• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Bleach trailer really hit. Also, the new DBS trailer too. Ichigo AND Gohan content? WE MOVE!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wait, hold up

Microsoft's Xbox companion apps on Windows 11 are kinda sick, what

I wasn't expecting to be okay with not launching GamePass games through Steam, but, uh....Microsoft's store loads a lot faster.

Like, a LOT faster.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
For all intensive purposes, yeah they still aren’t recovering and if this new variant gets bad, they certainly won’t recover, at least any time soon.

The only movies that have been able to survive in a post COVID world are ones from big name studios. If your a smaller scaled project, you likely haven’t had much of a chance.
It certainly has been a rather challenging year for films and the box office this year as the pandemic is still remain in existence in which like you said, it will still take more time for it to recover. But with the surge of cases, I'm not entirely certain what will happen next.

Whilst Spider-Man: No Way Home is bound to break records as the character itself is one of the most well-known and popular within the super hero genre, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings did respectively well in the box office performance considering for one that is also in the same status as Spider-Man being a popular character, whilst the other is a new and unfamiliar similar to how Guardians of the Galaxy had been recieved when it became a success.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
NWH stuff
No Way Home also had 2 decades of buildup and hype, not because of Tobey and Andrew, but because historically Spider-Man has not had the pleasent ending that it deserved. Spider-Man 3 was shoehorned with executive meddeling, and TASM2 was just not good. People wanted to see a good conclusion to Spider-Man after 2 decades of letdowns and unfinished work.

IMO, that's where all the initial No Way Home hype came from, because everyone was excited for a Spidey trilogy to start strong and end even stronger. All eyes were on NWH for that alone.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Either make the experience share a toggle, or balance the game around. I'm traditional so I'd prefer the former but heck, I can learn to live with Exp.Share changes just as long as they're done well.

I'd really prefer they did both though, like in Gen 7. Exp.Share never bothered me in that game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NWH stuff
No Way Home also had 2 decades of buildup and hype, not because of Tobey and Andrew, but because historically Spider-Man has not had the pleasent ending that it deserved. Spider-Man 3 was shoehorned with executive meddeling, and TASM2 was just not good. People wanted to see a good conclusion to Spider-Man after 2 decades of letdowns and unfinished work.

IMO, that's where all the initial No Way Home hype came from, because everyone was excited for a Spidey trilogy to start strong and end even stronger. All eyes were on NWH for that alone.
it also gave Tom’s Spider-Man the loss he neeeded to fully become the most developed of them all. Losing Aunt May and managing to not kill a single villain despite the 3 living years as the Web-Head, while also losing MJ, Ned, his Super Petey Brothers, whatever remaining bits of Avengers history, and Happy at the same time

Helps that he gets to have a “Brand New Day” moving forward, with nobody to be by his side for the time being, and for having the newest best live action costume…and for having his theme song go into the memorable status quickly…solidifying how this Spider-Man is going to stay for the long run…

all that aside, I do gotta say one thing about Michelle Jones Watson…she totally had the case of deja vu when Peterless her was talking to him after awhile. Whether it’s the 4th movie or the 5th, I definitely hope they get back together instead of going for another love interest.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My mom wants to see NWH with me... despite the fact that she hasn't seen any of the MCU movies or any of the older Spider-Man movies.
YDconfuzzled.jpg

I'm not mad or anything, and I think she just wants to spend time with me, but it's just... surprising.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
it also gave Tom’s Spider-Man the loss he neeeded to fully become the most developed of them all. Losing Aunt May and managing to not kill a single villain despite the 3 living years as the Web-Head, while also losing MJ, Ned, his Super Petey Brothers, whatever remaining bits of Avengers history, and Happy at the same time

Helps that he gets to have a “Brand New Day” moving forward, with nobody to be by his side for the time being, and for having the newest best live action costume…and for having his theme song go into the memorable status quickly…solidifying how this Spider-Man is going to stay for the long run…

all that aside, I do gotta say one thing about Michelle Jones Watson…she totally had the case of deja vu when Peterless her was talking to him after awhile. Whether it’s the 4th movie or the 5th, I definitely hope they get back together instead of going for another love interest.
I read about all that on Wikipedia having seen the trailer and being interested in seeing the movie and reading all that reminded me “oh yeah, I don’t like marvel”. So yeah I’m not gonna watch it now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gamefreak when designing my boy Archeops: IDK maybe giving a pokemon 140 attack and 110 speed is too much even with low defensive and terrible defensive typing, better give it a debilitating ability just to be safe.

Gamefreak when designing Pheromosa: Aaaaay LMAO

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My mom wants to see NWH with me... despite the fact that she hasn't seen any of the MCU movies or any of the older Spider-Man movies.
View attachment 340561
I'm not mad or anything, and I think she just wants to spend time with me, but it's just... surprising.
strike while the Iron Man is hot
I read about all that on Wikipedia having seen the trailer and being interested in seeing the movie and reading all that reminded me “oh yeah, I don’t like marvel”. So yeah I’m not gonna watch it now.
so you’re not going to watch the best MCU movie by far because Spider-Man pulls a Spider-Man move?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the MCU is going to be a lot trickier to get caught up on after Spider-Man: No Way Home and Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, since rather than watching the MCU movies with stuff like Agents of SHIELD being supplementary, (mild spoilers for both movies) it now helps to have watched the three Raimi Spider-Man movies, the two Amazing Spider-Man movies, both Venom movies, WandaVision, at least a few episodes of Daredevil, and possibly the Dr. Strange episode of What-If to have a full understanding of what's going on.

(though if Spider-Man's any indication, they'll find ways to get people caught up on what they might have missed - some moments just might not be as meaningful)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Gamefreak when designing my boy Archeops: IDK maybe giving a pokemon 140 attack and 110 speed is too much even with low defensive and terrible defensive typing, better give it a debilitating ability just to be safe.

at least they gave it the crappiest defenses known to man

And at least its an Ultra Beast and not a regular mon

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
strike while the Iron Man is hot

so you’re not going to watch the best MCU movie by far because Spider-Man pulls a Spider-Man move?
I always assumed that he had a spider-man moment like that already, especially since a certain rice packet isn't in his life, and we just didn't need to see it because we all know the shtick. And I don't care if it's the best MCU movie. That moment ruins it for me. I won't be able to think about that part of the plot without thinking it's needlessly harsh to someone who did nothing to deserve it and how it's going to keep coming up in the next movies and it's going to keep getting rubbed in his face. NOBODY remembers he's spider-man. Not even the people who probably should. Like the people paying his bills now that Mays gone. Or the other Avengers who might need him to help with the next Thanos. It's the same reason Infinity War and Endgame ruined Marvel for me before. They did something too big and too far reaching and it sours not only the entire movie but the entire franchise for me. It not only renders me unable to enjoy the movie itself but it also makes it so I can't enjoy anything else coming up in the future. Also. You were one away from a Sinister Six. Was Paul Giamatti too busy to come back as Rhino? Seriously.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So had a day where for some I've been eating ice cream and playing FIFA. I don't know what is up with me now.

Anyways and to tag Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and Lamperouge Lamperouge and other anime fans. Decided the final three I'm gonna watch this year for anime. Planning on finishing Beyond the Boundary tomorrow.

1639871659982.png
1639871721718.png
img20210115-11579-1xx9p16.jpeg

Also thanks Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo for introducing me to Millionaire Detective. One of the best cop show things I've seen so far.

Anyways I'll be on here so anymore questions for the AMA will be fun.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, haven't been here in a hot minute! Haven't been up to too much, I've just been playing more Animal Crossing and Security Breach, haha. I also watched No Way Home! And it is freaking AMAZING.

Now, about Security Breach! Security Breach is fun, albeit flawed and pretty glitchy. (Luckily Steel Wool Studios is working on patches right now.) Plenty of FNAF fans were disappointed by the gameplay and some of the visuals, but like... I don't think FNAF fans ever played FNAF games because they had spectacular gameplay and visuals, haha. I know I haven't. I guess expectations were high because the game kept getting delayed so much. Though I will say, delays usually mean the product is having a bit of a troubled development, not that the studio is really takin' their time.

But being the voice over nerd I am, I will say, this game has some SPECTACULAR voice over, and I really love the script. Plus, we got a protagonist with an actual personality and it's amazing. The music and animations are also a highlight of this game.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I honestly wonder what would've happened if Archeops released in Gen 7 or 8. With Gen 5 it was clear they felt they needed to 'balance' it to warrant its higher stats, but with how the meta has grown and power creep has steadily grown that 'balance' feels even less warranted then it did before.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
First episode impressed. Kambe is a bit of an ass with his money but you can't hate him and Kato is voiced by Mamoru Miyano so that's enough of an interest in the two leads easily IMO. Three episodes in and just loving the chemistry.

Points for the OP as well. Like a Bond meets Wolf of Wall Street vibe but anime.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I always assumed that he had a spider-man moment like that already, especially since a certain rice packet isn't in his life, and we just didn't need to see it because we all know the shtick. And I don't care if it's the best MCU movie. That moment ruins it for me. I won't be able to think about that part of the plot without thinking it's needlessly harsh to someone who did nothing to deserve it and how it's going to keep coming up in the next movies and it's going to keep getting rubbed in his face. NOBODY remembers he's spider-man. Not even the people who probably should. Like the people paying his bills now that Mays gone. Or the other Avengers who might need him to help with the next Thanos. It's the same reason Infinity War and Endgame ruined Marvel for me before. They did something too big and too far reaching and it sours not only the entire movie but the entire franchise for me. It not only renders me unable to enjoy the movie itself but it also makes it so I can't enjoy anything else coming up in the future. Also. You were one away from a Sinister Six. Was Paul Giamatti too busy to come back as Rhino? Seriously.
So I’m other words, you’ve never read a spiderman comic before?

Also about that last part:
They showed you five villains in marketing. It was stupid for people to thing that a sinister six movie would not only not be called a sinister six movie, but that it would also hide the last member.

Thats not how marketing works. If it was a sinister six film, it would have been labeled as such.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
First episode impressed. Kambe is a bit of an ass with his money but you can't hate him and Kato is voiced by Mamoru Miyano so that's enough of an interest in the two leads easily IMO. Three episodes in and just loving the chemistry.

Points for the OP as well. Like a Bond meets Wolf of Wall Street vibe but anime.
That opening is one of my favorites. At first I wasn't a fan of Kanbe but after a few episodes, I started loving them, then I started loving Kato.... then I started be a simp for both

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I’m other words, you’ve never read a spiderman comic before?

Also about that last part:
They showed you five villains in marketing. It was stupid for people to thing that a sinister six movie would not only not be called a sinister six movie, but that it would also hide the last member.

Thats not how marketing works. If it was a sinister six film, it would have been labeled as such.
I don't care if that's what the source material is like. All I care about is if I enjoy the movie or not. If I read the comic I'd be complaining about the comic.

And I don't care about your're marketing point. How do you make a Spider-Man movie with FIVE villains when he has an iconic group named the Sinister SIX!?! What idiot doesn't see that plan and go "hey, maybe we should throw one in here and make it a Sinister Six movie?". I don't care if my expectations were wrong or not. That's a stupid argument to make because it's just such a stupid blunder to make on the creative side.

Basically both your points amount to invalidating my issues with, not even the film because I haven't seen it, with the concept and plot summery of the film, because I'm thinking the wrong things about it. And that is just incredibly aggravating and non constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom