• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Dyllybirdy Noipoi Noipoi @AndreaAC Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Z25 Z25 M MooMew64 @Shroob @Flyboy Lamperouge Lamperouge @osby KillerCage KillerCage KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Pokelego999 Pokelego999 @Metal Shop X @Kirby Dragons @Ramen Tengoku @Hat N' Clogs @SonicSmasher1 @Teeb147

Just wanted to give a shout-out to many of the peeps that helped make this year much less lonely for me (Apologies if I missed anyone). I don’t really have a lot to say about the year. Lots of highs, lots of lows, and through it all this channel has been a huge source of comfort and interaction for me. Despite Ultimate’s cycle being over, I don’t think I’ll leave just yet. It would take me days to say everything I wish to say about all of you so for this moment I just wanted to take the time to say thank you all.
Thank you for all the great content you’ve made, and for being a pretty chill person!

Which applies to this thread as well. I’m not one for mass tags,and im on mobile so it would be worsr To get functional, but it’s been a fun year here!

I truly enjoyed all the speculation on smash’s final characters and the other fun discussions with had on gaming as a whole.

This year wasnt anything crazy irl, but my family and I will be moving in a few weeks to a whole new state. A little scary, but I think it’s time to move on from where I’ve been.

The past few years just haven’t really meant anything to me. There was a lot of loss, and nothing really gained. So I hope I’m moving, my family can have a fresh start with hopefully a lot more to do, so that we can make more memories and meaningful ones while working towards a better future for us.

I hope that everyone here has a happy and safe New year, with nothing but positive opportunities.

As they like to say, I hope you can all

“carpe diem”

or

5800A7DB-2C57-43DE-B2CF-E7554EB0430C.jpeg

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
sees age talk regarding fictional characters made to look appealing and good-looking

Look, I won't judge people who are a bit too interested in fictional characters who may or may not be adults. It's not anybody's fault if they find themselves attracted to them. It also doesn't help when there are characters who are 12 or 14 who look more like adults than children. Art and character designs can be both a blessing and a curse.
And really, it's just the artist and developers doing their jobs. Characters are made to look good-looking, appealing, cute, cool, sexy, etc or whatever their purpose is. The characters are part of what sells a game, anime, movie, etc. And understandably, the artist more than often has to make them look appealing and good-looking.
Just don't mock others for being turned off by a character being younger than they look. And likewise, don't condemn others for finding interest in a character, especially if one, age is not a factor for their interest, and two, some of you probably had an interest or crush on at least one fictional character who was young. (On the other hand, if someone finds interest in a character because of their young age, I don't condemn those who do find that concerning). The only thing I think we can all agree on.

Stupid Sexy Character Designs.
I really despise the characters who are extremely well written and likeable but whose appearances were designed exclusively for sex appeal

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
making them rounds
Oh man as if that film couldn't be even more of a disaster.

It's Flash's first movie and it couldn't just be about him living his life, exploring more of his powers, fighting an intellectual gorilla? None of that?

Setting up to be disappointment.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh man as if that film couldn't be even more of a disaster.

It's Flash's first movie and it couldn't just be about him living his life, exploring more of his powers, fighting an intellectual gorilla? None of that?

Setting up to be disappointment.
both of Barry’s first movies in animation and live action both being Flashpoint…and both changed those sides of the DC media drastically (animation twice)…don’t think Flash is allowed to have a first time media storyline be anything else

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I didn’t realize Morbius comes out this month till now.

Honestly, I’m a little worried about it. If this is gonna be the second series in the Venom universe (assuming Venom doesn’t take place in TASM universe), it’s important that it does well so Sony doesn’t get scared to make more films that aren’t big names.

It looks okay, I’m definitely gonna see it, but this looks like a failure waiting to happen imo.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Okay, this is actually super cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 341723

- Unheard of

- Vid has 884K views

- Way before this video people with Niko PFPs were all over the place

mmhmm
Gen 5 fan mome- wait a minute...

That said, play it. It's dirt cheap nowadays and it's not a big time sink, but it's worth 7 hours of your time. Such a cute little game.
....Yeah, this is still a ****ing good ass movie.

Might have enjoyed it even more on the second watch TBH.
Is it on any streaming site?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m gonna vent real quick. (Like in Among Us)
Not sure why, but lately I’ve just been feeling super insecure about a bunch of stuff. I’m feeling pretty insecure about my VO and writing, and just me as a person. I’m not really good at socializing, and I’m afraid I’m just constantly bothering people, or that people don’t like me. I also just feel like I rely too much on the gratification of others, and that I can’t enjoy something I make unless others do. Basically, overall I feel like craaaap and I’m not 100% sure why- D3D681E4-AB6E-4636-991B-F4462A4FCB27.jpeg

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Not sure why, but lately I’ve just been feeling super insecure about a bunch of stuff. I’m feeling pretty insecure about my VO and writing, and just me as a person. I’m not really good at socializing, and I’m afraid I’m just constantly bothering people, or that people don’t like me. I also just feel like I rely too much on the gratification of others, and that I can’t enjoy something I make unless others do. Basically, overall I feel like craaaap and I’m not 100% sure why-View attachment 341724
You've been doing way more successfully than most of us (No offense guys), so there's no reason to be feeling down. You've been doing a lot. Besides, your stuff is pretty good, so you're doing just fine mate.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gen 5 fan mome- wait a minute...

That said, play it. It's dirt cheap nowadays and it's not a big time sink, but it's worth 7 hours of your time. Such a cute little game.
It was definitely a more grass-roots game but ever since the end of 2017 it's been on a steady upswing. Collabs with A Hat in Time and it getting into Steam's algorithm more and more also helped.

It's still a little niche now, but TBH even then, Niko is showing up everywhere nowadays in the indie scene. I definitely wouldn't call it a no-name.

That said tho, yeah, play it. Game's fantastic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not sure why, but lately I’ve just been feeling super insecure about a bunch of stuff. I’m feeling pretty insecure about my VO and writing, and just me as a person. I’m not really good at socializing, and I’m afraid I’m just constantly bothering people, or that people don’t like me. I also just feel like I rely too much on the gratification of others, and that I can’t enjoy something I make unless others do. Basically, overall I feel like craaaap and I’m not 100% sure why-View attachment 341724
Nah bro I feel you.

Lately I’ve been feeling like a massive screw up. Like I can’t do anything right. Like my very presence is offensive to people and I should just…dig a hole and hide in it forever.

And it’s okay to feel that, as long as you don’t let it control you. As long as you realize these things aren’t true, Y’know? Cuz if you let it control you, it’ll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Also, your voice acting is ****in great. Not everyone goes viral or gets big jobs instantly, we only notice the people who do. Keep at it and you’re gonna go far.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Insecurity? Yeah, we've all been through that. Doubting talents? Yeah, same. Gratification through interactions? Say no more.

Every teenager goes through that, trust me. I don't really got anything to tell you except stick with yourself and your talents. You're still young, you'll figure yourselve out soon. And when you do, you'll know what to do.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Nah bro I feel you.

Lately I’ve been feeling like a massive screw up. Like I can’t do anything right. Like my very presence is offensive to people and I should just…dig a hole and hide in it forever.

And it’s okay to feel that, as long as you don’t let it control you. As long as you realize these things aren’t true, Y’know? Cuz if you let it control you, it’ll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Also, your voice acting is ****in great. Not everyone goes viral or gets big jobs instantly, we only notice the people who do. Keep at it and you’re gonna go far.
Oh yeah Noi, you aren't a screw up. You're genuinely funny and a chill person, and you got cool comics and writing. I know you're probably not sweating it, but yeah.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah Noi, you aren't a screw up. You're genuinely funny and a chill person, and you got cool comics and writing. I know you're probably not sweating it, but yeah.
I’m just kind’ve a clumsy ****** :079:

I’m pretty uncoordinated and really absent minded, so I tend to screw up physical tasks easily.

But I’ve got good qualities. Like being comedy gold:wario:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom