had while of an idea playing stuff. What am I optimistic and pessimistic for this year?

Very Optimistic:

-Getting a job early
Seems like so by the time my birthday or in job interview mode.

-Advancing the relationships of friends here to off SB.
Of course this. I'm very fond of a lot of you guys and want to keep it going. Also would love to start collaborating on a project creatively as well

-Interests
This year is going to be amazing for anime, games and films. IRL my love of cycling is gonna flourish and a few more places to face off against.

Very Pessimistic:
-Everything Internet wise that isn't to do with online friends or very few sites like Wikipedia.
I'm feeling increasingly uncomfortable by the month using it and sites like YouTube, Pinterest, Amazon etc feel increasingly in your face when the alternatives aren't as great.

-Geopolitics
You know it.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
sees age talk regarding fictional characters made to look appealing and good-looking

Look, I won't judge people who are a bit too interested in fictional characters who may or may not be adults. It's not anybody's fault if they find themselves attracted to them. It also doesn't help when there are characters who are 12 or 14 who look more like adults than children. Art and character designs can be both a blessing and a curse.
And really, it's just the artist and developers doing their jobs. Characters are made to look good-looking, appealing, cute, cool, sexy, etc or whatever their purpose is. The characters are part of what sells a game, anime, movie, etc. And understandably, the artist more than often has to make them look appealing and good-looking.
Just don't mock others for being turned off by a character being younger than they look. And likewise, don't condemn others for finding interest in a character, especially if one, age is not a factor for their interest, and two, some of you probably had an interest or crush on at least one fictional character who was young. (On the other hand, if someone finds interest in a character because of their young age, I don't condemn those who do find that concerning). The only thing I think we can all agree on.

Stupid Sexy Character Designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom