• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hope they reverse that decision. I mean, 7R is on PC now so… maybe? I just… I really don’t want to have to buy ANOTHER $600 box just to keep up with one series. Especially because like.. aside from final fantasy I have no other reason to want a PS5.

And that’s the major thing. The reason can’t be just one thing. I’m not spending $600 to play one or two games. That’s ridiculous. I need not only multiple games that I want to play that are coming to the thing exclusively and not to Xbox ever, and that I can look forward to consistent future installments from. Looking at it from that perspective, and knowing how particular my tastes can be, I honestly can’t say which is more likely because both feel so impossible.
The bigvest issue is that iirc, FF does poorly on X-BOX. Hell, JRPGs in general do bad on xbox, DQ took 11 entries to get 1 title on XBox when every game in the series is playable on Nintendo and majority are on PlayStation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The bigvest issue is that iirc, FF does poorly on X-BOX. Hell, JRPGs in general do bad on xbox, DQ took 11 entries to get 1 title on XBox when every game in the series is playable on Nintendo and majority are on PlayStation.
I know. I understand. It's totally a me thing. I just really want to keep up the series and really don't want to buy a PS5.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Chances you'd probably want a PC instead if you want the new Squenix games on a non-Playstation console
But you see, I already HAVE a Series X. So why can't I wish for the third party game to be on multiple platforms.

Plus if I don't want to spend $600 on a PS5 i CERTAINLY don't want to spend like $6,000 on a good gaming pc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
But you see, I already HAVE a Series X. So why can't I wish for the third party game to be on multiple platforms.

Plus if I don't want to spend $600 on a PS5 i CERTAINLY don't want to spend like $6,000 on a good gaming pc.
Yeah, life’s like this.

Uh huh, that’s the way it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Vile race:

1640196623316.png

“I’m Vile Pachacamac. Let’s proceed. I don’t think I forgot anything before coming here.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Incan mythology. A creator deity worshipped in the city of Pachacamac. His name means “creator of the world” in Quechua. He created the first man and woman but caused the death of the man by forgetting to feed them. After the woman accused him of neglect, he killed her and her firstborn as well. But he was then beaten and driven into the ocean by her heroic second child Wichama, where he gave up and became the supreme god of fish.

Skills: Mabufula, Mamudoon, Tetrakarn, Concentrate

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Genma race.

Did you know there is a Sonic character named after this guy? Wild. Anyway, mythologically, Pachacamac is a major **** so him being of the Vile race and the punchable grin on his face are not coincidences. Most of his look has the fish-god concept but I like how the chains around him hint that it’s not a role he took willingly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Flash sounds like it's gonna be a disaster tbh especially if it attempts to copy Endgame or No Way Home.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You cannot shape a world purely from ideals, there must be truth to give it foundation.

You cannot shape a world purely from truth, there must be ideals to give it direction.

Things aren't purely black or white, in reality, everything's sorta grey.
And yet, ideals are often ignored and shunted away by people going "That's the way it is!" like that's some sort of comfort or acknowledgement of the problem or way to fix it or literally anything other than an irritation. ****ing Wobuffets.
OH HELL NO

Delete this ****
Ideals over truth. I like Reshiram's design over Zekrom's though. And don't get me started on why I think the white flowey feminine sounding one that looks like a cloud should be the electric type pokemon of ideals and the hard agressive masculine looking one should be the fire type pokemon of truth.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yet, ideals are often ignored and shunted away by people going "That's the way it is!" like that's some sort of comfort or acknowledgement of the problem or way to fix it or literally anything other than an irritation. ****ing Wobuffets.
I was literally making an Avril Lavigne reference you poptart :239:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're saying it like Wobuffets aren't amazing.

Ideals over truth. I like Reshiram's design over Zekrom's though. And don't get me started on why I think the white flowey feminine sounding one that looks like a cloud should be the electric type pokemon of ideals and the hard agressive masculine looking one should be the fire type pokemon of truth.
I'm gonna be honest, this is the first time I've ever seen someone attributing secondary gender characteristics to Reshiram and Zekrom.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How could you not?.... Look at them....
I literally don't see it. :drshrug:

Like, some animals are just fluffy, that doesn't mean they look feminine. Zekrom just looks inorganic and genderless to me, at least more so than Reshiram, which resembles a male lion to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well it could be interpreted that Zekrom being hard and sturdy represents holding onto your ideals and never letting them falter, no matter what hardships you face or how they clash with the truth. And Reshiram’s soft yet stoic demeanor represents accepting the truth as ultimate, but losing one’s heart or spirit in the process. Becoming emotionless, blank.

But you’re not interested in any of that, are you :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well it could be interpreted that Zekrom being hard and sturdy represents holding onto your ideals and never letting them falter, no matter what hardships you face or how they clash with the truth. And Reshiram’s soft yet stoic demeanor represents accepting the truth as ultimate, but losing one’s heart or spirit in the process. Becoming emotionless, blank.

But you’re not interested in any of that, are you :nifty:
I actually had just never thought of that angle. And that like... works.... My only complaint is that it also clashes with their typing. Truth is fire type because the truth is constant and burning and ideals are electric because they are flowing and everchanging.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I actually had just never thought of that angle. And that like... works.... My only complaint is that it also clashes with their typing. Truth is fire type because the truth is constant and burning and ideals are electric because they are flowing and everchanging.
Well Reshiram may draw some inspiration from Ahura Mazda, a creator deity in Zoroastrianism. Who’s associated with fire.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't fire and electricity both flow?

Well Reshiram may to draw some inspiration from Ahura Mazda, a creator deity in Zoroastrianism. Who’s associated with fire.
Huh, that's interesting. Would that make Zekrom Angra Mainyu? 🤔

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Watched the Hawkeye finale. It was nice. Not the best mini-series but it isn't WandaVision. I'd give it a tied second place with Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Yeah there's no way Kingpin's dead from that gunshot after we see him tank all those arrows. He definitely seems weaker than how he was portrayed in the Netflix series imo, but I have a hunch he's still alive. Somehow. :nifty: Or maybe there's some Daredevil antagonist I don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom