• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean I'm not gonna simp for Cynthia's ancestor but I don't need every character design to appeal to my **** :drshrug:

Plus I already got Arezu

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another drawing I did recently, a color version of my Spider-Man 2099 sketch! I was happy with how it turned out for the most part I made two versions of it! Miguel's fun to draw.

Hopefully today is the day I can also share another project too, we'll see how it goes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jokes on you, I'm not planning to go there in the first place:

Dumbledore dies after he's revealed to be Spider-Man's father.
welp…twas good knowing ya
Hawkeye Episode 5 Spoilers

The D+ series having their best episodes being second to last continues. The Yelena Snap scene, the Echo/Ronin fight, D'onfrio's return, it was all really good. The best part was the Kate/Yelena scene. It was just really good character stuff.
Just watched Hawkeye episode 5.

Great to see Vincent D'Onofrio back as Kingpin! I'm about halfway through Daredevil season 2, so I need to get caught up on that show, but he's great in that from what I've seen so far.
the fact that Kingpin was added to the end credit picture is godly. And the fact that we’re actually gonna keep the Netflix MCU actors for future projects is just amazing. Matt in NWH (hope he then joins She-Hulk and gets his own D+ show), and somehow get the Cage family back in the picture…ugh after Spider-Man, the pain for waiting for more street level related content is gonna hurt.

Spidey vs Kingpin?
Young/New Avengers buildup?
Clint retiring one day?
So much can happen after 2021 ends.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
welp…twas good knowing ya

the fact that Kingpin was added to the end credit picture is godly. And the fact that we’re actually gonna keep the Netflix MCU actors for future projects is just amazing. Matt in NWH (hope he then joins She-Hulk and gets his own D+ show), and somehow get the Cage family back in the picture…ugh after Spider-Man, the pain for waiting for more street level related content is gonna hurt.

Spidey vs Kingpin?
Young/New Avengers buildup?
Clint retiring one day?
So much can happen after 2021 ends.
Regarding your hopes for the future, I know you meant Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (and possibly others; the only Netflix Marvel shows I've watched so far are Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones season 1, so I'm not sure if Danielle Cage is introduced in the Netflix shows), but my first thought was that you were hoping for them to bring back Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider.

I'd be fine with both of those outcomes, honestly.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Story character related stuff

Also having BDSP save data gets you a Darkrai mission in the post game for Arceus.
Pretty interesting that Cynthia’s ancestor started as a merchant. Volkner’s also presumably is the other merchant. Adaman low key looks like he could be related to Juan.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Another drawing I did recently, a color version of my Spider-Man 2099 sketch! I was happy with how it turned out for the most part I made two versions of it! Miguel's fun to draw.

Hopefully today is the day I can also share another project too, we'll see how it goes.
Miguel has honest to god one of the sickest Spidey designs in the franchise so I'll never tire of getting to see him. Glad he's a major character for the new Spiderverse considering he was only a postcredits gag

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Drake race:

1639584566884.png

“I’m Drake Mushussu. You don’t look like my master that much. Is that your haircut?”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Mesopotamian mythology. Mušḫuššu is a scaly creature with hind legs resembling the talons of an eagle, forelimbs as of lions’, a long neck and tail, tongue of a snake, horns and a crest. Its name means “fierce snake.” They are famously featured on the Ishtar Gate. Originally a symbol of the local god Tishpak, they were then adopted as the steed of Marduk after his conflation. They appear as “the Serpent” constellation of the ancient Babylonians.

Skills: Ziodyne, Bouncing Claw, Storm Dracostrike

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

I loved Mushussu since I was a mythology nerd as a kid and seeing it in Megaten was a treat, even if it’s a bit on the simple side. It’s perfectly accurate to the source material and looks cool enough to be the symbol of a chief god. The scorpion tail seems random but I dig it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Supposedly the Legends Arceus Arc isn’t cannon. Which is kinda stupid if true. This would be the perfect opportunity to have Quilava come back and evolve into Hisuian Typolsion.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Regarding your hopes for the future, I know you meant Luke Cage and Jessica Jones (and possibly others; the only Netflix Marvel shows I've watched so far are Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones season 1, so I'm not sure if Danielle Cage is introduced in the Netflix shows), but my first thought was that you were hoping for them to bring back Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider.

I'd be fine with both of those outcomes, honestly.
Danielle hasn’t been introduced yet, and that’s mainly due to Luke and Jessica not being in a long term intimate relationship yet (they even made coffee joke). Punisher, Misty, and the cooler Iron Fist (Colleen Wing) could also appear down the line….and no cap Nicolas Cage playing Johnny Blaze in the MCU would be awesome, just gotta keep Robbie Reyes around of course

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just coming by to say that Chainsaw Man rules.

Bought 3 volumes for it today & I read them all, I don't regret it one bit.

I'm so excited now to see the anime adaption when I can. The fact it's made by the same studio who made Dorohedoro is the cherry on top of this gorey yet somehow beautiful cake.

There totally should be a Chainsaw Man X Dorohedoro crossover btw.

With that all said, hope you're all going well!

EDIT: OMORI FINALLY COMING OUT ON SWITCH IN 2022, HELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still not sure how to answer this.

I'm so excited now to see the anime adaption when I can. The fact it's made by the same studio who made Dorohedoro is the cherry on top of this gorey yet somehow beautiful cake.

With that all said, hope you're all going well!

EDIT: OMORI FINALLY COMING OUT ON SWITCH IN 2022, HELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I was going to tag you on Omori but I see that it wasn't needed.

Also, glad you're enjoying Chainsaw Man, it's honestly one of my favorite manga of this year.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still not sure how to answer this.

I was going to tag you on Omori but I see that it wasn't needed.

Also, glad you're enjoying Chainsaw Man, it's honestly one of my favorite manga of this year.
You were both first person I thought off when sharing my opinion on Chainsaw Man & the Omori Switch reveal.

As always, you rule.

Funnily enough tho, I did had a interest in Chainsaw Man for a while. It's just only recently I FINALLY decided to take some time (and money) to read more of it, and god, does it hit so many sweetspot for me like I thought when I first heard about it. Why does Weird Gory Manga got some of the most likeable characters ever despite the fact most of them are weirdo, prick or weirdo prick at first glance?

Definitly a highlight of the year so far, and I hope I can get my hands on the remaining volumes when I can.

Also, I wonder if anything new is going to be include in the switch port of Omori.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I read the first few chapters, I really want to get into it but I think I'll wait for the anime adaptation since MAPPA is doing it and I was really impressed with their work on Jujutsu Kaisen

Also this is a great opportunity for me to promote my Jump Stars EX thread since we're doing 2010s characters very soon so characters from Chainsaw Man will be eligible

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't believe my dog is now 9 years old. Still feels like weeks or yesterday since I have gotten her.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness just leaked online.

Apparently, the main antagonist is Strange Supreme(?) with Stephen confronting a dark clad evil Variant of himself.

Also Stephen asks Wanda for help, who initially think he is there to confront her about Westview, and Mordo is back with dreads. America shows up but doesn't have any real presence.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also I thought Strange Supreme redeemed himself in episode 9 of What If...? now protecting the multiverse alongside Uatu?

I mean sure maybe he sees Strange himself being the sole reason the multiverse is out of whack but he suddenly just sounds so evil and sinister which is why I'm pointing this out.

Edit: Nevermind since it's the multiverse, there could be more than one version of Strange Supreme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom