• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm drawing this week's AMA in a bit

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if y'all went once or twice before, you're free to go again!
if I’m the last person of 2021 or the first person of 2022 then I will do nothing…the powers of bribery

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m watching RelaxAlax’s video explaining every Smash character reveal, and he got to the Sonic part talking about how it destroyed ****.

I still think Sonic is the absolute biggest character reveal in Smash history, even if characters like Cloud, Joker, Sora, Steve, Pittoo, and Ridley gained more hype (which…maybe they all did…). Tho however had the biggest overall hype between them all doesn’t really topple how big Sonic joining was (even tho his series deserves more content without Sonic Team having whatever limitations they may be placing). Mans made it possible for anybody who seemed impossible possible to join…and the dream fight between him and Mario.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers
I know I never post here, but I have to keep this a secret for now, and am so excited about it, and that's the fact my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm going to be father for the second time! 2022 is ready gonna begin very positive for me ! Especially since I calculated the baby to be born 3 days after my birthday (August first, and my birthday is July 28th).
Ayy, congrats!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hey, someone else who likes The Incredible Hulk! While I personally prefer Ruffalo, Norton was still pretty good. Kind of a shame that this movie is almost completely forgotten/ intentionally ignored most likely because of Universals distribution rights...

Anyway, my favorite MCU movies/ projects:
  • Iron Man (replace Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle and this movie would be perfect for me)
  • Iron Man 3
  • Avengers - Age of Ultron
  • Avengers - Infinity War
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Captain Marvel
  • Hawkeye
honorable mention:
  • Thor Ragnarok
  • Ant-Man
  • Black Widow
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
I haven't watched Eternals and Spider-Man No Way Home yet. Hopefully this changes soon.
Adding Hawkeye to the favorites.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I’m watching RelaxAlax’s video explaining every Smash character reveal, and he got to the Sonic part talking about how it destroyed ****.

I still think Sonic is the absolute biggest character reveal in Smash history, even if characters like Cloud, Joker, Sora, Steve, Pittoo, and Ridley gained more hype (which…maybe they all did…). Tho however had the biggest overall hype between them all doesn’t really topple how big Sonic joining was (even tho his series deserves more content without Sonic Team having whatever limitations they may be placing). Mans made it possible for anybody who seemed impossible possible to join…and the dream fight between him and Mario.
I dont know if it's just me, but Sonic and Sora had more or less the same effect when it comes to being the most earth shattering reveals.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today the Pokémon Xenoverse Furious Battles part 3 comes out!

But I have a confession to make: I haven't played any of the Furious Battles DLC yet. I've become the champion but I still need to catch the remaining legendaries/mythicals and battle Gold.

I'll try to work on that today.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello there.

Guess who just bought all the volumes of Chainsaw Man at last?

I didn't bought a manga for quite some time, yet this series made me so invested, I had to get my hands on every singles volumes & avoid scans as much as I could, and god was it worth it. Especially since it's only part 1! Jojo reference?!!?!

Suffice to say, i'm very excited for the anime & the sequel, but I didn't come here to just say that.

While I'm still not 100% in the mood to come back here more often for various reasons, I still want to wish ya all a happy christmas before it's too late. This forum & some of the folks here have helped me alot during some tough times, and it would just stink to not celebrate before we move to the next year, doesn't it?

2021 might have been a barely better mess than 2020, but I still hope ya all the best for 2022. 'cuz after all, say it with me, fellow Chainsaw Man Fans:

~THE FUTURE IS BEST~

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Weeeelllllppp

my internet is down and so is the cable and landline and I cannot clock in to work for at most four hours 🙃

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion: Everyone saying superhero movies will never fade away.

Yes they will, every decade had its genre. Pre-late 70s had westerns, late 70s/80s had horror and slashers, 90s had action, unsure of the 2000s and now the 2010s and currently is superheroes. This is not going to be any different.

Besides it's looking like either video games (I think this is going to reach its peak by the time of the animated Mario movie with Sonic and its upcoming sequel being the start) or nostalgia (Based on how many "belated" sequels are beginning to happen) will be the next best thing granted this likely won't be for a long while.

May I remind too that before the Sam Raimi Spider-man films and MCU became a thing, superhero movies weren't taken seriously for the most part even being somewhat laughed on.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder which will happen first? Square breaking Sony exclusivity and getting their new Final Fantasy games onto the Series X, or me actually being given a reason to buy a PS5?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Unpopular opinion: Everyone saying superhero movies will never fade away.

Yes they will, every decade had its genre. Pre-late 70s had westerns, late 70s/80s had horror and slashers, 90s had action, unsure of the 2000s and now the 2010s and currently is superheroes. This is not going to be any different.

Besides it's looking like either video games (I think this is going to reach its peak by the time of the animated Mario movie with Sonic and its upcoming sequel being the start) or nostalgia (Based on how many "belated" sequels are beginning to happen) will be the next best thing granted this likely won't be for a long while.

May I remind too that before the Sam Raimi Spider-man films and MCU became a thing, superhero movies weren't taken seriously for the most part even being somewhat laughed on.
Except video game movies aren't a genre

Also you're acting like nostalgia hasn't been bloating Hollywood since at least the early 2010s

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Except video game movies aren't a genre
You still get what I mean anyways. In recent years there has been a surge in video game movie adaptions. Rampage, Detective Pikachu, Tomb Raider (2018), Monster Hunter, Sonic and its upcoming film, Mortal Kombat (2021), Werewolves Within, upcoming Uncharted, and the Mario movie next year which I think is going to be their peak. There's also the eventual Mega Man movie that was announced not too long ago.
Also you're acting like nostalgia hasn't been bloating Hollywood since at least the early 2010s
Maybe but there's been a sudden spike in them then before.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Overall though movies are like tides, they come and go. Like, Independence Day was a return to the disaster genre after it had laid moribund since the 70s.

That's all I've pretty much got to say.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Been playing some Metal Slug. They are awesome games that honestly rival Contra. I'm so grateful that we got several songs from it in Smash, although a costume would have been nice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Trailer for Doctor Strange 2 is public now.

I assume he's going to be a cameo to show how badly the universe has been screwed up, rather than the main threat, but it's kind of crazy that Shuma Gorath went from "random Dr. Strange villain with less than ten appearances that Capcom pushed really hard for to be included in the Marvel vs. Capcom games" to being in a movie.

Also, I'm interested to see Sam Raimi returning to the superhero genre.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I assume he's going to be a cameo to show how badly the universe has been screwed up, rather than the main threat, but it's kind of crazy that Shuma Gorath went from "random Dr. Strange villain with less than ten appearances that Capcom pushed really hard for to be included in the Marvel vs. Capcom games" to being in a movie.

Also, I'm interested to see Sam Raimi returning to the superhero genre.
I'm still not entirely sure that is Shuma Gorath considering that one LEGO Set leak, but if it is then hell yeah.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And I really doubt they’ll put the new FF on XBox any time soon.

So Y’know :drshrug:
I hope they reverse that decision. I mean, 7R is on PC now so… maybe? I just… I really don’t want to have to buy ANOTHER $600 box just to keep up with one series. Especially because like.. aside from final fantasy I have no other reason to want a PS5.

And that’s the major thing. The reason can’t be just one thing. I’m not spending $600 to play one or two games. That’s ridiculous. I need not only multiple games that I want to play that are coming to the thing exclusively and not to Xbox ever, and that I can look forward to consistent future installments from. Looking at it from that perspective, and knowing how particular my tastes can be, I honestly can’t say which is more likely because both feel so impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom