• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
friendship evolutions are so tedious
TBH they're only bad here because there's nothing to efficiently raise friendship in Gen 4, and you can't use things like the massage when the game punishes time travel (which is a weird choice when no other game in the series does that AFAIK).

I really hope next go around for the Gen 5 remakes ILCA relaxes on the "faithful remake" stuff a bit. There's being faithful, and then there's being so faithful that you recreate the original's flaws along with its strengths, and that's not a good thing.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH they're only bad here because there's nothing to efficiently raise friendship in Gen 4, and you can't use things like the massage when the game punishes time travel (which is a weird choice when no other game in the series does that AFAIK).

I really hope next go around for the Gen 5 remakes ILCA relaxes on the "faithful remake" stuff a bit. There's being faithful, and then there's being so faithful that you recreate the original's flaws along with it's strengths, and that's not a good thing.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. Friendship evolutions in BDSP are so tedious lol

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maaaaaaaaaaan

I hate that we're probably gonna have to wait until E3 to see Sonic Frontiers gameplay.

I wanna see it now, c'mmmooooooooon just show meeeeeee :191:

Ah well, I'll start my Sonic marathon back up in the meantime after I finish Pokémon here in the coming weeks. Think my plan is to start with plaything through Adventure from the beginning again, but fully modded this time.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
No Way Home spoilers are starting to swarm the internet, y'all.
Be very careful.

Nearly got spoiled something by a thumbnail and at this point, I'm not taking risks to see if it's real or fake.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No Way Home spoilers are starting to swarm the internet, y'all.
Be very careful.

Nearly got spoiled something by a thumbnail and at this point, I'm not taking risks to see if it's real or fake.
Wait a minute... Swarm the internet... Swarm...

I can't believe they're adding the Nazi made of bees to the MCU! (actual Spider-Man villain)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a statistic I think you people will find interesting:
1639537952278.png

And I think I used the dock more than usual. Am I alone in using handheld mode far more than docked?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The legends Arceus arc of the anime being Amazon Prime exclusive is not a sentence I ever thought I would say:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a statistic I think you people will find interesting:
View attachment 340303
And I think I used the dock more than usual. Am I alone in using handheld mode far more than docked?
I mostly play hooked to the TV.

I imagine my hours this year are looking kind of low, I didn't really play a ton of games this year. Might change that soon during the holidays.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I really hope next go around for the Gen 5 remakes ILCA relaxes on the "faithful remake" stuff a bit. There's being faithful, and then there's being so faithful that you recreate the original's flaws along with its strengths, and that's not a good thing.
I think ORAS punishes time travel a bit iirc; I think the mirage islands didn’t show up like you’d expect if you changed the system time. Maybe that one cave with the different water levels got messed up too, not 100% sure. Only lasted for about a day I think, but has still left me with some resistance to the idea of changing the clock for daylight savings time :S

also

don’t watch horror games at night, even if it’s RPG Maker. worst mistake of my life.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
10 more days until Christmas, time really does fly by quickly.

Welp, the new Spidey's out today in the UK so good luck to everyone going spoiler free lmao
I really wished I could watch the film today, but due to the surging cases of the Omicron variant that has been going on lately in the United Kingdom, I decided that I will wait until the film releases on Blu-ray instead.

But other than that I will be avoiding a load of spoilers in the meantime.

The legends Arceus arc of the anime being Amazon Prime exclusive is not a sentence I ever thought I would say:
I fell off track with Pokemon Journeys anime series since I really missed the times when Ash's pokemon had much more focus and development episodes. For example I do wish they give his Gengar a bit more development.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Welp, my phone cracked even more, now sporting the patented green line of dead pixels running down the screen. And for some reason my bus didn’t show up. I wonder if I should even bother with school tomorrow since I haven’t been there all week and would have to leave early to get on my road trip.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hawkeye Episode 5 Spoilers

The D+ series having their best episodes being second to last continues. The Yelena Snap scene, the Echo/Ronin fight, D'onfrio's return, it was all really good. The best part was the Kate/Yelena scene. It was just really good character stuff.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Controversial opinion:

I would rather have a Nintendo VS Capcom in the next five years over a new Smash Bros.
I can't say a Nintendo vs Capcom game would interest me much but I kinda agree.

Ultimate is a hard-to-top game and I think it's better for the series to take a short break until the next installment. Five years isn't even that long for a complete sequel, imo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's surprisingly long for a visual novel. And it's easy to get invested with these characters, honestly i think they are better characters than the main series cast.
Can confirm. When I played the game I would start playing at 9 in the morning when I wake up and die in up still playing the game at 1 in the morning the next day

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just watched Hawkeye episode 5.

Great to see Vincent D'Onofrio back as Kingpin! I'm about halfway through Daredevil season 2, so I need to get caught up on that show, but he's great in that from what I've seen so far.

Also, I've seen eight of the twelve episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 6 - there's a conversation early on in episode 8 where, if it hasn't been edited into Among Us footage, I'm sure it will eventually. (one of the prisoners is an imposter, and they're trying to figure out which one)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Controversial opinion:

I would rather have a Nintendo VS Capcom in the next five years over a new Smash Bros.

View attachment 340312

Now time for me to go grab McDonalds.
I mean, it's the only way I imagine Samus Aran in a fighting game done properly as Smash refuses to update her. Considering how nutty VS Capcom games can be, I dread what kind of monster she'd be. Also gimme a Shinespark super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom