• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
GOOOOODDDD MORNING Y'ALL!!!

How was everyone's first day of 2021 yesterday? Off on a good start?
My first day was productive.

My second day is going a bit lazy so far but I found a really cute coffeehouse when I went on a walk and met with some handsome stray cats. So, not bad at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Depending how things go in my city by March (Being at nearly 400 cases due to sudden spikes likely from the holidays). The Batman is going to be the first film this year I'll see in theaters.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even though I don't have much interest in the Flash movie, this really does make me wonder whether Warner Bros know what they are doing and where they are going with DCEU if this is indeed true?
they’re going to a Phase 4 type lifestyle before the MCU did throughout its lifetime
I guess so. There's already a new Batman.

It's a shame, really. I think both of them were really good casting choices hindered by the scripts they were given, especially Cavill.
Cavill definitely deserved to have stayed longer. He had the perfect Superman look and everything
…aye Marvel…time to make him Captain Britain

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly the more I see Legends Arceus the more excited I am to see its release. It genuinely looks amazing, and its playstyle is extremely unique for Pokemon.

Only thing I'm worried about is how little of the core gameplay we actually have seen so far. Why have they been keeping so much hush hush? Like heck, they're doing everything in their power to not show Arceus after the initial teaser, he's not even on the box art. Really weird, I feel this game has a lot to it.

Though I gotta make sure I leave the pokeleaks and pokemon subreddits to avoid getting spoiled by the inevitable "entire game leaks a week before release" again.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly the more I see Legends Arceus the more excited I am to see its release. It genuinely looks amazing, and its playstyle is extremely unique for Pokemon.

Only thing I'm worried about is how little of the core gameplay we actually have seen so far. Why have they been keeping so much hush hush? Like heck, they're doing everything in their power to not show Arceus after the initial teaser, he's not even on the box art. Really weird, I feel this game has a lot to it.

Though I gotta make sure I leave the pokeleaks and pokemon subreddits to avoid getting spoiled by the inevitable "entire game leaks a week before release" again.
Why would you even visit the main Pokemon subreddit anyways?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So just got a notification that the mailman tried to deliver a package to my house but there was no one here to pick it up.

...Its Sunday mailmen dont deliver on Sundays.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah TheMightyP TheMightyP

Before I make a list of SA1 mods in a minute, what are you looking for when playin', exactly? You want more of a vanilla with sprinkles experience, or maybe something more akin to a "remake" vibe? :nifty:
Atm, I just want the best way to play the original SA. I know DX changed some things and the X-Box port butchered it badly, so right now I just want the best way to experience SA.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Started playing Sonic Colors. I've always kind of liked Sonic as a character but I've actually never played a Sonic game before this.

I'm not really getting that into it for some reason. The gameplay feels...fine but it's not that interesting to me. And to be honest platforming in some of the 2D segments feels kind of awkward. His jump goes really far but really low which is good for fast, flat levels but makes vertical or more puzzle-oriented segments really awkward.

3D platformers were never my genre so honestly I shouldn't be surprised. I guess I expected the fast pace of the game would keep me more occupied?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm on episode 12 of JoJo: Stone Ocean. Considering that this part takes place in Florida, I honestly feel like they could make up the most ridiculous stuff (like poisonous frogs raining from the sky, in the case of this episode) and justify it by the fact that "it's Florida!"

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Got around to learning "Haha funni Among Us song" on the trumpet. That was the most productive thing I did over the break, but I'm still satisfied.
I'm still trying to learn both "Haha funni Squid Game songs" and Mary Did You Know, but Among Drip song is enough for me.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Atm, I just want the best way to play the original SA. I know DX changed some things and the X-Box port butchered it badly, so right now I just want the best way to experience SA.
Here's my (current) presets I'd recommend for the best way to play the game while still remaining faithful to the core gameplay of the DC/GCN releases. This also takes into account playing through the story and making sure the models won't looked bugged in cutscenes, as very few custom model mods work in those:

SADX Mod Installer - THE certified way to downgrade back the OG PC port and enabling modding. Comes with a whole suite of fixes and patches to match the DC release 1-1. The installer will ask which mods you want, so it's extremely customizable.

SA1 Chao World Extended - - Restores several SA2B Chao world features and offers some QoL to make SA1's Chao Garden worth playing alongside SA2B's.

Physics Swap Mod - Allows you to customize the physics of every controllable character. I'd recommend this just to swap Amy's physics to Sonic's: Believe me, it really isn't worth playing with her OG physics, as they were absolutely dreadful in every release of the game. Swapping physics is done in the mod's config editor in the mod loader!

ESRGAN-AI HD Textures - HD textures. May not want to run if you don't think your PC can handle them, though. The installation has an extra step than just popping it in the Mod Loader, so be sure to read the description.

HD Rings - Pretty Rings!

HD Shadows - Pretty shadows!

DX Characters Refined - DX models that don't look like plastic!

DX-consistent models - For some reason, back on the OG release of DX, Sega half-baked the model upgrades and just flat out didn't make new models for a buncha NPCs. This mod attempts to fix that by adding more DX styled models in! Finally, Eggman doesn't look funky anymore.

High-Poly Gamma - Sega cheaped out on giving best boi a model upgrade, for some reason. This fixes that and makes sure he doesn't look weird next to the rest of the DX cast if you use the DX models.

HD Objects - Pretty objects!

Disable Upgrade models - Disables the upgrade models that you would get for things like Sonic's bracelets, Tails' Badge, Knuckles weird yellow gloves, etc. 100% NEEDED IF YOU WANNA USE CUSTOM PLAYER MODEL MODS WITH GOOD COMPATABILITY.

EDIT: ReShade is also good for using any fun postprocessing effects you might want, or at the very least, some simple FXAA and SMAA to smooth jaggedies. You can find that Here. If you decide to use it, though, lemme know, as getting it to work on SA1 is a little tricky.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
My dad really wants to get through his backlog of movies together so I watched Dune and Matrix: Resurrections consecutively this week.

Dune had a great presentation but the story didn't really grab my interest. It doesn't help that the movie was essentially the first half of a longer film.

Matrix, on the other hand, was pretty fun. Far more uneven in quality and was too meta in the beginning, though found its footing towards the end. I liked it a lot better.

MooMew64

Been learning even more ReShade tricks and I've finally learned how to make a good cel-shaded preset.

I'll get footage soon, I still wanna tweak it a bit and test it on more games. It's not gonna look good on everything; It definitely needs the game's own style to lean into it. Noipoi Noipoi Might appreciate that the game I'm using to test it is Wario World. :nifty:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been learning even more ReShade tricks and I've finally learned how to make a good cel-shaded preset.

I'll get footage soon, I still wanna tweak it a bit and test it on more games. It's not gonna look good on everything; It definitely needs the game's own style to lean into it. Noipoi Noipoi Might appreciate that the game I'm using to test it is Wario World. :nifty:
Isn’t that the game where the pause screen has Wario

“serenading” you with his dulcet tones?

MooMew64

Isn’t that the game where the pause screen has Wario

“serenading” you with his dulcet tones?
Yup lol.

Didn't this also happen to Sonic Forces?
Forces wasn't delayed, no.

In fact, Forces itself was made in only about a year; two of those three years of development were used making the Hedgehog Engine 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom