• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dune had a great presentation but the story didn't really grab my interest. It doesn't help that the movie was essentially the first half of a longer film.
I mostly just watched Dune for the giant sandworms. Hope Part 2 shows them more.

Have to also watch the original 1980s film as well as mini-series.
I just had my final bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms for a good while. I'm not gonna eat a single piece of candy for a while. It's gonna be painful but I'll get through it.

Good Night My Gamers
I myself decided to give up on candy (Except chocolate) as well as soda. I think it was for the better honestly.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I myself decided to give up on candy (Except chocolate) as well as soda. I think it was for the better honestly.
I'm only taking a break from eating sweets for over a month. I don't want to deprive myself of them since I do enjoy them, I just want to stop being addicted to them.

But after those 42 days are over I'm gonna stop drinking anything that has caffeine in it for good. I'm way too dependent on it and it's likely the reason I have so little energy for stuff

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So into January. For me personally this is going to be month of 3 and 5 year personal anniversaries since I've played this game and that game. For that expect one of my lengthiest posts at some point this month

First of all though around this week three years ago I watched what is now one of my favourite anime of all time.

A Place Further Than The Universe.
"I was just thinking.......this is fun!"
"Fun?"
"Yeah! It's like............motion! I feel like my youth is in motion!" I love this scene so much.

So recommending to a few of my fellow weebs. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 and others. It's short and a bit sad at the end but you get some of the best animation, music and enjoyment out there.

I mean, have I ever been wrong about my anime recommendations?

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So into January. For me personally this is going to be month of 3 and 5 year personal anniversaries since I've played this game and that game. For that expect one of my lengthiest posts at some point this month

First of all though around this week three years ago I watched what is now one of my favourite anime of all time.

A Place Further Than The Universe.
"I was just thinking.......this is fun!"
"Fun?"
"Yeah! It's like............motion! I feel like my youth is in motion!" I love this scene so much.

So recommending to a few of my fellow weebs. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 and others. It's short and a bit sad at the end but you get some of the best animation, music and enjoyment out there.

I mean, have I ever been wrong about my anime recommendations?

It was one of my most liked anime three years ago. Although some points almost made me cry.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hmm, OBS can't record HDR content. You can kind of fudge it with LUTs, but that's a loooooota hassle for very little reward.

Nvidia's Shadow Play can record HDR, but it can have a bit of a hard time with games like Sonic games where things are moving extremely quickly.

Y'all will have to tell me what you think of the Nvidia Shadow Play captured footage once I can get an S2 ReShade preset video out. I'm legit curious if people think it looks good.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Cavill definitely deserved to have stayed longer. He had the perfect Superman look and everything
…aye Marvel…time to make him Captain Britain
I agree with this. Cavill looked good as Superman and it is a shame that he isn't getting the recognition he deserves. Anyways, I would not be surprised if he is considering jumping ship to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future at some point.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Over the Top has gotta be one of Stallone's criminally underrated films. Can't understand how people consider it one of his worst. There's so much heart to it regarding the relationship between Lincoln Hawk and his son. It's the perfect Father's Day movie for fathers and sons to watch together.

One of the very few movies I'd pretty much consider flawless. If there was one thing though, I did wish in the aftermath of winning the arm wrestling championship that Lincoln and Cutler had one final scene together where the latter admits that he was wrong about Lincoln that he has indeed changed and him having sacrificed everything for his son deeply has convinced him and so he decides to let his grandson decide who he wants to be with which Michael chooses his father, Lincoln though tells Cutler from time to time, he'll let Michael visit him. Both Lincoln and Cutler finally puts things behind in the past and start anew in terms of family relationship.
Starting tomorrow, Im going over to my family friends house 2 times a day to look after a dog who has lung cancer while they are at work
Tell the family that I give my sympathies and pray by some miracle their dog survives his/her cancer...:(

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ell the family that I give my sympathies and pray by some miracle their dog survives his/her cancer...:(
Oh, ITs terminal Apparently. She has her good day and her bad days, like today she was breathing hard, not really eating but she was drinking plently of water because shes on staroids. Maybe so touch of god, she will beat it but at this moment, they are looking for at a place that has hospice for doogys

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I agree with this. Cavill looked good as Superman and it is a shame that he isn't getting the recognition he deserves. Anyways, I would not be surprised if he is considering jumping ship to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future at some point.
yeah. If he were to continue doing superhero things, the MCU is one of the few things available for him to do (amongst other cool things like Invincible perhaps…idk why that’s the first thing to come up in my mind)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh, ITs terminal Apparently. She has her good day and her bad days, like today she was breathing hard, not really eating but she was drinking plently of water because shes on staroids. Maybe so touch of god, she will beat it but at this moment, they are looking for at a place that has hospice for doogys
Really unfortunate. I just pray she continues to live the rest of her days with comfort and love from her family.

This hurts typing because I love dogs and want the best for all of them. Very emotional being an avid dog lover.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I remember seeing someone suggest he play Brian Braddock/Captain Britain. That seems like a decent role for him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You were the one who originally recommended Tokyo Revengers to me lol.
View attachment 341765

...............................................Fair point.

God that anime was disappointing. Not hair ripping out divisive like To Your Eternity that season. Just became disappointing.
My brother wanted to watch this, so we watched the first few episodes. He thought it was going to be some big action anime with a lot of fight scenes. Which unless they changes it, then it didn’t. Wasn’t a bad story idea but we stopped watching early on.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My brother wanted to watch this, so we watched the first few episodes. He thought it was going to be some big action anime with a lot of fight scenes. Which unless they changes it, then it didn’t. Wasn’t a bad story idea but we stopped watching early on.
It was just hard for me to suspend my disbelief when middle schoolers (who look like grown ass adults) seemingly run the world and the time travel hand shake thing is given absolutely no explanation as to how it works.

And the main dude is one of the worst anime protags I've seen in recent memory.

Reactions: Z25

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
YOOOOOOOO NEWCOMER!

Excitement aside, from the looks of the logo, I'm guessing it's a Metal Gear rep. My bet is on Raiden, but Gray Fox is certainly a possibility.
I kinda see the F-Zero logo but I don't know how believable that is.
I'm seeing the Star Fox Logo. And it doesn't have Krystal yet, so...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok so my dog thing, its 30 for 4 days. dunno how long I'll be doing this but after talking with my dad, I felt like I cheated myself out of money but on the other hand, they are family friends, not some stranger

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Trying some new drawing software, it's called Krita. This one's got stabilizers, oooohh
I missed this earlier but I will say back when I still drew on PC, Krita was rad. If it was available on my iPad I woulda still stuck with it, it's 100% a rising star in the art community and if I ever find myself back on desktop it's 100% what I would use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom