• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't believe this. Apparently, Pokemon fans EAT when they are hungry.

I hate this fanbase
Don’t be silly, they never eating because Arne games are ****.

They don’t get to eat good like us Mario fans when Odyssey came out.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Ultraman DLC just dropped, it also has the cast of Iron blooded orphans, an anime i know nothing about but man the theme song goes hard when you hear it playing in the DLC chapters this guy and Ultraman pop up in.
The games version of the song hasnt been uploaded to youtube so i'm putting the actual one from the show.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Well, I wasn’t able to see NWH after all, spent so much money on presents and fixing my phone that I couldn’t afford a ticket. My parents offered to take me later so it’s not that bad though. Just glad I got all the shopping done with.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** I found multiple episodes of the Nicktoons version of DBZ Kai…looks like I’m no longer watching the uncensored version (well…switching around the 2 at the least)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother just came back from christmas shopping saying he got me a PS4 game, saying it's a game i wanted to play but never got around to buying, cant think of what game that could be though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Can see why this is a classic to many and what's best about it is it can be a traditional movie watched on the month of October and December being both a Halloween and Christmas movie.

Overall didn't love it but still liked it though I did have a few problems.

Movie did feel rushed and should've at least had another 15-20 minutes. Also how did Sally and Jack exactly know where Santa was being held captive by Oogie Boogie? Did they have a sixth sense or something? And if Santa's hat was all Jack wanted, why get Lock, Shock, and Barrel to physically bring Santa all the way over to Halloween Town and simply just didn't get them to steal it instead?

Zero also makes me wish I had a ghost dog. Never would have to worry about my dog ever getting sick or dying for that matter, granted he/she technically would already be dead but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I...

I'm actually kinda making Sonic Colors Ultimate look good with just ReShade alone???

Y'all, ReShade is magic, IDK how the heck it's pulling off what it is but it is and HOLY CRUD does it really highlight this game's visual woes was more rooted in the...ahem, "colors" than just a bit of over-exuberant bloom.

I'll get screenshots in just a minute, but yeah, this is looking actually better than the Wii version so far. Granted, it'll look even better when I can tone down the bloom just a tad with mods, but until then, this'll do.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know I never post here, but I have to keep this a secret for now, and am so excited about it, and that's the fact my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm going to be father for the second time! 2022 is ready gonna begin very positive for me ! Especially since I calculated the baby to be born 3 days after my birthday (August first, and my birthday is July 28th).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Gridman characters meeting Ultraman is wholesome, seeing as Utsumi is a big fan of the show in SSSS.Gridman.

His hype is what i wanted to see when this DLC was announced.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I know I never post here, but I have to keep this a secret for now, and am so excited about it, and that's the fact my girlfriend is pregnant and I'm going to be father for the second time! 2022 is ready gonna begin very positive for me ! Especially since I calculated the baby to be born 3 days after my birthday (August first, and my birthday is July 28th).
Congrats!

MooMew64

This makes the game look MUCH nicer: The original game's rendering makes everything look so...Flat and de-saturated, for some reason: For a game about Colors, Ultimate's base rendering does everything it can to make things look muted. With a simple application of LightRoom, FakeHDR, and Clarity, the game can look much more alive and vibrant. The bloom definitely still needs tweaking IMO, but it's not entirely uncomplimentary: It gives off slight Wind Waker HD vibes this way.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Congratulations!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ayy, congrats!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Congratulations! :kirby:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Can see why this is a classic to many and what's best about it is it can be a traditional movie watched on the month of October and December being both a Halloween and Christmas movie.

Overall didn't love it but still liked it though I did have a few problems.

Movie did feel rushed and should've at least had another 15-20 minutes. Also how did Sally and Jack exactly know where Santa was being held captive by Oogie Boogie? Did they have a sixth sense or something? And if Santa's hat was all Jack wanted, why get Lock, Shock, and Barrel to physically bring Santa all the way over to Halloween Town and simply just didn't get them to steal it instead?

Zero also makes me wish I had a ghost dog. Never would have to worry about my dog ever getting sick or dying for that matter, granted he/she technically would already be dead but you know what I mean.
Jack wanted Santa Claus to have the year off, as a vacation of sorts. That's why he wanted them to bring back Santa himself and not just the man's hat. I forget if only mentions needing the hat, but there's no way Jack could do Christmas himself if Santa wasn't off the clock, so this still logically lines up with the storyline.

The movie was also Tim Burton's first attempt to make feature-length stop-motion film, something that I don't believe anyone else had ever accomplished before, either, and thus it took several painstaking years to make. At one point the set of Oogie Boogie's lair also got destroyed, which left them more strapped for time. If the movie seems slightly too short, that's probably why. This did result in a plot twist getting completely removed, though, and tbh I think it's for the better.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And one of the other characters added to this DLC pack is the main character of the SRW mobile game.
When he joins the party he says "I have to find a way back to my world fast so i can rejoin my comrades!"

Knowing that this is one his comrades makes me chuckle:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pokémon Unbound got an insane update!

They buffed quite a few Pokémon.

Reworked the entire story, added customization, rebalanced the game across every difficulty, making some things harder, others easier. Added even more quality of life features from before, finished the Battle facilities, changed around a lot of Pokémon, and made everyone available. They also switched up some tms, redid like every major characters design , with really good art now.

They added 41 new music tracks, changed some puzzles,updated a lot of raids and wild Pokémon things, and so much more.

This rom hack is absolutely worth playing now, even if you beat it once. There dedication here is amazing!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Reworked the entire story, added customization, rebalanced the game across every difficulty, making some things harder, others easier. Added even more quality of life features from before, finished the Battle facilities, changed around a lot of Pokémon, and made everyone available. They also switched up some tms, redid like every major characters design , with really good art now.

They added 41 new music tracks, changed some puzzles,updated a lot of raids and wild Pokémon things, and so much more.

This rom hack is absolutely worth playing now, even if you beat it once. There dedication here is amazing!
Is this one of those ones I gotta splice?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I never knew GBA hacking has gone far enough to be able to include content and mechanics from modern games

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yoooo that’s awesome man! Congrats!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
valid question

MooMew64

KillerCage KillerCage Your Padoru's rough sketch is almost done. Gonna finish that up tomorrow when I get home from work and then begin work on the lineart.

Thanks to Padorus being pretty much flat shaded, once lineart is done, coloring will be pretty quick, so you should have it pretty soon. :nifty:

Quick question tho: Is the character's helmet a requirement? 'Cause right now they don't have it on due to the Santa hat, but it'd be super easy to add if you want it on.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hey guys i want to wish you all a happy Holidays. Smashboards is full of copypasted holiday messages, that people don't even read and just forward to other servers. I don't like that. I like to write what i deeply wish and what comes from my heart. Our friendships, from the most deep ones to the most virtual ones are very important and will never be represented by a simple message copied from elsewhere. This being said I would like to thank all of you. You are the best basketball team i've ever played with. Lots of love, Jeremy

Splice? What do you mean?
Like splicing the ROM hack into the ROM itself

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I never knew GBA hacking has gone far enough to be able to include content and mechanics from modern games
It’s a recent thing that came out around Radical Red’s release. The Unbound creator actually helped make this engine, that even supports Gen 8 and it’s mechanics.
I recently learned that your mom in Pokémon Xenoverse is Green
yes which is pretty neat. Also your dad is:
Silver

Hey guys i want to wish you all a happy Holidays. Smashboards is full of copypasted holiday messages, that people don't even read and just forward to other servers. I don't like that. I like to write what i deeply wish and what comes from my heart. Our friendships, from the most deep ones to the most virtual ones are very important and will never be represented by a simple message copied from elsewhere. This being said I would like to thank all of you. You are the best basketball team i've ever played with. Lots of love, Jeremy

Like splicing the ROM hack into the ROM itself
Oh, that’s what I figured you meant. Yes you have to patch it to play it, but it should be pretty easy. You just use a UPs patcher you can find online, and then it should be good to go with the right Rom.

KillerCage

Smash Master
KillerCage KillerCage Your Padoru's rough sketch is almost done. Gonna finish that up tomorrow when I get home from work and then begin work on the lineart.

Thanks to Padorus being pretty much flat shaded, once lineart is done, coloring will be pretty quick, so you should have it pretty soon. :nifty:

Quick question tho: Is the character's helmet a requirement? 'Cause right now they don't have it on due to the Santa hat, but it'd be super easy to add if you want it on.
The helmet is not required, but you may have to include the tiny metal wings on his head.
The helmet covers them up.
This is what these wings look like.

So you may have to choose between including the helmet or the wings (assuming the hat doesn't cover them up.)
I personally prefer Reg have his helmet on.
Double hats!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom